Config/Rep2template - components

Hey all. What happened with this today? I saw it was implemented then reverted?

Would be really useful @RexXxuS

I got a number of CVs needing repair - one with an 8hr repair time.

Too many people complained, the side effect was that people had to make the components to add to your BP factory to spawn vessels. I think it would be better IMO than just throwing rocks in an imaginary factory and out comes a space machine.

This isnt rocket science ya know.

1 Like

Yeah I think the cure for this repair issue needs to come from Eleon not a HWS band aid. Overwelming present majority disliked the change so Rexxus did not even wait for the next restart to revert. I get that repair times of 8hrs is hurtful but it is a new feature we all knew would need work. Seems to work fine mostly on SV and HV. For now that is better than nothing, though HV/SV may rarely survive and are cheap.

Honestly hoping that the revert back stays because the change to the BP is unfair to new people that need that first SV/HV and can not get it because they need a BA but can not get that because they need components. Which in that portable constructor would take hours.

1 Like

Components would be much more preferable. I dont think I ever use ingots in my factory anyway.

Guess i’ll just have to clutter up the server with my wrecks til I get recycle 5. Not enough game-time to screw around with a multi-tool anymore.

Thanks for the replies gents.

1 Like

While I saw the possibility to enhance the Repair Bay with Components, I didn’t see that is also would impact the Blueprint Factory. And since it is a decision (you can’t get the ingots / components out after a change) I had to revert it, since some players had thousands of ingots already dropped into their BP factory…

Such a change would only fit for the next season where everyone starts at zero.
If still requested.

2 Likes

I prefer using components instead of ingots, constructors are underutilized as it is, too convenient to just throw in ingots and wait.

Dont get why its setup as an ‘either/or’. Why cant both ingot and component dbases be included? The factory at present allows for this.

1 Like

That would be my thought but guess something Eleon needs to resolve…I will say this though at the start of the game as a noob you are dumping everything you come across in there. Not only for the BP you want to use but also because your inventory fills so fast that you need space.

Can only hope in the future that the 2 systems are pulled apart and become unrelated where materials are concerned. If not then a lot of people will be really unhappy and starters will be even more overcrowded as getting off will be 20x’s slower.

Rexxus that may be something to think about for next season before Eleon fixies anything. You make this change and getting off starter is going to basically mean most are going to have many constructors running. Portable constuctors everywhere and likely just left after. Many of those will vanish in the cleanup because they are coreless for they are a mini structure. Public Constructors that many need will lead to theft with the person standing right there helpless to do anything in a PVE envirorment. Would all this be worth it for the benifit it produces? Maybe better to allow Recyler level to carry over and people can do things that way. Perhaps recycle a certain amount of a BP leads to being able to a free BP spawn now?