Eleon Marketplace or HWS Marketplace?

Added my vote for HWS Market. I do understand why players might prefer the ease and instant gratification of the Eleon global market, but for realism, survival feels, and trader impact I have to support the local market.

Another vote for HWS market. I am really curious to see what “HWS Connect 2.0” will be like, and am hoping to see it soon with the issues the current HWS connect has. It would be absolutely wonderful if we gained access to functionalities currently only accessible via the chat commands in game via the website as well, to manage our credits, auto miners and OCD without even starting Empyrion.

I agree, leave this up a little longer for debate. I personally love the in game market place and I love what you guys do for the game. Keep up the good work !!!

TL;DR: I’m a trader and I’m againsts removing Eleon marketplace in favor of HWS Marketplace. If both are present, it’s even better.

EM is not all that convenient: it operates slowly (I was never able to read the recent orders because of this), it limits the goods quantities in a questionable way (10 blue crystals per order is a needless pain, specifically), it requires daily order renewals, and so on. I also acknowledge that it has some unintended uses.
However, there is little market activity. Frequently some ores/ingots are not sold by anyone, not speaking of more exotic goods such as multi charges. Very generous offers (~50% profit) may be unfilled for hours. And the proposed change would make things worse: not only traders will have to go to the specific system, but also use the crude command-line interface+relogin. I cannot see how this could be percieved as more convenient then (even current clunky) GUI. And the harder the interface is to use the less people will use it. That’s why I’m against separating global market into multiple per-location markets. There is simply not enough players for this to work. In the best case, it will work for newbs (selling T2 drills and power coils at insane prices, buying basic ores/crystals cheap) and for moguls (when the volume of a transaction will justify travelling to another system). Then all players will be forced to craft their supplies (e.g. combat steel/turrets/ammo/food/oxygen) by themselves which is bad both for traders, who will have less opportunities to craft/sell, and potential customers, who would otherwise prefer spending time on other things (combat?) rather then crafting. To make economy and trade more dynamic, one should lower the transaction costs, not increase them.

Next, to some points that were noted above:

• I don’t see 0cr orders as a big problem. Yes, it is an instant item transfer from one player to another, but many games have such capability as a feature.
  • The survival part of the game is not an issue when you have OCD. Put there some 02 bottles, food, and fuel; store a completed ship blueprint - and you’re never in danger of dying (except PvP) or being stuck. So the availability of a marketplace doesn’t contribute much.
  • Storing items in market orders is only a minor disruption compared to OCD. Market orders are paid-for (esp. for high-value items), and one can have only 10 of them.

That’s not true. At least for the EU server. While there are some 0cr orders here and there, I usually don’t see any storage-type orders at all and the vast majority of orders are used as intended (i.e. for trade).

Making trade tedious won’t make it immersive. The global market is much more dynamic than what could possibly be with per-location markets.

1 Like

As a trader I think the EM system isn’t that big of a problem for us in game; it effectively forces us to logon daily to make orders, and also provides a useful system of welfare stuff so noobs and “accident” PvPers can get a lifeline to get out of the system they’re in. Take that mechanic away, and you’ll get more robustness of the tool, but ultimately more people will leave because they can’t get T2 drills instantaneously anymore. Alternatively, you could design the tool to just have more better UI features surrounding the old tool, and call it a day.

P.S. 10 items a day sucks for Traders xP

+1 on 10 Items being a real pain. Sometimes you just want to put 30 sell orders. Expecially when your dealing with blue crystals.