Carbon blocks are broken

In new season SV homing rockets are supposed to be very effective against carbon. After testing and a lot of battle experience, carbon blocks are still as overpowered as in previous season. Rockets do hardly any damage (Projectile destroys only one block, then when splash is applied, it deals basic damage, not increased). Same happens for HV and even BA weapons. Maybe it’s a mistake in config or a hidden buff to carbon in base game, which buffs splash resistance to carbon, but fights against any sort of vessel which uses carbon blocks are always a 30+ minute long frustrating experience. SV made out of carbon can safely dive bomb an armed base with many hvs and svs protecting it without worrying about anything for very long time.

7 Likes

I just doubled checked the Config.ecf.

The values are set correctly, no issue there.
But as already assumed in another topic, Carbon seems to have a special attribute for the game regarding splash / damage absorption.

Comparison tests to previous season are still much better but splash damage needs a separate buff / rework… somehow.
Will think about it.

3 Likes

I agree with politary its a bit overkill.

But who’s diving bases!? Need video :stuck_out_tongue: I haven’t seen anyone try our bases this season. Couldn’t confirm

I’l upload it later. Just moved, internet is not good enough to upload videos fast.

I think Carbon blocks should be removed. Or atleast keept weak the some as they are in vanilla. I see no point in having them. Their just some over powered blocks that further unbalances pvp. And creates a disparity by those who have them and those who don’t.

To me their just some Godmod blocks made for the rich and the spoiled to further overpower new players or small factions.

2 Likes

Well… you do get diamonds every day you logg inn. So not having them are lazyness :wink:

But yes, do see in ingame chat that people complain about the blocks being to powerful

1 Like

So now i have to have them and if i don’t its because i’m lazy? No, i think your just spoiled and you don’t want them taking away. Nice try at demeaning people who don’t have them and insulting them by calling all of them lazy. Chose your words more carefully nextime. Maybe better luck nextime? :wink:

This is what i reffered to budd.

Was not to offend anyone. Ment that everyone can easy build ships with carbs.

I don’t need anything taken away. I never do pvp any more :rofl:

Now this truly hurts my heart that you can’t pvp anymore. :frowning:

1 Like

All good :wink:
But thats another tread :grin:

I also see carbon blocks killing pvp not only because its over powered but because how many ships you make depends on some daily loot. Thats ridicules…

Can’t build this, can’t build that, because daily loot said so… pffsss

1 Like

@RexXxuS Here are some examples of what fighting carbon ship looks like… Fighting ship that receives almost no damage is not fun and once such ships appears in pvp, all the enjoyment of the fight is gone. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b68yeEc7cCk&feature=youtu.be

3 Likes

Being as everyone who logs in gets them… they’re hardly elitist. If players choose to sell them, sure. But you can’t claim that the average player doesn’t have ample access to them

2 Likes

Diamonds are in your daily, daily. Each diamond is 500-1000 blocks. If anyone is lacking in carbon blocks it is a chair keyboard interface problem.

They do need some tweaking though, I think

2 Likes

i have a ton of carbon blocks stocked up from the over generous cumulative loot last season that i am willing to part with. pm me if ur looking to trade.

1 Like

About carbon block I agree very long fights. Duel 1vs 1 its was tired. And we show when one sv attack base taken damage and go away.

3 Likes

I’m see video from you politary. 4 hv + sv + base can’t shoot down 1 sv? What a fuck? Good balance on server :joy:

2 Likes

Just remove these carbon blocks and diamonds from the game, return the usual plastic blocks. No need to invent problematic issues again.

4 Likes

I like hws meta with the carbon blocks. Perhaps a tweek here / there for balance. Overall progression of block values/ability — steel, hard, combat, xeno, carbon — like the concept and hope it’s retained. Although, imo — combat block needs a bit of buff to be more usable. Seems to have no use atm.

A major change to this progression and relative value of blocks, or removal of hws carbon blocks ---- (I’m still playing catchup with all the changes to date impacting builds) — would appreciate not having major changes for at least a little whiIe.

2 Likes