Broken Repair Times / Terminals Time Wasting Meta Game

So, in the last two days, I’ve spent 12 hours at this stupid repair terminal.

Twice, it reset to full repair time for no reason at all. Twice it reset repair time because I crashed. And twice the repair time reset because the server reset.

Having to sit at a repair terminal and NOT play the game is a terrible game mechanic; and with the 8.2 update they’ve added the ability to adjust time/material to the repair.

Something needs to be done to offset this broken mechanic. I come here to PLAY the game, not to have my character sit and stare at a repairing ship for hours on end just to have the repair reset.

Fix the time wasting meta, please. Shorten the repair time drastically, or make it instant and cost 2x the materials to repair… I just want to play the freakin’ game.

3 Likes

It was a game bug out of the servers control. It should have already been fixed with 8.2. Test again and report.

This is something to report to Eleon since the server can’t do anything about it.

I confirm, was not fixed, just as bad as it was and I’m pretty much done. If I can’t play the game, then I won’t play the game.

Thanks to all the cool peeps who I played with. <3

This should be fixed in Alpha 8.2. It works passively in the background.

Instant is meant for creative servers for example. Survival implicates this.
However I want to change it either to “fast” or to a Components driven factory / repair bay instead of ingots.
That however requires a full wipe.
Chill until 12th September I guess and come back to a game you can “play” :wink:

1 Like

Reporting it to Eleon will surely help to get it resolved faster, that way you can get back to playing the game faster :wink:

1 Like

Theres one good thing about it. After months Im happily repairing everything with multitool again like in old good times.

giphy

1 Like

… which is great fun if you have a PvE ship.

But, try repairing a 20,000 - 40,000 block PVP CV manually, where you don’t have easy access to any of the internals.

It’s an exercise in futility.

Believe me i know the pain as im playing since 1.54. While I know it’s just first draft of new system im a bit sad still.

I miss ability to speed up repairs with mtool, I don’t like that console, it’s slow reacting, repairs are messing up and I have to start it all over, it’s disaster. And best is to forget to save template.

I wish they add some aoe effect to mtool, same as color tool can have, or it could repair 333 area to reach inner layers too.
So yeah, still repairing small dmg manualy and scraping badly damaged ships as im used to.

With all DSL I doubt there will be time to improve repair system anytime soon :confused:

1 Like

Faster, faster!!! :smiley:
Will test but now I can say @aeonbug had some/same issues, I think he classified those as nightmare :smiley: (yesterday evening)