CSW Taxing problem

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened?
=> to avoid making ticket for runaway (disappeared) ship, i was chasing my CV around ECC/JVI HQ space on NA on my own for a while…when i finally managed to get it, it was already very near server restart time and i decided to rather stay on NA as risking doing CSW in few minutes before restart (did that few times last season and lost everything, you guys had to restore my ship back then)…
unfortunately, i forgot how exactly the taxing formula works: i had small CV (27 blocks) left on ECC on private (i am about 75% certain i switched it to faction after spawn, but i didn’t double check it)…that only 1RP on my “clone” character left on EU used in tax calculation when one is CSWed to another server caused for me to be taxed over 117M credits for it, i am now 30M in debt…

Player(s) with issue? (steam name)
=> marko0280

Server? (EU or NA)
=> EU

When did it happen? (Use server time: type ingame cb:time)
=> server restart at 09:10h

On which Playfield?
=> ECC

Structure Name(s)?
=> event teleporter

Structure ID(s) (Open ingame console and type di)?
=> 37694616

How can we help you now?
=> i know there is tax to be paid and i am perfectly fine with it, but i think getting taxed 117M credits for 27 blocks size ship is a bit excessive…if i haven’t chased my CV around, i would have managed to get back to EU before the reset and i would have probably paid less then 0.1% of the tax i paid this way…
is it possible to apply some (at your opinion) reasonable tax and refund the rest of my credits?

perhaps could the tax formula be adjusted a bit (RP part) to avoid this kind of excessive taxing when stuck on another server? for example make the “clone” characters RP in tax formula is minimum of 10, that way we still pay high tax but don’t have to sell our soul for the debt? :slight_smile:

Short answer: no.
Long answer: CSW is already an incredible advanced, rewarding and popular feature.
It went far beyond the original idea of “meet new players” to “2 OCDs, 2 EBs, twice the reward, etc. etc.”.
So the Tax formula don’t care the slightest if you are a CSW user or not nor will it care.
It’s the player responsibility to take care of it, in the good or bad way.

I could also argue that you knew exactly how risky it is to do CSW right now, everyone should be aware, but still doing it for the mentioned rewards…
But since you asked nicely and the bug is indeed stupid, I at least cleared the Debt now.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.