Cpu issues BA vs HV vs CV vs SV

Yeah data is data right? They should be content to collect all that they can from everyone if they want a final product that’s polished and well received.

2 Likes

I’ve put 1500 hours into HWS, 700 into creative building PvP designs that were mostly pretty damn good at what they were intended to do. Only lost one tank that was still anything recognizable, but sadly, this was all before CPU. Since CPU changes began coming, I’ve spent a total of 3 hours in game. Most of this was spent either turning all of my money into ammo/ores/devices, or helping out a friend who needed assistance.

The developers, who are very against listening to criticism, are pushing away a large percentage of their playerbase with every update, and many are gettting sick and tired of constantly rebuilding their designs. I understand that this is a) a large part of an alpha game and b) part of the fun. After a few seasons of this though, getting everything rebuilt either due to the “Carbon Block Crisis”, the addition of CPU, or different material changes, really made me grow tired of damn near getting sent back to the starter blocks every time.

I’ve had more than my $20 worth of fun, probably more memorable than most games I’ve played, but as much as I’d like to enjoy these new updates, it’s slowly pushing me away. I’ve attempted a few builds under the new guidelines, and frankly, I don’t know if I’ll come away with any progress. I prefer to build with redundancy and bait. According to @IgoSolo, these tactics are useless now.

Off to creative I go, to see if anything enjoyable is still possible in my favorite sandbox game.

5 Likes

I feel like I need to make an update here after 8 hours in creative trying different tactics, trying many old designs, fully rebuilding most of my old designs, and here I am. The only way I was able to make an HV that didn’t drive like a brick, was to make it Carbon/Steel. No Armored or Combat. I’m honestly terrified to look at any SV builds or CV builds, knowing that it will probably result in even more rage than has happened in the last few hours.

I’ll attach a screenshot of the only tank I was able to rebuild, keeping somewhat of any of the original stats.

I was able to keep some sort of redundancy but lost most of my “extra” bits that made my tank, my tank. No manual bait, only one turret that isn’t functioning. This means that I stripped off all my miniguns off as well. 34 RCS is as many as I could keep, taking up 20,000 CPU in the process… I guess I won’t have redundancy there.

Anything bigger than Class 1 is impossible, period. (Unless you want an illegal build, using an ungodly amount of lights to float your size class and generate an inconceivable amount of lag)

1 Like

Maybe eleon want to get rid of the hv?

Even none combat hv su***

No, they want to get rid of mass multiplayer. 4 players max I bet.

3 Likes

I can say its still possible to build a decent enough HV/tank, its not perfect it may or may not cause a challenge for me when taking out a base but it seems to work well enough. It is a little over the cpu limit but I took damages from hits into consideration so I tried to make sure that the HV could survive, I made one with combat and armored steel, with a bunch of carbon on the inside. and one hv with just carbon

This is the first tank? i made, it was fast but not as strong

I think in the end, you have to choose whats more important to you, its very hard to decide if armor is more important, fire power, or speed, you cant generally have all, and because of that it will prove difficult to compete with a base

Current combat tanks seem to have about 20 yaw from the ones I’ve seen. This is easy to replicate in carbon (with about 1-2k extra blocks) or mixed carbon/combat steel with equivalent blocks.

It would seem that an easy fix for HWS for tanks, if need be, would be to increase the HP of combat steel s blocks (as SVs are in a better place and cannot use this block anyway). Then even in a checkerboard combat steel/carbon build it would have equivalent armour, equivalent handling, would be cheaper in terms of most resources but would cost more in terms of diamonds if the carbon block economy stays the same.

@Chaotic, have you been using the new smaller 1 block square generators for bait as well? That’s one new change I really like for both SV and HV.

1 Like

With carbon gone, mixed CS/carbon will not be an option so HVs are almost certainly going to be hurting now or at least be a lot smaller block size (or use normal steel/hardened for same size).

Hey Rexxxus, I think we need some Unobtainium !

Super light weight, tougher than titanium alloy LOL !

Totally Unobtainium !

1 Like

Your suggestion is unobtainable.

The Core much?

too many blue aliens in the way…