"Cannot connect to dedicated server anymore" error

Got alot of desync and dcs as well.

While i haven’t been able to test on Nova yet, here is the log from WinMTR when sending packets to the sever IP, maybe this will be of some help…

There seems to be losses on the vac2-3-n7.fr.eu and vl101.rbx-97-n7.fr.eu servers…
net2.TXT (2.0 KB)

Thanks Fulgrim,

I contacted our provider and they said it is everything ok.
What you see in the log is that one proxy couldn’t get pinged by you - that is normal. For that reason you have the 10+ others. It is like a mesh network. In case one router is offline the other can transmit the data.
Nothing unusual so far.

In case I missed it: from where are you comming from? Austria?

Poland.
Messing around with different configuration, admin runs, ways of turning on EAC, even switched my router… no joy so far :frowning:

Hmm well to be really sure as Jascha said - please play a bit on HWS Nova (it is a different provider).
Remember you have there infinite donation res + bp packs so just do what you did on the EU server and see if you can reproduce it

Thia issue it is old for me,about three weeks ago,all the time.Today,only for this game,I take a new Internet provider for verify this problem.I had extensive discussions on the mail and on the forum(here and here) with Jascha about this problem.It’s strange,because this happen only to some players(included me).I do many professional tests like: UDP packets,MTU,ping,trace route,windows services,and so on,everything, absolutely everything was tested.All was ok.Last chance was to take another Internet provider.I will keep you updated with functioning.But,if with this provider the game will work perfectly,in my opinion can be a firewall which detect DDOS attack and blocked some IP classes for a little time.Another peculiarity is that only on this server have this problem.I played on differed servers,with some location,and all it is good.This message “cannot send to dedicated server anymore” it is new,in last version only EAC kicked me ,but at long time after problem appeared.
Greetings
Liviu Dan

Hey Liviu,

thank you very much for your report.
We are really worried by the fact that some people have so many disconnects but we can’t reproduce and find the problem.
What we did is contact our provider and checked all proxy servers, pings, MTU, DDOS, etc. Nothing. All good.
We also played around with some internal test builds from Eleon.

Now what we need to test is if the HeartbeatClient was the reason. At the beginning it was buggy, then the devs told us we should activate it again but then your problems started.

Quick info about HeartBeatClient:

Timeout in seconds after which a client will be disconnected if it
does no longer send heartbeat messages to the dedi (0 = feature disabled)

So with the next restart on EU and NA I turned it off again. It has pros and cons I believe… so please test it during the weekend and come back to us on Monday if it was better or worse.

was away from home for a few das, i’ll start testing that right away :slight_smile:

Nope, not working, already did get a couple of disconnects just afte ri started looking into boxes.

For the past 2 days I have been getting this as well. Seems to pick up frequency today it has happened quite a bit to the point I wont play till fixed. It happens with me and I will be just standing inside of my CV so I do not think it happens based on what you are doing.

I live in the US
awesome comp
awesome internet

After 24h of testing - still unplayable.
DCs during fighting, flying, messing with boxes, idling, mining,…

Had a few concurrent DCs on NA tonight. One just hung on the messGe but chat kept rolling. Never disconnected fully.

yea i never disconnect ether just says in red letters

“cannot connect to dedicated server anymore” in upper left of the play screen.

I did a fresh install including wipe out my bp library and still does it

Hey RexXxuS,

I played all weekend ,the server worked well.Only one time in three -four days I has this message.But now I am with new Internet provider.If you keep off Heartbeatclient,I will test again with the first(old) Internet provider for see what happen .
I hope that this can help to another players which have this problem.
Thank you for your time
Liviu Dan

Hey…oh that is interesting. Thanks for the info.
If you could make a test with the old provider that would be great. maybe afterwards we can test the same with Heart-Beat on again (old vs new provider). Then we could make sure its either the provider, or the heartbeat.

Hi,
Last night I tested 2-3 hours the game with old provider.The server worked fine, no problems.So it seems that the connection is not to blame.

I disconnected about half a dozen times last night, which was high compared to my max of one per day I have been getting. But every single one was while I was either moving items, or drilling with an HV.

Still got problems, even during last night’s stress test.
Jsut made a drive format and clean install, we’ll see how this works out.

Well, system wipe didn’t help.
I’m running out of ideas :frowning:

What’s intresting is it seems working fine on my laptop (didn’t have much playtime on it, but don’t remember having an error there).

The heartbeat client delay i belive isn’t helping, its just makes it longer for the “cannot send…” message to appear - usually takes about 10 to 20 seconds. during all this time i receive server info but don’t send.

It makes so that when deconnected when flying i reconnect a few kilometers aways from my ship (relative to how fast i was flying, servers keep me flying until it notice that i’m not sending “pressing W” info anymore).

Also make so that depending on the situation content of boxes can be duplicated or lost - content are lost if DCed when withdrawing (as server’s box info updates, but my character’s inventory don’t), but duplicating if thrown into a chest (server registers new stuff appearing in chest, but not disapearing from inventory). The second part might be used as an exploit by someone who can manage to consciously duplicate the error.

I’m joining the logs i got, maybe it will be of some help.
Client_170222-163604-17.log (67.6 KB)

also this all started on last Friday 02/17/2017 not sure what changed up to that point but I dont like it!