Current state of HWP - gareth_8000

okay guys… going to throw this out there…
i’ve been part of HWP for several seasons and have had so many people supporting what we do, who we are, and tbh its been great, people know us and relate to us and what we stand for…

but over the past month, i’ve had alot of abuse / messages / hate towards HWP faction, i dont know if it was intended or people just having a laugh… for example… a few days ago i found a message outside HWP base on Protoz saying ACAB which was done by miner and for people to know it stand for All Cops Are Bastards…

I’ve really had enough of this as we are here to help and moderate the servers and if this continues well i feel like quitting this dream…

Over the seasons we have helped the admins to decrease the volume of tickets and offer ingame help while enjoying our own gameplay, but this latest message really got to me…

I would like to know why people would do this… amoungst other messages i’ve had to deal with ingame or found…

I really dont know who did this latest message but I really hope you got your ‘thing’ out of it… and are proud of it…

Admins dont want this crap, and certainly I dont want this crap… so I ask the community to support us and understand who we are and what we stand for… to help…

i’m in a few minds atm…

1. to quit this and play as normal
  2. continue to play HWP faction with the knowledge that this will never happen again
  3. change HWP to something else… eg HWL (Homeworld Legends), HWG (Homeworld Guardians) or something else… you get the idea…

I really hope these players who have made me upset… again… with your antics

So… I leave this to responce from the players and admins…
lets see what ppl say…

6 Likes

im sure some of it is just a perception issue. others just like to be bullies in any way possible. u guys are doing a fantastic job helping the community. far too often the unsung heros are underappreciated. perhaps a name change would be in order to reflect what u actually do, help the community. the word “police” holds many different emotions and meanings to us all. i know “community helpers” is already taken in a way. i am leaning towards a word like mentor. several possibilities here…

4 Likes

What can I say…
Maybe take a month break, and people can try and get help as fast as now without you here :wink:

I don’t think all players actually understand the work put down as hwp. Not only ingame, but on forum and discord as well…
Only the got of gigabytes know how many hours I alone have spent guiding, showing and even just talked with players on discord. How many times I have got up from bed to help someone ingame, or to just watch a battle, so both sides feel it is a fair match. All for free, and for the best reward I could get. A thank you.

Hws need hwp.

But yes, some players want hwp gone, not going in on this now, as that has been discussed enough.
I am truly convinced that 98% of the player base want hwp here, and appreciate all the help provided by you.

You can not use Legends in the name, that would require me there :smirk::smirk:
But guardians, yes. Guardians of Homeworld.

Keep doing what you do, and report idiots that work against your position at hws.

Cheers and xx

1 Like

I’m confused. Getting harassed for helping other players is still harassment. Whether or not you do knock down doors in reality doesn’t constitute the need of harassing of others.

Sounds like cases of temp or permanent ban would be justified depending on the severity of the infraction would be warranted.

1 Like

Don’t know who did it, maybe you can see on the proximity logs from the registry?
Maybe HWH Homeworld Helpers would be another name. There is a bit of a police hate especially in the past few years with blm etc

edit meant to just reply in general, not specifically to you dq

3 Likes

The HWP is doing a great job and helped with countless small and big problems. Who knows how many people would have left the Server when the HWP wouldnt be there.

Bringing Reallife stuff on the Server is something that RexXxus always tried to prevent, the Server doesnt need political discussion or other stuff like this. This includes the different views on the role of the Police.

I also think a Namechange could help here. You dont arrest people, you protect them. Thats why i think HWG would be a possible Name - the HOMEWORLD GUARDIANS

3 Likes

There is no reason to be offended by ordinary trolling, come on.

10 Likes

6 Likes

Classic Gareth landing :smirk::smirk:

5 Likes

Damn people are bringing this nonsense into video games now?! this is why we cant have nice things.

Always respect HWP aswell as anyone apart of HWS team… stay safe and all love <3

2 Likes

HWP are great, always have been.

I doubt its the name police though, just some people are absolute tools and don’t like to even be told politely to do/not do something. Tools aren’t just found in hardware stores.

3 Likes

Hi Gareth,
chin up mate. This is an aspect of the Real World that is creeping into HWS that isn’t welcome.
Although we haven’t interacted, you and I, I’m aware of your presence and reputation and it is a good thing. If you need to take a break, do it - we will cope and, of course, miss you.
On the faction name question, I think the solution has been presented already. I really admire the name that the Irish republic has given to their police, which translate as “The Guardians of the People”. Guards for short. It moves away from the negative associations that the word “Police” now has.
Anyway, whatever you decide to do, you have my support (for what it’s worth).

Nil Illegitemi Carborundum dude!

1 Like