Containers not stacking correctly in HWS+ NA

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened?
=> Everything that is harvested disappears if there is no room in the destination. Containers are not stacking correctly in this regard relative to player stacking level. So the player continues harvesting not realizing that it is going into oblivion because nothing drops after the game tells you that the container is full.

Player(s) with issue? (steam name)
=> I’m Deep Thought but this applies to EVERYONE

Server? (EU or NA or RE EU or RE NA)
=> NA

When did it happen? (Use server time: type ingame cb:time)
=> 04:00 July 02, 2022 was the most recent occurrence.

On which Playfield?
=> Explorer HQ

Structure Name(s)?
=> Farm IV

Structure ID(s) (Open ingame console and type di)?
=>1372307

How can we help you now?
=> It’s a universal problem. Nothing for me .

Hi, this is something for @RexXxuS. Unfortunately he is on vacation, so we can’t do much before he returns.

But I suggest adding more containers for now, at least.

Already done. Just letting you guys know about the problems. 1-stacking and 2-items not dropping when you pick them up with a full container or pack for that matter. Thanks, DD
Btw, for anyone following this thread, a quick transfer to an empty container and back fixes the stacking problem but that’s just an interim solution.

turning on any auto-sort function in the containers also helps

Hi,
I’m back and don’t know exactly what you mean.
The Stack Size got reworked and in my test it stacks properly.

Full containers always drop Ores, in Vanilla or RE.

Hi,
Well it seems to be working now and the only explanation I have is that I had quick chosen level 5 stacking from the Skill Master and I just turned it off. Before the container would stack at the minimum count instead of the skill upgraded count and move to the next slot - so you would run out of slots fast and when all the slots were occupied it would report that there was no more room. Even though you could make more room by manually moving stacks together to reach the level 5 upgraded count. It was doing something else that is strange also. After telling you there was no more room, it wouldn’t stop you from picking anymore up. The items just disappeared as you collected them. This also seems to be working correctly now since I have unlocked my skill selection. Now it wont let me pick up any more after it has notified me that the container is full, which is correct. So apparently it is all part of that quick select option from the Skill Master or so it appears.

Hmm ok for the info.

I’ll check it for the next season again then.

Well, apparently turning of quickskill has’nt completely fixed the stacking issue yet. If I tell the constructor to make more ingots of an ore, it ignore the ones that are there (incomplete stack) and starts a new stack. Same with harvesting into container - Incomplete stacks are treated as if they are complete and ignored.

Do you have a video by chance?
Overall it all sounds like intentional and correct. A constructor or drill do not have an auto sort mechanism. I might ask Eleon though if this can be added.

And what does turning off quickskill mean? With the current reworked stack size system it’s a global stack size. Does it mean you have temporary skill level 1 again?
If yes I have to remove quick skill for stack size.

Marko mistakenly identified the manual sort options as auto-sort. I never mentioned it.

Turning off quickskill - At the beginning of the season, the only way to deal with the tiny stack sizes was to accept the quick skill upgrade from the Skill Master at ECC - 5 levels for free. BUT you could not add any other skills until you paid her off 250,000 credits to turn off your quick skill upgrade.
I paid her the 250,000 to turn off stack skills so I could upgrade Warp LY to level 1.
(see [turn quickskill off.gif]
[stack1.gif] shows what happens if there is a stack with less than the “full stack” for my XP level. I don’t quite understand this yet. But keep watching. [stack2.gif] shows the search for existing stack operating as you would expect (this is how it worked up to 50k in previous seasons)
[stack3.gif] shows what happens now. The existing stack of Zas ingot is above the limit set by your stacking algoritm so it just gets ignored and a new stack is started. When the slots are full, the constructor stops and says there is no more room. This is wrong. I can still stack them manually or use an empty container to ‘auto-stack’ everything to the maximum level for that component type.
The same thing happens when harvesting food [veg1.gif] but worse. It ignored the existing stack. Same in [veg2.gif]. But then in [veg3.gif] it ignores the first stack because it’s over my allowed stacking limit and ADDs it to the next existing stack under my stacking limit. Why NOW? Presumably because it’s the top left most slot that is under my stacking limit level for that commodity - I dont know.
In [veg4.gif] I want to find my stacking limit for vegs. 88 - no, keep going it’s not over yet. It starts on the next slot after the stack hits 96. This is my harvest stack limit for vegs. When the fridge runs out of slots it says there is no more room and stops. But I can manually stack them to 300 the same way as before with containers or the backpack. All these different container types operate the same way. - limiting how much you can ‘F’ select into each slot.

Note the grain stack that is 90 - this is because there were 3 wheats among the sprouts of corn and when it hit 90 I was harvesting corn which is 12 output putting it over my 96 count stacking limit. So it skips to the next slot in the container.
There is no point to stacking limit of 96, for example, when I can manually restack them all the to global maximum as you call it. It’s just a real pain.
Should you turn off the quick skill update option from the Skill Master for stacking - I believe so, yes. It’s bugged.
Should you turn it off for everything else too. Yes. Since you must deactivate it to update any other skills it is basically just extorting credits from everyone. Not a good look.