CV stolen while offline

Seems someone on this server is abusing offline protection. I had my CV parked in Milky Way Mars for some hours, then I come back and it’s just gone, all of it.
I suppose that it wasn’t completely covered by the offline protection, though I had 3 devices on it. Now I would like to know what the admins are about to do as it clearly violates the server rules.

Well, I can’t be completely sure if it was stolen or just deleted by the server. I can just say that it’s impossible that it has been wiped by the 72h wipe, as I was only away for an afternoon.
Other players also reported that their CV had vanished, we will probably never find out what happened.

1 Like

well, I’m sorry to say this, but there’s nothing on rules that state you cant take a CV when it’s owner is offline…
and it’s up to you to try and cover all, or at least important parts of the CV with the offline shield, when you cant really check if it does yourself.
And you need to keep the CV on the whole time you’re off.

I know it sucks when you lose stuff while offline to a guy that decided to steal from you, but that’s PvP.

If you need help, I’ll do what I can,
but on a heavy PvP server like this, you have to prepare for this kind of stuff :frowning:

1 Like

So this means, we have NO offline protection at all on this server (which is the case because the device doesn’t work)?
I have seen some parts of other CV sticking out of the offline protection bounding box, so that should be varified.

And to answer some of your points: Yes, I had my CV powered with 30h+ runtime in the tanks. If I knew, I keep the guns up and running and all that (though they should not attack because I was in offline protection > makes no sense really to keep them up). Seems like the server is wild west anyway with no rules and anything really, so I won’t bother stealing and destroying myself. Better stay online 24/7 or your stuff might be gone. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Hey guys,

sorry today Jascha and me doing some real life stuff (wtf?! x)) and coming later.
Well we thought that the offline protection device would be legtimate many PvP areas (in pre alpha there were Peacekeepers). But you need to set them to faction to make them work. Private or Public does not trigger the shield.
I don’t know if you did this?

Other than that what was the name of you ship?

No, we have rules and this is no wild west at all! :confused: See them here: empyrion-homeworld.net/rules
For now it is called hard universe and I want to try the universe with less PvE as possible. But if the OP device is not working I will rethink this option.

1 Like

Thank you for your post, Rexxxus. I appreciate that you are active and caring admins in the first place. I agree that many PvP areas contribute to more action going on on the server. However, what I don’t like is, when I am offline for just a single afternoon and I come back and find all of my stuff gone, my CV and thousands of resources in the constructors. Had this happen for the second time now, first due to the 72h wipe and now because I didn’t know that I had to set the OP device to faction. This information wasn’t stated anywhere, so how could I have known? In addition to that I have come across at least one other ship that had its offline protection fail because it was not all covered by the bounding box, so it’s kind of a know issue or bug or whatever you might want to call it. Even if there were one or two PvE spots, I am not interested really in farming 150 crystals in order to get my ship somewhere save because I ended up on the wrong end of the universe. I don’t want to spend farming blue crystals for 2h everytime I move my CV out of PvE in order to keep it save before I log out.

To my mind, if it is possible, final wipes to all structures of a player should happen after a week of time. Of course it would be favourable to wipe single structures instead of wiping whole planets also.
Concerning the offline protection, I can only say that I didn’t violate the server rules in the first place. The unknown player stealing my CV did not keep to the rules. Setting the offline protection to faction causes more problems as you might think. What if a faction has 5-10 members eachone having a CV parked in a different playfield. If only ONE player is online, 9 of 10 CV are without any protection really. As you said, private setting does not give OP -> biggest bullshit I have heared in a while, really :laughing: -> forces players into one-man-factions which is exactly the opposite of what you want to achieve with the server story. Seems we are all gonna end up as lawless or sneaky, slaugthering rule violating pirates :laughing:

Now, how are you gonna solve this? If it doesn’t work here -> next server
The name of my ship was Sentinel Prime, had it parked in the asteroid field in Mars Milkyway

1 Like

That sucks dude, if your CV-less KCA will get you back in a CV to move around in if you want. I’m gonna start producing Starter CVs which can be spawned on-demand for this purpose.

1 Like

[quote=“4nytime”]Thank you for your post, Rexxxus. I appreciate that you are active and caring admins in the first place. I agree that many PvP areas contribute to more action going on on the server. However, what I don’t like is, when I am offline for just a single afternoon and I come back and find all of my stuff gone, my CV and thousands of resources in the constructors. Had this happen for the second time now, first due to the 72h wipe and now because I didn’t know that I had to set the OP device to faction. This information wasn’t stated anywhere, so how could I have known? In addition to that I have come across at least one other ship that had its offline protection fail because it was not all covered by the bounding box, so it’s kind of a know issue or bug or whatever you might want to call it. Even if there were one or two PvE spots, I am not interested really in farming 150 crystals in order to get my ship somewhere save because I ended up on the wrong end of the universe. I don’t want to spend farming blue crystals for 2h everytime I move my CV out of PvE in order to keep it save before I log out.

To my mind, if it is possible, final wipes to all structures of a player should happen after a week of time. Of course it would be favourable to wipe single structures instead of wiping whole planets also.
Concerning the offline protection, I can only say that I didn’t violate the server rules in the first place. The unknown player stealing my CV did not keep to the rules. Setting the offline protection to faction causes more problems as you might think. What if a faction has 5-10 members eachone having a CV parked in a different playfield. If only ONE player is online, 9 of 10 CV are without any protection really. As you said, private setting does not give OP -> biggest bullshit I have heared in a while, really :laughing: -> forces players into one-man-factions which is exactly the opposite of what you want to achieve with the server story. Seems we are all gonna end up as lawless or sneaky, slaugthering rule violating pirates :laughing:

Now, how are you gonna solve this? If it doesn’t work here -> next server
The name of my ship was Sentinel Prime, had it parked in the asteroid field in Mars Milkyway[/quote]

We take every player and their wish to play Empyrion serious.
So yes, we will increase the AutoWipe a lot (1 week at least) and will communicate more with the player that the OP is buggy right now although the devs know this.

It can be that due the CPU / Server problems your ship just wasn’t saved properly. Maybe you build it short before a restart or so? It is really bad hardware resource mangement from the game itself right now.
Regarding the grinding of Crystals. It took me a while to figure out the constellation of the universe and the correct distances between the playfields. The thing to keep in mind is that it is build depending on the story. If you are stuck / have no crystals then the Traders are there for you. If you don’t want this then the Economy (EC) is there for you. And if you are stuck then the pirates are there for you… in a negative way :wink: It is not ment to be as easy as before and just checking out every planet just for fun. Now the universe has its own story. To travel from Mars to Heliopolis should be a journey. That you MUST stop by on a planet and discover it to gain crystals. That you MUST trade or think of the best route to reach your goal.
Again there is a map to help you with that: empyrion-homeworld.net/story

Of course this is not everyones taste and the way it will be integrated with our tool will be a lot better soon.
But if you have feedback about this just let me know. We are always open for it :slight_smile:

1 Like