DSL - Initial Feedback

@RexXxuS @Jascha

Did a little test attack on GG today. I didn’t have video recording setup, though we can easily replicate again.

Here is what happened when we flew close to the enemy base.

1. Things rendered in at 1200km, but as we got close the sheer number of things that we rendered in caused our screens to “lock up”.

2. As we moved closer, each chunk we had to load would lock us up.

3. Finally, the ground that had been dug out didn’t start to render until we were around 100m.

4. I did notice a slight improvement in lag. I didn’t see to lock up quite as badly when the turrets were firing. I’ll have to do more testing though.

I tested it right as the patch went live so maybe things are different now, but I was getting 40fps inside of their base when I bombed them this morning, away from it I was getting over 100fps. Their base spawned in at about 1300 for me, and the dug outs would only spawn out directly underneath me at 700-800m. I didn’t get any lockups though, and going into planet from orbit was pretty much instant, it was amazing.

@Ranzeth Someone testing out the new 8.2 features huh? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Not sure if DSL is on yet though. I think it might be off till they fix an issue with it deleting ships. :open_mouth:

Could be on but I found this on the announcements in Discord. I’m used to seeing the announcement on the forum and almost missed this one.

that was in build 1776 when it was disabled but then re-enabled in build 1777.

i try again tomorrow