Current State of HWS + whats coming next

Nothing clear about this taxes… It eats money even on START PVE planets… wtf? Ofc, for some old players with credits on EB, thats not so big problem, but for new players? How they must create SV/CV, without placing BA?! "Very interesting"©13th

btw, there is still question about faction space: As I understand - I pay tax for BA/CV/SV on Faction-planets (!!!). But what about space? If I place my CV in Faction-space - would i need to pay tax? Or not?

Start planets no taxes!

I am a fan of rhetorical exclusion. So if I don’t mention something about X it means it does not apply. Or ask in worst case.

If we would write everything down (every planet wipe yes or no, etc.) the guide would be a book.

i think tax is a good idea if you do your homework you should easy and comfortably live on a trader planet with a bit of work lol not much just a little lol and i think there should be a wipe of bases not visited within 3 to 4 days lol
:grin:

1 Like

yes, the playtime will be considered soon too. Still not finished here and there. Since we want to implement this as a core HWS feature we polish it till it is perfect :wink:

1 Like

Perfection alas is impossible, I am not the longest term player on this server and even for me with a single CV stripped to the bare minimum of survival and the ability to warp around see’s a high tax, a new player would not even be able to survive as things stand, no RP, no credits, very little resources, experienced PvPrs wiping them out if they stay in space, its a quick trip to keeping only the long term hard core. And yet the long term hard core have MILLIONS of credits in the bank, the interest alone per day pays for everything they could build 10 times over, where is the encouragement to make a new player stay?

Now, I had some thoughts about this:

1. Weighted wealth: this is where the total assets of a player are cumulated and determines a rating factor on how much tax is paid, hence a new player has very little and thus their tax would get maybe a 99% discount, encouraging them to work hard and as they do, so increasing their tax burden while allowing them to also build up how they play and prosper. Eventually they would achieve via whatever faction they choose a 0% discount and are considered established players.

2. The biggest issue on trader planet is to many structures, SO, what’s the cure? Well, everyone and I mean EVERYONE is building their own bases, but wait, this is a FACTION planet, right? So why do we allow this? A faction planet should only allow ONE faction HQ (base) per faction, each member of the faction is then allowed ONE CV, SV & HV for personal use. This for one would eliminate all these pesky huts and other wasteful bases, it would mean that as a faction increases in members that they would have to expand their individual CV to feed themselves/work or the HQ would have to be expanded increasing the whole faction tax, for me this would be the most sensible way of structure control.

3. Faction planet CV ban, yes, all CV’s are banned from the planet surface, SV and HV only allowed, however this would require the orbit to be PvE for the CV’s to be parked in and again can have a limit to one CV per person, this would reduce the number of cores on a planet as well as the complexity of the items there, granted it might not lower the cores a great deal but it will be better than having CV’s and SV’s for each player and if someone wants to build a mega sized SV, its gonna get a hell of a tax burden. The orbit would probably also need a tax, as well, to discourage massive CV’s there and no bases allowed, thus the base and CV’s are split apart, one on planet, one off planet.

Anyway just my ideas, something to think about as I think there is means to tax, after all traders, like myself, don’t have a problem with tax so long as we can make enough credit to cover it. The flip side is pirates and the more PvP orientated players wont reside on their faction planet because they are brave devils up for a fight!!! Hence for them, there is no tax if they don’t use the faction planet. And yes I know, its a traders choice, but read the story people, traders are here to mine, manufacture and trade, not to fight, we are not going to sit in PvP space. End of the day it has to be accepted either the server is a mix of both with a fair way for all to get a foot hold, or its all PvP and most will leave, most people don’t like to loose all their hard put in effort.

Duke.

If the trader planet is already overcrowed, i think Rex needs to put back a limit on faction planets for BA/CV/SV/HV.

Seriously, playing Empyrion on HWS server is far more easier than playing on a simple server without any tools. It takes only a few hours to get a CV and move from starter even if you are a new player with nothing.

Long term players are may be rich yes but they spent enough time over months on this server to get to that point, any new player can reach the exact same state with time, it’s even easier now in fact than in previous versions of HWS.

Pb is new players want everything right now, that “kind” of players should not play survival games as they absolutly didn’t get the interest and the long term goal.

Wether you play 7DTD, ARK, rust etc…it’s always the same thing, you’re new you have nothing, play and get richer.

Hello Thranir !

Good to see you.

This could be solved by ‘You cannot build here / land here.’ msg when Faction A (type) tries to build on Faction B (type) planet or Orbit… I know - dreaming here.

Would allow for visitation.

But what about a ton of folks littering a planet with CVs? Not good.

Want to visit other faction planets?

What about an expensive toll? :slight_smile: (just thinking out loud here)

Solving these problems seems like trying to fix a leaky dam.

You patch one hole and out pops another.

The owner/admins’ job is NOT an easy one.

Try pleasing 3-400 people… all at once. :slight_smile:

What you wind up doing is trying to please MOST of the people MOST of the time.

Do that = very acceptable success.

The fact that there are 100+ people on EU and NA at peak hours tells us all that they are doing MOST of this right.