EMP Playfield Generator Help?

Ok, so I have used EMP Playfield Generator to add a custom planet to my private server, but when I save the sector.yaml file it does not have the proper formatting, thus causing my server to hang on startup. Am I missing something?

This:
`- Coordinates: [0, 30, 0]
Color: 0, 0, 0
Playfields:

• [‘0, 0, 0’, Sun, Sun]
  • Coordinates: [-176, 62, 21]
    Color: 0.3, 0.06, 0.04
    Icon: Circle
    Playfields:
    • [‘0, 0, 0’, Aestus Orbit, SpaceAsteroidFieldRingAestus]
    • [‘0, 0, 0’, Aestus, Lava]
  • Coordinates: [243, -61, -297]
    Color: 0.5, 0.5, 0.5
    Icon: Kite
    Playfields:
    • [‘0, 0, 0’, Alien Outpost, SpaceAlienStation]`

comes out like:
`Sectors:

• Coordinates:
      Color: 0, 0, 0
      Icon: No
      Playfields:
      • 0, 0, 0
      • Sun
      • Sun
      • ''
        Allow: []
        Deny: []
  • Coordinates:
      Color: 0.3, 0.06, 0.04
      Icon: Circle
      Playfields:
      • 0, 0, 0
      • Aestus Orbit
      • SpaceAsteroidFieldRingAestus
      • ‘’
      • 0, 0, 0
      • Aestus
      • Lava
      • ''
        Deny: []
  • Coordinates:
      Color: 0.5, 0.5, 0.5
      Icon: Kite
      Playfields:
      • 0, 0, 0
      • Alien Outpost
      • SpaceAlienStation
      • ''
        Deny: []`

please help me understand this.

P.S. I am using v1.06

Hey,
The converting of the code is not a problem at all. There is something wrong elsewhere.
Drag and drop the whole file here so I can look into if you want.

Ok, basically all I added was the last planet in the list Pentaxia, which is just a Pentaxid rich PVP planet. I manually added it to the original Sectors.yaml file by copying over the Coords and other info and the server loaded just fine, but if I try to use the Sectors.yaml created by the program you can see the server load in task manager, but the playfields never do. I have to force close the server from task manager as it is unresponsive.

I tried to upload the file, but it says new users are not allowed to upload, so I have made a pastebin of the file and this is the link to it:
https://pastebin.com/1K8zkp8w

Thanks for taking a look, I am planning on making a custom universe for 6.0 once it goes public and would really like to use this tool for its simplicity. My server is on 5.5 at the moment if that matters.

Can you please post in addition the output log of the latest log you have here:
steamapps\common\Empyrion - Dedicated Server\Logs

The Dedicated_ … log file of the last try to start the server and it didn’t work.

Just thought about something, what happens if the planet color is set to all 0’s? I didn’t change the color until after I started using the original Sectors.yaml and noticed they had colors on all the other planets. Would this affect it in any way? I remade the above Sectors.yaml for this post from the original where I had manually added in the color already so that I could ask about the strange formatting, I have not tried to boot the server with this Sectors.yaml since changing the color to match Ningues color (Pentaxia is an Ice Planet). Just thought about this, could that have been it?

Then it is just black. No problem.

Ok, I think this is it, had to do some backtracing through my logs

https://pastebin.com/QgwqrFMp

Hmm, noticed something, original Sectors.yaml has the first line Sectors commented with # but the one from the program is not. Could this cause issue?

There ya go:

YamlException: (Line: 1, Col: 1, Idx: 0) - (Line: 1, Col: 1, Idx: 0): Expected 'SequenceStart', got 'MappingStart' (at Line: 1, Col: 1, Idx: 0).

Yep, this matters :wink:

The 1.06 version is prepared for the 6.0 alpha version where this property was implemented (revealing sectors).

If you want to get rid of this error at least just remove this first line “Sectors:”.

I looked for the 1.05 version just in case but it looks like you only have the newest version up, Thanks for the help!

If that is too much work, let me know and I send oyu the old version.

1 Like

Haha, commenting one line shouldn’t be that much work, but I appreciate the offer. Was merely stating that before I decided to ask for help I had looked for the older version to see if something had changed (like it being updated for 6.0) but was unable to find it. As we are not “officially” on 6.0 yet I am a bit surprised that the older version was not kept online for admins who have not adopted the experimental branch yet, but perhaps if they run into problems they will see this forum posting and learn, as I have, what they need to do to make the new version work for them as well. Thanks again!

1 Like