Colonist Scrapyard spoofing

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened?
=>
At the Colonist Scrapyards, someone is going around claiming salvaged vessels but leaving them seemingly available for salvage.
Loot is removed from the interior but exterior look intact and player core is placed by the switch to fool the unwary into having their license uselessly consumed.
Ship name does show in red but such indicators are not always reliable.

Player(s) with issue? (steam name)
=> Kiloran

Server? (EU or NA or RE)
=> RE

When did it happen? (Use server time: type ingame cb:time)
=> 2021-10-14

On which Playfield?
=> Baztochus/IPIAY I and Nixeriax/Airi 41851 V

Structure Name(s)?
=>

Structure ID(s) (Open ingame console and type di)?
=> 4069006, 4069001, …

How can we help you now?
=> It’s probably pointless and tiresome to track down players doing this.
Instead, I suggest that salvaged colonist ships self destruct after some reasonable period of time from toggling the switch. i.e. 2h

good suggestion, please for Ravien/@Vermillion. Can’t do it.

you do know there are some (very few, bur still exist) people out there that get some of those ships, repair them and use as cargo ships?
i build my own cubes-with-thrusters for that :smiley:

i don’t see a good reason to destroy their role-play by destroying those ships people bought after few hours…

what could perhaps be done is to set the switch also to explode on few seconds timer after using it…that way you can have enough time to move away and switch is one-time use only…perhaps also adding one of the siren-lights :slight_smile:
i think that wouldn’t be hard for Vermillion to manage

I agree. A one-time switch or a switch that is destroyed along with the original core would probably be the best and easiest solution.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.