Clarification on digging under land claim device

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened:
=>I’ve seen TAW member digging under our base with land claim active by shooting ground with laser rifle. As far as I know, that’s illegal. I warned them that I’l make a ticket if I see it next time, but @Zackey_TNT said that it’s a common tactics on NA and it’s perfectly legal. Since there were cases of both warnings and no warnings after use of this tactics, I’d like to know the official stance for use of this tactic.

Player(s) with issue:
=> Politary, RaveKittiez

Server:
=> NA

Time (cb:time):
=> 00:20

Playfield:
=> Golden globe

Structure Name(s):
=> Cross v4-1

Structure ID(s):
=> 6773617

How can we help you now:
=> Clarify the official admin stance on this tactic

Good question.
There were situations in the past were it was illegale indeed.
It was a time though were the Config.ecf worked and weapons indeed did no damage to the Land Claim Zone.
By now, it seems it’s bugged or even intentional from Eleon. I don’t know.
Until I have a clear stance on it, I declare it as legal tactic.

4 Likes

I don’t see why it would be… all it takes is someone to dig to the person n kill them. Problem solved.

Shooting through blocks/terrain is a different matter n shouldn’t be allowed. :stuck_out_tongue:

I"d like to clarify that this post is misleading.
I dug under his base with a drill because they didn’t have a landclaim active at the time.
I dug up so that I had visual on his base blocks and I shot at that. I wasn’t shooting through terrain.
The problem could have easily been prevented by simply having a landclaim on your base, which you added after I had already tunneled to you.

The point of this post was to get a clarification on this tactic, since there were cases of this being both legal and illegal. Not for accusing or getting someone banned. I have nothing personally against it, but I don’t want to be banned for using it “because another faction was doing it before and nobody reported it”.

@Kittiez From my perspective the sequence was: I’ve seen you almost under the base> I placed land claim> I heared shots underground> I started digging to your location.
There was no way for me to see that you already tunneled all the way to the blocks before LC was placed. Hence the assumption of shooting through terrain.

That’s fine, I’m just clarifying the situation for you since you seemed to be pretty steamed at the time and weren’t listening to anything we were saying.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.