Cannot place hydrophonics bay

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened?
=> Tried putting down a hydrophonics bay. But when I do seems like there is something in the way but there is not. I have restarted my game twice, removed blocks that may have been the issue but they were not.

Player(s) with issue? (steam name)
=> Piachang

Server? (+ EU or + NA or RE EU or RE NA)
=> re na

When did it happen? (Use server time: type ingame cb:time)
=> Earlier today

On which Playfield?
=>

Structure Name(s)?
=> Orbital Reef

Structure ID(s) (Open ingame console and type di)?
=>

How can we help you now?
=> Remove what ever is there so I can place this bay

Hi, @piachang.

It’s most likely a ghost block. Another fun “feature” from Eleon :grimacing:
I unfortunately don’t think there’s much you can do about it. It might be the same as this bug here, caused by too many triangles.
It doesn’t need to be the same blocks; a lot of triangles in little space will do the same.

So I read the article you linked. If I read that right, I need to remove blocks to possibly fix that error, that is if it’s the same error?

are you placing it on a hydroponics unit? aka; grow plot.

yes. I have placed several in the same structure and this is the only one that’s giving me an issue.

If it’s the same issue, then you’d need to remove some blocks, yes.

Well, it’s definatly a ghost block. And I know right where it is. Absolutely nothing there but as though there was. I removed a bunch of blocks and it still does it. I guess I’ll live with it. Thank you.

Just curious, I had a base very close to the location my new base is at now. I tore it down to build this one. Would that cause the ghost block issue as well? I ask this because I believe I found another ghost block.

many things can cause ghost blocks. building in symmetry mode is the most common but also terrain can be the root cause. the game doesn’t see dirt has been dug out even though it has. random plant life has the same effect :frowning:

ok. thanks

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.