CoQ on warping

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened:
=> Usually on the first warp after logging in (both standard warp and Supergate warp) I get a CoQ message while the warp graphic is up. My controls are then disabled and a relog is needed. When I have relogged I am outside my vehicle and the cockpit says it’s already occupied. I have to do a ‘detach’ command in the console, which puts me in the cockpit. I then have to exit the cockpit and reenter in order to get contol of the vehicle back. When this happens into HW space I and my ship are vulnerable for a minute or so because it is PvP. So far I have been lucky and noone has come across me while my ships have been disabled in this way. I have taken to going to ECC space first, because this CoQ mostly happens on the first playfield change.

Player(s) with issue:
=> Aeonbug and SwissSteel. Maybe others?

Server:
=> NA and EU

Time (cb:time):
=> Every time on a new login. It seems to have started after the last hot fix or there abouts.

Playfield:
=> Eden to ECC space, Eden to HW space, Sanctuary to ECC space, sometimes ECC space to ECC planet. Maybe others?

Structure Name(s):
=> I have had this happen with all my vehicles

Structure ID(s):
=>

How can we help you now:
=> Has this problem been reported by others? I have cleared my cache and verified files, but no change. Any suggestions on how to stop this problem would be appreciated.

Had the same issue, but thought it was when using hwp warp!
But, i never relogg, i just wait it out! Saves me allot of time! Even if only option is to quit, i just wait a min, and it is gone!

Have you reported to Eleon?

Thanks for the report.
I lost track myself what is in QA and what not. Many issues came up with Alpha 11.
This is one of it and I think all have one thing common. See here:

1 Like

I noticed this happening more often the longer the game is running. restart the game as soon as u start to notice signs of funny business by the game engine.

Although I have not done enough research on it yet, I think I have made an interesting and relevant observation. After the CoQ happened 3 times in a row I observed that the Max Velocity had been showing as 1m/s:-

I then logged out and back in again got into my ship and it showed 1m/s, so I exited the ship and re-entered it and it showed 200m/s and I did not have the CoQ when I changed playfield.
I seems that the Max velocity showing as 1m/s is related to the CoQ happening. It would be worth others looking into this and seeing whether this is a valid theory. If it is then a bug report needs to be sent to Eleon.

Yes, I think the new Flight Controller is the worst thing added to Empyrion in 4 years.
So we try to investigate and let Eleon know about this.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, I think my theory might be in error. I have just logged in and the ship I got in showed the Max speed as 200m/s when I turned it on. My first warp produced a CoQ message and the ship controls went dead as has happened before. For the moment I still think there might be a link between the CoQ and the HUD numbers, so I shall continue the research.

the speedometer in the hud issue will clear up when u exit and reenter the ship. sometimes u have to F6 it a few times as well.

@Bob. Rescuing ourselves from the various problems in this scenario is not difficult. The underlying CoQ is what we are trying to find the cause of. We need to concentrate on that issue and not become sidetracked anywhere else. Thanks for your help though.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.