Bug: CV Drill turret eats loaded ammo Access/Exit - video

Hope this is not a dup - apologies if so.

So i was having a good day in BH today when the freight spawned on me and i was like WOOT! Payday! but then Realized i was out of ammo… and ran like a baby. But i entered full and fired no shots… So i set off to see what was amiss…

Reproduce:

1. Have a CV with a Drill turret and handfire weapon with ammo
  • Load the weapon
  • Access your drill turret
  • Exit your drill turret
  • Note your ammo is now gone from your loaded weapon, and reserves are depleted
  • Repeat until you are fresh out of ammo.

Video:
https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ai0BnRG0AFfign2_hVbv4tl_tNb_

Logfile from after entering EM where this was reproduced:

29-19:32:49.989 11_32 -LOG- Playfield 'Elemental Marketplace' with seed 77 loaded.
29-19:32:49.990 11_32 -LOG- LogFlags = 0
29-19:52:55.358 11_52 -LOG- BP: Opened
29-19:53:36.578 11_53 -LOG- BP: Opened
29-19:54:13.794 11_54 -LOG- BP: Opened
29-19:59:03.967 11_59 -LOG- Marketplace: List lineList has 84 lines
29-19:59:05.459 11_59 -LOG- Marketplace: List currentReason has 0 lines
29-19:59:06.648 11_59 -LOG- Marketplace: List lineList has 84 lines
Too many vertices on one panel: 67180

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line:     51)

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

Too many vertices on one panel: 66400

29-20:29:17.197 12_29 -LOG- BP: Opened
29-20:29:19.661 12_29 -LOG- BP: Opened

Too many vertices on one panel: 67240

Too many vertices on one panel: 67800

Too many vertices on one panel: 65320

Too many vertices on one panel: 65620

Too many vertices on one panel: 65760

Too many vertices on one panel: 65880

/End log

It also drinks fuel cells even when not in use.

I keep mining turrets in a seperate category for this reason. Power them off, and the ship lasts 3 times as long lol

1 Like

Yeah i do too, but didnt know about the fuel eating – Will be powering that cat off as well now!

why would it drain power when not in use… this needs to be verified and fixed ASAP!!!

Loads of things do this: Thrusters, Turrets, RCS, pretty much anything has an idle power usage as well as an active one. It is common practice already to power off what you are not using. I will say, it does seem to drain an inordinate amount of power when idle.

1 Like

thats one way to put it… 1MW of power… so in my case… i had RCS/Thrusters already off… went from 146 hours to 445 hours by clicking off on the drill turrent alone… bigger savings than all my other stuff combined!!! thats insane… and its not even really “IDLE” as the laser is not being used… at least with thrusters, they are on, but at min usage… there should be a min usage limit… hopefully at least at or near 0 when the laser is not being used…

SOOOOOOooo tired of having to remember/forget to turn off/off sub components… better yet… have a new check box added for

“Always On” for things you want to remain on even when power is off… so like turrents and fridges remain on when “Y” is pressed to power off ship… you still get to choose what you want… but you can also specify a bypass of sorts.

1 Like

just because i know things tend to get talked about but never reported – Has this been reported as a bug?

The fuel consumption level? or the fact that it consumes.

Excessive consumption while idle

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.