EU Server population by faction?

Hi Everyone,

With a couple of friends we are considering migrating to HWS EU.

Can anyone tell me what the populations are currently, proportionally by faction: good guys, bad guys, freelancers?

We like playing with the underdog (in otherwords finding ourselves often in a target rich environment!) so which faction needs new recruits?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Leandrus

1 Like

Hello and welcome @Leandrus,

there are some and maybe they can tell you better @zappe21 @jedimaster @WhizZLe and others.
It depends if you wanna PvP or not.

Overall we have 1084 factions at the moment on HWS EU - for sure something fits your style.

2 Likes

Hi buddy. You sort of have two big PVP ‘alliances’ right now.

You have the GMt+AAA+ACM Alliance which is comprised of players from Western nations. GMT/ACM have over 20 players each and AAA has around 10.

Whereas on the Eastern Alliance you have RED+OPG+LSD+(Possibly UP but not sure).

RED and OPG are the ‘big boys’ in the Eastern Alliance with over 20 members each. And most of these members are from Eastern countries :slight_smile: .

The fighting is really fun and right now GG is the primary hotspot with the Western alliance holding fast against the Eastern Alliance which has been putting up some fantastic attacks this season.

Most fights are friendly, but both alliances are quick to pick up on any potential rulebreaking so we can keep the fighting clean.

Welcome to EU and if you have any questions feel free to DM me.

Best regards
Wise.

3 Likes

Hi again,

Thanks for your answers, it all looks very promising.

I was wondering what impact the initial choice of starting “alliance” has on gameplay further down the road. Is it simply rp story background or does it have any real effect (apart from the quality of starter planet of course?

Morning Leandrus!

Alliance is a good choice, as the other major PVP factions are lawless so you won’t acrue penalties for killing us hehe.

It’s mostly RP point based in what decides origin choice, but there is a role-play perspective of being the ‘good’ guys aslo :slight_smile: There is going to be an active origin based skill-true at some point but that is further down the line.

Best regards
Wise

Hi Wise,

Hehe I see what you did there: you need more Alliance targets so you encourage newcomers to go the ‘easy & safe’ way :rofl:

Btw my original question still stands: what are the proportions by origin (Alliance/Freelancer/Lawless) compared to the headcount of the whole player population? I suppose at least 50-70% are Alliance.

@Wiseman738 the two big PvP alliances you spoke of before: are they both “Alliance” or is there a Alliance vs. Lawless conflict for example?

Hi buddy haha to be honest we get punished for killing alliance players but that’s pretty awesome to have an alliance, a ‘good guy’ faction that can help noobs and such.

For us the vast majority of PVP factions are lawless. We’re lawless and our main enemy are lawless. SO in terms of PVP population about 80% are lawless. But overall sever population i believe it’s probably about 30% Alliance, 30^% Freelancer and 40% Lawless :slight_smile: .

Mostly lawless vs lawless conflict :slight_smile:

Best regards
Wise

@Wiseman738 Thanks for all your answers :grinning:

This is a big help!

See you soon on the server !

1 Like