Error when clicking on the server and game configs

Hi!

Im getting the error after clicked on:

• server config:

EmpAdminHelper Full ([My] Server)

YamlDotNet.Core.YamlException: (Line: 7, Col: 15, Idx: 248) - (Line: 7, Col: 15, Idx: 248): No node deserializer was able to deserialize the node into type System.String, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089

at YamlDotNet.Serialization.ValueDeserializers.NodeValueDeserializer.DeserializeValue(EventReader reader, Type expectedType, SerializerState state, IValueDeserializer nestedObjectDeserializer)

at YamlDotNet.Serialization.ValueDeserializers.AliasValueDeserializer.DeserializeValue(EventReader reader, Type expectedType, SerializerState state, IValueDeserializer nestedObjectDeserializer)

at YamlDotNet.Serialization.ValueDeserializers.NodeValueDeserializer.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.b__0(EventReader r, Type t)

at YamlDotNet.Serialization.NodeDeserializers.ObjectNodeDeserializer.YamlDotNet.Serialization.INodeDeserializer.Deserialize(EventReader reader, Type expectedType, Func`3 nestedObjectDeserializer, Object& value)

at YamlDotNet.Serialization.ValueDeserializers.NodeValueDeserializer.DeserializeValue(EventReader reader, Type expectedType, SerializerState state, IValueDeserializer nestedObjectDeserializer)

at YamlDotNet.Serialization.ValueDeserializers.AliasValueDeserializer.DeserializeValue(EventReader reader, Type expectedType, SerializerState state, IValueDeserializer nestedObjectDeserializer)

at YamlDotNet.Serialization.ValueDeserializers.NodeValueDeserializer.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.b__0(EventReader r, Type t)

at YamlDotNet.Serialization.NodeDeserializers.ObjectNodeDeserializer.YamlDotNet.Serialization.INodeDeserializer.Deserialize(EventReader reader, Type expectedType, Func`3 nestedObjectDeserializer, Object& value)

at YamlDotNet.Serialization.Deserializer.Deserialize(EventReader reader, Type type)

at YamlDotNet.Serialization.Deserializer.Deserialize[T](TextReader input)

at EPG.DedicatedYamlData.Deserialize(String path)

at EmpAdminHelper.DataStore.Reload_DedicatedYaml(String& ErrorMessage)

OK

• game config:

EmpAdminHelper Full ([My] Server)

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at EmpAdminHelper.clsDedicated.GetGameOptionsPath(Boolean ForFTP)

at EmpAdminHelper.FileTransfer.Download_GameOptions(Boolean DoHandleFehler)

at EmpAdminHelper.DataStore.Reload_GameOptions(String& ErrorMessage)

OK

Then i clicked on Start server, the pop up shows up but nothing happens…

Could anyone help me, please?

Thank you!

Hey,

please check your dedicated.yaml Line 7.
Something is wrong about that. EAH and the game use the same yaml parser. If EAH can’t read it the Game also can’t start (unless the Game got an update and EAH does not know it yet)

Thank you for the help!

This is my server name. It isn’t accepting characters " [ " and " ] ".

Any tip on how to fix it, please?

I see a lot of servers starting with [GER] , [RU], [EU] …

Thank you very much :wink:

Just another thing , please. I set it up a custom scenario that i got from steam workshop.
Uploaded to the server and extract inside the folder:

Empyrion_Server\Content\Scenarios

renamed the folder for the exactly same name of the scenario.

Selected the scenario at drop down on EAH Server config.

But it isn’t working. Im sure it isn’t loading the planets and all others.
Have i need to extract anothers files to others folders?

Thank you!!!

Hey,

maybe try ’ around your Server name like ‘[GER] This is my Server’

About the Szenario. Maybe @RexXxuS can tell you more.

1 Like

Hey,
did you apply the change while the server was offline?
Did you start a new savegame with the new scenario or did you change it later?

1 Like

Thank you! Im going try using quotes. the important is its all right!

RexXxuS: I had started the server one first time before set it up the scenario to generate gameoptions.yml

So after i set up my right scenario it was loading the old one.
I just openned Saves\ and Cache\ to delete all file and folders insides. After that the server generates my new scenario right!

I’m loving this tool, its amazing, thank you so much!

2 Likes