[EGS Recycle] returning unusable blocks

Recycling 976 - Shutter Window Blocks S returns 545 - Shutter Window Blocks L
Discorvered by @Sayak

made some comments on item id’s, made some comments along the top empty columns. there are items that are missing from this list that are impacted by this bug, for example: cargo boxes.

1 Like

@Jascha

I am still interested in helping with this. is there anything to be done about the items that are missing from the list?

I’m still on it.
Do you know the ID’s of those cargo boxes?
Or if you have them ingame, can you let me know. Then I add them.
The Item list should be close to completion. We add every few weeks more (but devs said there might still be a few Number-Blocks that they forgot)

1 Like

I am currently keeping a box with bugged items I run across in my base. I just refreshed it last night after recycling conquered bases on Galactic Oasis. If you want to see it personally, It’s placed on top of our landing pad on NA server’s ACP GG main base. The only cargo bin in such a stupid place.

Do you know a way to get an itemId for a held item? I suppose I could stick them in my OCD and point you to them that way if necessary too.

OCD would be fine, or you put them into inventory. wait a minute and write a TAG into chat like @Jascha here are the items.Then write a quick note here.
Then I can check your inventory at that time and see all the items.

That works. I can do that and copy the message put out by the discord bot to grab a timestamp too

That’ll be perfect

Ok a few new items:

387 Hull
388 HullWedge
389 HullCorner
390 HullWedgeInverse
435 InteriorBlock01
436 InteriorBlock02
437 InteriorBlock
438 InteriorBlock04
439 InteriorBlock05
440 InteriorBlock06
441 InteriorBlock03
443 RampTop
444 RampBottom
446 RampSteep
447 SolarBlock
448 SolarPanel
516 HullQuarterRound
517 HullHalfRound
518 HullCurveOutSlope
519 HullCurveQuarter
677 InteriorWall
678 InteriorWallCorner
679 HullWall
680 HullWallCorner
693 HullCornerLarge
703 ArmorPlate
1173 AlienPalmTreeStage3
1181 BulbShroomStage3
1369 SnakeweedStage3

I update the tool in a few minutes and also the list

1 Like

Yay!

Wasn’t on NA server last night to loot the items. Good to see more plant crops populated.

I notice that only stage 3 plants are showing up, but I am pretty sure the recycle pulls stage 1 and stage 2 (and stage 4). I have been suggesting that they all just come out as saplings, but that will be hard if we cant be sure of the item ids.

Still not seeing the 4 cargo box specifics (cargo box, cargo box 1, cargo box 2, cargo box 3) should all be coming out as Cargo box.

full inventory of bugged blocks

07:15 (UTC)

Discord:
[11:13 PM PST] BOTHWS Chat:
mmetully (08:13)
@jascha bugged blocks

1 Like

Nice, thanks a lot.

So just to make sure: Here the items, why are they bugged/or which items should it be?

If you can paste in the text data from that, I will do my best to give an exact id to map, or reason it’s included for each one.

Eg, I think the crop stages should all be returning sprouts so that there isn’t 3-5 objects per plant.

Consturctor HV and Constructor SV should both be the HV/SV constructor block

P.S. Not sure why a computer is in there…
And I think technically dead plants are correct too, but it would be preferable that they are not given to the user since that functionality already exists (and users can gather them with the multitool if they really /really/ want to)

1 Like

I have an idea though: I will do this again but for each set of “bugged” items I will prepend them with the correct item and the id’s will be right there and not be confusing as to whether it should be “base/cv light” or "sv/hv light for example.

Eg slot id 1 (0?) will be "spotlight block"
Slot id 2-3 will be bugged spotlights matching inventory slot 1.
Skip slot 4
slot 5 will be a thruster block
slot 6-n will be variants of that thruster.

Some of these may already be fixed too since half of these are from that last post 6 days ago.

1 Like

that would be perfect, thanks. The problem as you said already is that the names in the list are not very helping. So its hard to see what should be the main item and what not… But this way it might make it easier.

@Jascha sorry, I basically stopped playing Empyrion. Burnt out

:frowning: sorry t hear that. Thanks a lot for your help and don’t worry about it.
Take your time to recover. Whish you the best.

So I just stumbled on this issue, getting unusable blocks from recycle.
Not sure how far you went solving this, but I wrote some quick and ugly python code to scan conf file for root parents and references (reference points to a reference root which points to a Template root, so in the end all reference ids should converge to Template root of reference root. eg. Window_crsd1x1 /815 has reference root Window_v1x1 /770 which has template root WindowSmallBlocks 836, so everything should be converted to WindowSmallBlocks 836).
So I upload the code and the result file (text generated by python, contains root tree, reference tree and ids)
First record on each line in root tree or reference tree is the parent , the rest are the children.
fix_blocks.zip (7.6 KB)
PS: I did not generate any conversion table, code and results need to be investigated first by someone which posses more knowledge of Empyrion than me.
I also suspect only blocks which have a Template root parameter or which refer to a block with Template root parameter needs to be converted.

1 Like

expected ContainerBlocks got instead ScifiContainer1

1 Like