Don't seem to be getting RP after 5.1

@Jascha / @RexXxuS / @Achilles – Can you please clarify 2 points – hopefully this can help update your Docs too:

Q: – What about upon death? If you are full PVP and die, would this negate your possible bonus by being parted with your Epic while you get your spare? (assuming yes)

Q: – can we quantify this for the brainiacs? Is this <10 min, within 1k of the warp band? etc. people are concerned about the choke of EM, but if it’s a pass-through, as you note, planning how long you have to refuel could be important for some.

THANK YOU!!

• Hops

I left some Auto Miners in previous faction doner planet that is PvE.
Will those hinder my RP?

Good question - AM’s have never counted for purposes of Taxation, so i wonder here… Obviously if you went to get them, game over.

Well since this is the Topic, before 5.1 i was at 170+ Rep, IF i recall i was at 172?, I have not died and i now have been at 167 for 2+ days, and have warped many times. I figured it was some bug and would soon be fixed, I also noticed that my scan is Off, and that is great that i can OPT Out of it now, but i thought that maybe im still loosing rep since i am over the 150 mark ?

Hey Rex, I currently do not have any personal items in PvE nor have I even flown through any PvE areas and I have only been getting 7 rep per day. Is this a glitch?

Does not matter in general. Just keep it in. The chance not getting RP because of sudden death is 0 if you leave it in your backpack in general.

Both are checked at a certain time. So flying through even if it takes hours so to say does not matter that much, as long as you dont leave it there.

No they dont count

Please read the Guid. Thats the new rule since 5.1. 7 RP a day.

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies, Jascha! I’ll update up post above to reflect the clarifications.

Also – I think Bearmetal was referring to a perceived loss of the bonus 7 RP for not having any PVE existence.

• Hops

and 1 more day goes by… still at 167 warped… oh… 9 jumps

Just wanted to add my 2 cents as a new player to this server, getting an epic weapon in the first place seems difficult (at least to us). We stayed on the starter planet and logged in several hours after the starter was reset and all the NPC bases were all raided already. We had to borrow an epic weapon from someone who was nice enough to loan us there’s and it will take us a couple days to all get the initial RP. And then if we die and lose the epic weapon we get from our first fa:supply then we have to try to hold on to our remaining RP until we can use fa:supply again in a week.

I would strongly request that the requirement of having 1 RP in order to use fa:supply be reworked. Maybe fa:supply should give you just the epic weapon if you have no RP and then the rewards get greater as you gain RP.

Making this feature more noob friendly would encourage us to be more adventurous.

Indeed this was the hardest part to starting. Once you get a few RP and do t die to lose it, easy enough on starters if your watching you o2 and food, you’ll have enough epics to be fine.

That said, I’m not sure what damage allowing fa:supply with 0 rep would do. I think it would allow everyone to get into the game instantly without the grind. If you lose your epic at least you know you’ll get another in a week no doubt. Rep or not.

Maybe because then you never need RP.
As it stands, the only reason I ever keep RP around is to get the supply package.

You said it though, even now you don’t need RP it’s just for cheaper taxes, getting into the odd planet that you can live your whole life without visiting, and your fa supply, which you likely don’t even need either after a while (it’s nice, don’t get me wrong!!)

RP will likely have a bigger play in the future of the game. But for now, as someone who started here fresh and remembers this grind, getting an FA supply at 0 rep is not much diff than getting one after borrowing one, such as from your program for example, they’d just keep all the profit.

Not sure how they plan on wiping POIs on starters but eventually there’d be no way to get an epic for a newbie aside from borrowing one.

We rely heavily on the FA:supply for a number of reasons, I dont know where you are getting the impression that it is not needed. I think their idea with the Epic to get rep, and rep to get supply has always been that this supply is not just something you will always get because of the origin you picked, but rather a reward for playing the role of that origin. One last thing though, if you make it so that you dont need to warp to get rp to get supply, you could very easily just live forever on trader starter, getting nearly a stack of supplies each week of all the things you cant get there.

And who said that getting RP was supposed to be easy? The reason a loaner program exists is to mitigate the natural grind in getting the weapon, in exchange for some of your first supply. If it is your first day on the server, you really do not need to be spoonfed the epic weapon and supply. That will just break the early game, and make it so that epics and rp are worthless.

2 Likes

Hi it’s me ur newbie. Plz give me access to epic weapons chest. I need rep. tia

ya, no problem nooblett, just hand over the 10 AM cores you dropped out of the sky with as a collateral, and we will get you on your way :-p

I lost them a mean pirate killed me. I am trustworthy. I will meet you in space over neptune and we can trade there.

3 Likes

I’m not sure we are disagreeing entirely. I’m not saying make RP meaningless or easy or even changing how RP is earned. I’m simply saying getting the first epic with fa supply at 0 rep may not be a game breaking thing. The only difference of getting your first epic spoonfed by FA versus by loaner is cost and profit.

Maybe a seperate command from supply to get the epic once a week… the first rendition of an idea certainly can’t be its final. I agree whole heartedly that balance is key, and exploring how it could break the game is essential.

^^^ This. If you can get the epic weapon at 0 RP, you would still be required to warp off the starter planet in order to gain RP before you could get your first fa:supply.

This is why I would suggest making the rewards greater the more RP you have. So you don’t just have a reason to have at least 1 RP, you have a reason to try to get 50, or 100.

Maybe multiple fa:supply commands:
fa:supply0 - Gives you just the epic weapon
fa:supply10 - Gives you a loot supply for having 10 RP (but not an additional epic weapon)
fa:supply25 - Gives you a more valuable supply in addition to the 10
fa:supply50 - Gives you even more in addition to the 10 and 25
etc. etc.

You execute all the commands weekly up to what your current RP value allows.

Thanks guys for your input.

@mcprouty mentioned something important: RP is something only on HWS. RP is only for one saison. It will be wiped with the full wipe. RP is something worth to play (ya, ya, it will for sure more and more!). RP is like a little side campaign.
At least all of this is my intention behind it.
fa:supply with 1 RP was a little but important trick to catch the attention of beginner - success I guess.

Now your only problem is that there is still a respawn freighter bug + no POI resets on starter + Marketplace limited due one way warps.

So my beloved claim is coming once again: with 6.0 we address this issue as good as we can :wink:

Regarding better supplys over time for example, yes… all these additions to our current features will come and have no limits. But it is good to see how the basic works to make it even more complex / harder to balance.

Thanks for playing on HWS.

RexXxuS

3 Likes

You’re telling me I can get extra RP by bribing you with beer?

1 Like