Did a stupid thing replacing a core

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened?
=> I bought a Alien core. I removed my old core on the “Starter CV” then went to install the Alien, get message “Cannot create nearby a resource deposit”

Player(s) with issue? (steam name)
=> Mortician

Server? (+ EU or + NA or RE EU or RE NA)
=> RE NA

**When did it happen? (Use server time: type ingame cb:time)**12 march 22:30
=>

On which Playfield?
=> Haven Moon

Structure Name(s)?
=> Mortician’s Starter

Structure ID(s) (Open ingame console and type di)? 494228
=>

How can we help you now?
=> Could you either restore the “stock” core or install the Alien core that’s in slot 6 of my toolbar? I have to log off game, no way to get oxygen any more! I tried the CB:getshiphere:494228 but CB says it doesn’t know that ID – boy did I mess up!

Hey, @mortician0289.

I moved the ship a bit away and put a regular core on it, so it doesn’t get destroyed from decay.

I’m afraid the same thing just happened again. I deleted the temp core then tried to install the Alien core, still got the Too Near Resource message. I incorrectly assumed the ship was in a safe area. If you could reinstall a regular core again (and please power off ship) I will go into orbit (!!!) before trying again to install the alien core.

I’m dreadfully sorry to be such trouble, I’ve been such a noob!

doesn’t help much now but in the future, there are icons on the HUD in the lower left that light up when ur in a no-build zone.

I moved the structure again now, but I didn’t put a core in it. Please do so yourself before it decays within 12 hours.

Oh wow… Now I really feel dumb. I’ll look for that when I’m in game. There is so, so many details on this game. The HWS server has a great community!

Success! And a lesson learned the hard way. Thanks very much for your help and patience!

No problem :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.