Commodity trader, what is not working?

So you know how the mega alliances where founded? I doubt it. TPP was a 3 man faction in 6.5. In 7.5 we got upto 5 active players and we started to land on GG throw down a base and some HV’s and defend/mine until we where forced to bug out due to a larger alliance. Eventually more people joined TPP and we got more allies and then those allies got more people until 8.0 when TAW and their allies just kinda stopped attacking. By the end of 8.0 our mega alliance had broken up and disbanded due to boredom. I realize that this is not how EU formed their alliances but this is how people play this game. Stop trying to be a union buster, let them die on their own.

Normally I’d agree but the game is too small in size, has a steep learning curve …
I’ve seen this in ARK Survival for example, it never fixed itself. All public servers died from that because 1-2 blocks permanently took a position they can’t be removed from.

It partly suffers from the Alpha status, Alliances are not properly developed yet and factions lack detailed rights (it’s all or nothing).
I hope the game develops in that direction.

You make a lot of sweeping comments that are unfounded. I was going to try and avoid saying this but you might benefit from getting some friends in-game

Fact: most “large alliance” players have been playing for multiple seasons and are longtime players

Fact: like chaplain said, it does get self regulated whether you agree or not.

Fact: Having a larger faction keeps people with stuff to do and interested in the game, thus playing on HWS

Fact: From intentionally forcing players to band together, TAW/ACP generated content for a large group of people for multiple seasons.

2 Likes

HWS is fun because is the ONLY empyrion server where large scale battles are happening.
HWS is the server that stress test the game to its limits.
HWS is the server on which the developer are learning about a lot on bugs and fixing the game.
Universe is so big that also a big faction cannot control h24 all the sectors and planets trust me.
There are not only 2 big alliances.
When all pvp players are online of big alliances we are something like 10vs10 or 15vs15. maybe less.

Stop compare this game to ARK.

2 Likes

Big alliances are busy fighting each other anyway.
And i have agree with Paxxo, even 15 vs 15 is rare because any more than this usually kills playfield.

The way the traders have 2-20 items and first person after a reboot can get them all is silly. Same with selling to some extent.

Make it so HWS Connect handles trade goods buying in a similar way to OAM. Pay 5 million to get a trading contact, and you get one statue delivered per day, or 4 per week, or something. This way everyone who wants to has their own (minor) supply.

Then up the buy amount of the NPCs to 200 and put them somewhere difficult to reach. This could be a PVE POI or a contested PvP zone, each with their own different risks.

It’s no longer then about “who can camp the traders better” but an investment to buy them, then reasonable challenge to sell them.

I’d not like it automated, not sure about that. Lot’s of work to implement and not the best results to expect.
I agree that there is a lot of potential to make it better but the whole idea is to search for them, be faster than others (looking at Fasgort) and finding best routes.

I also think it’s not great as it is now, especially if you go back empty handed.
And with statues the profit seems to be so small it’s better to place them as deco.
But automating it sounds like giving up.

Aside that: I fully agree on difficult to reach.
I like the statues trader in Atlantis, quite awesome and non-lethal is ok too. (Though some ingame way to find the location would be useful)
Making it a real effort to get there and paying it by guaranteeing a full bag sounds cool.

The profit of the PVE items is fine, people just buying them all then selling them all are doing wrong. It’s not about doing several small trips everytime. It’s about making a large bank of them, then sell the stacks that are being bought expensively, and store the rest.

What I referenced to was not the buying and reselling of statues, thanks for bringing it up.

It was that there is sometimes a statue in your PERSONAL BOX in the POIs, also in difficult POIs.
It was considered a good reward in the beginning of the season.
In the beginning of the game it was balanced, you had a chance of 10k-400k profit with such a statue.
Then people started trading them in masses (looking at you) and here the inbalance probably came up.

So now we have maybe a balanced statue trading but the reward of POIs was never adjusted to account the fact it’s only 1/10th of value now.

That’s the story with the statues in the POI. It was meant as an introduction to the trading, and not a permanent thing. It’s all about buying and selling, not as an additional expensive reward in POIs.

And yeah, of course I traded for them, that’s also the point of trading, buying cheap and selling expensive. Knowing where to buy, where to sell, the prices and how much profit can one make with a deal is all information and knowledge a trader must have. That was how I worked at first.

Maybe in a few seasons we will have that Rebel Galaxy or Freelancer (Microsoft) feel. All in all, this is a great first pass and well done @RexXxuS