Empyrion leaving Early Access & Alpha on 5th August

Good Morning HWS Community,

just recently I saw discussions about Empyrion in Beta? 2025?
With surprise: Empyrion leaving Early Access & Alpha in not even 3 weeks: on 5th August!

This means a lot for me actually and I will think about the future of HWS too. How we call our “HWS 13” seasons… how we will balance everything… what game loop we are really want and much more.
As I said… I am not allowed to make a vacation…

Share your thoughts in #general-discussion or in Discord. I’m interested in your thoughts.
Either way, brace yourself.
Your HWS Team

Edit: it also means we have a short season, since I will do a full wipe with a full release of the game

6 Likes

this season was more of a “practice round” anyway :wink:

3 Likes

To be quite honest, this really seems like the usual marketing ploy to bring in revenue more than anything. Is it a complete coincidence it falls on their anniversary? Too many things we have seen gone wrong when a job is rushed. One can only hope they learn from their past mistakes rather than repeatedly causing us all grief.

2 Likes

still a optimist after all these years playing Empyrion? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The pessimist in me is constantly giving me crap over this :wink:

2 Likes

But I did leave my “feedback”

So, my opinion is they just broke a lot of shit and it’s them saying “Job well done!”

Great. Might as well bust out the old NES, at least it doesn’t pause it’s gameplay every 10 seconds. Repeatedly.

3 Likes

I vote for the HWS team leading the charge on game development. Eleon is apparently done caring about this project and trying one last cash grab before collapse.

2 Likes

They have already been doing that. Without Rex and HWS, this game would be mostly single player only. Have you noticed that Eleon always seems to hit up Rex to have us test things out for them when it comes to multiplayer? I understand that being the largest multiplayer server, HWS is probably the best option for stress testing but I would think they could do more internal testing first. I also feel like it was Rex who figured out the crappy bugs Eleon introduced into multiplayer with this release.

5 Likes

Oh yes I have witnessed many times that Eleon has pushed their work onto others. I am saying we should make it official :wink:

I am glad Eleon fixed all the problems with performance, lag, dying planets and ofcourse mastering the database in a month. I am totally convinced they are ready for the next phase in this record time after the last alpha release. That extra few weeks on EXP studying the effects of the new technologiues really payed off for them. What possibly can go wrong now.

4 Likes

@mgaag That post seriously needs to hit the official forums.

1 Like

Eleon screwed it up with this CPU abomination which caused many of us veterans to leave. The performance issues also caused some of my veteran friends to leave. The CPU abomination killed more then 90% of all workshop blueprints. That made alot of enemies. CPU restricted way too much the creative freedoms of builders.

1 Like

3 Likes

@RexXxuS In the past you talked about when we go for full version 1.0, you would be considering whether to reset everybody’s characters, OCD, EB levels, credits, basically a complete wipe of everything and everybody starts off with nothing. Will that still be the case?

2 Likes

I for one would find that a bit premature since 1.0 is not going to add anything to the game and not even fix all the things that are busted.Lets give it one more season at least to see if Eleon is going to seriously try and fix the game.

1 Like

I’m scared…hold me…

2 Likes

It’s the suspense of not knowing.

1 Like

I’ll take stability over suspense any day when is comes to electronic devices :wink:

1 Like

Maybe you should go ahead and take it now.

2 Likes