Empyrion Education: Splash feat. Lagshot

constructive criticism used to be the best way to encourage change. sadly there isn’t much constructive about most criticism these days. what really doesn’t help is snowflakes can’t handle the fact their turkey hand painting doesn’t look like a 4k nature scene and will put their fingers in their ears to anyone telling different. seems as if the devs need to be coddled like most of the fragile :frowning:

5 Likes

They really need to learn from successful models:

As quoted:

Microsoft supremo Bill Gates once said “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning”. Unhappy customers should be valued within your business. Many unhappy customers will simply take their business elsewhere without giving you a second chance. “I really want us to stay together”.

He didn’t make billions by neglecting constructive criticism of his products.

3 Likes

Empyrion devs only cares about those people within the refund window… if you’re out of it, you’re kicked to the curb. I’ve seen it for 4k hours, from the perspective from a PvE Noob, PvP’er, trader, and miner.

Rex tries to fix the flaws, but inevitably, those flaws came back to bite him… The most well known is the inability to snipe turrets with manual fire pulse. That pushed away countless vets, myself included. I was loving the config this season, bases were OP but I was still able to wipe them solo. CV fighting was useless as it took all skill out, becoming a game of “Who has the most blocks?” instead of “Who can snipe better?”

TLDR: Ask vets/have a public poll about config changes before implementation. Maybe the config would be balanced for all playstyles instead of a niche few.

3 Likes

There fixed it for ya. Long time players have heard this before…right around the time EGS went to Alpha phase. Back in the day SV’s were small, 200-300 blocks and you could fight 5v1 and still take that boat home to repair. When EGS went Alpha SV’s became 2-3k flying bricks. Thats how “who has the most blocks” was born…

100% fact

:raising_hand_man::raising_hand_man::raising_hand_man::raising_hand_man::raising_hand_man:

1 Like

On the other hand Rex made all lowskillerz happy, cause now they can last on battlefield for much longer time. Also quantity is much more important than quality with such config, so it should be also a pleasure for PvE herds.

Why? Donated PM tears are way more effective.

P.S. sorry @Chaotic , I will never forget Poly was your ex :rofl:

not sure why PvE gets so bashed. most PvE builds don’t have turrets for fighting. mainly aesthetics. at least that’s what can be seen in the workshop. I personally have no need to chest thump and could care less how fast i can poon from behind the safety of the internet. some need to feel better about themselves and constantly troll others to not wanting to play anymore. sadly this is what is appears that most PvP currently is. those that don’t want to PvP have no business in PvP sectors. if u want to explore and mine in PvP, u had better be prepared to be stomped.

yes it does seem the devs cater to single player and PvE more than anything. perhaps if we change what PvP currently is (more fun and less salt collecting chest thunps), it may get more attention…

1 Like

Easy. Cause there are 2 types of people.

First type just play PvE, doing mission, raid POIs, build and fly aesthetics ship, etc… well, just enjoying the game in their own way. I can see no problems or issues here.

Second type put their foking dirty nose in PvP business, learning others how PvP world and cfg should be made, got almost zero PvP skillz and often braindead in this area, crying rivers to admins in PM if get killed and has zero value as a single person in PvP. This type of people will be humiliated in Empyrion forever :slight_smile:

Oh… peace and love for everybody! :blush:

3 Likes

LMAFAO :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Well said sir!!!
When are you coming back to NA?

technically there are 3. i traverse PvE and PvP for many reasons. I just dont go looking for someone to blow out of the stars for no reason other than getting a kill count. :wink:

the 2nd type u mentioned shouldnt even count…they are usually the ones who end up leaving anyway :frowning:

sadly carebears will rule the earth

1 Like

I just found less and less reason to run into PvP. Even GG is not that appealing anymore, and so been working on PvE stuff to burn time on. Sad to say I did not spawn in one PvP CV or SV for the current season, as farming for teams took most of my spare time. Then after hearing the exploits being used this season, made me much less inclined to want to PvP. I really don’t understand why they are needed for PvP, and certainly not wanted myself. If I was to rejoin PvP on a regular basis it needs to be more of a reason than for e-peen. I got plenty of materials and gold as-is, so I can spawn plenty of ships for a sustainable effort.

But why?

1 Like

the troll has grown :slight_smile:

exploits, bugs, and much more are plaguing many aspects of the game. PvP has been suffering the most from stability issues for as long as most of us can remember. effort vs fun/reward is hindered severely with each new toy tossed in the box. i wish the development team would spend a bit of time in HWS flying around and experiencing the features they have created. i would imagine much more insight would be gained on many of the symptoms we see.

1 Like

Like i said, they add more crap we don’t need, and PvP suffers. PvP is a small part of Empyrion community, compared to PvE we are basically non existent, too many lets players and all that junk. Drug is right, even though we try to help change for the better and give real suggestions, the PvE side will always win. It’s because they cry to get it, we are just shy of insult to the point they wont listen to us anymore, at least thats the impression I’ve been lead with, and like ive said, A9 GG was a bit annoying, but you could at least hold a good 10v10 battle , there would be lag, some disconnects sure.

Compare to 11.5 when i return and the terrain wont even render past 15ft… Desyncs here and there during a simple 2v2… hell weve even killed the playfield more times than i ever saw previously before that season… they add more and more… in my opinion their push towards No Mans Sky remake is very annoying… even with the HWS universe from Alpha 8 had plenty of stuff to see and do, theres no way you could do it all in one season… now we have hundreds of places…

PvP ??? looks almost like it will be scheduled battles now, who wants to scout that many systems for that long just for a fight, i know i dont care for it…

2 Likes

LOL!! Oh man the hangar door protection against lag shot brought back so many memories lol. I have so many bp designs to attemtp to fix the lagshot issue YEARS back and ya the hangar door was what i ended up using years ago. It was at that point…looking at my crappy looking pvp cv surrounded by hangar doors that i decided Empyrion was NOT a pvp game. I have not Empyrion pvped in years and I feel very sorry for those who are still dealing with it. That was a great video explaining the lag shot issue!!! Well done!!

1 Like

LUL, thx bud :laughing:
For me and for some of my mates all those stupid nasty bugs became “features” of the game. Dangerous features :slight_smile: Devs are stable and every major update they add new, we study them with interest :slight_smile:
Amazing and sad but still there is no alternative to Empyrion I like. I put big hopes on StarBase, but its not released still… but sooooooon :slight_smile:

2 Likes