Experience with traders disappearing and possible workarounds

So, we have a nice station full of traders that love to leave and vanish thanks to some DSL bug. I had different experiences with it and some possible workarounds how to avoid them disappearing into the cold void.

So here is the thing to avoid spoilers, people that already know the location, you guys know this place has 8 traders and also some nice portals that go to another trader. Problem is, that portal is the main culprit here I think. When you come from space and get closer to the station, the station renders first, and once you are much closer, traders finally render in aswell, and nothing happens.

Until you reach and enter that portal, here is where most of the times I experience the bug. If you are the only one around the station and you enter the portal, this is what I think that happens. No one else is in the station, so it unloads, and you load into the second place. If no one was around that second place, like usual, you will render probably both the trader and the station at the same time. If the trader renders first, he is gone, and this pretty much happens to me 80% of the times, that’s why usually that room is empty and sad.

This doesn’t end here, tho, once you come back through the portal, it will happen darn again. You are dropped inside the first station, both at render distance of all 8 traders and the station, making it another race to see what it loads first. Chances are, traders will vanish too, and here you got, empty trading sad stations.

I don’t have an exact understanding how DSL work, but I think my thinking is mostly correct and at least this is how many times I reproduced the error. My workarounds for this are:

• If you visit the first big station and want to enter the portal, don’t be alone. If you are alone and leave the station through the portal, you will probably mess with the traders in your way back.

• If you want to visit the faction trader, there are 2 ways: One, have someone visit the second station first so it loads the station first, then enter the portal. Two, and this one is probably controversial, visit the place directly, and talk with the trader through that alien wall. It’s bad, you shouldn’t do that, but after all, is a workaround to avoid the bug to happen, and you know how to access the place normally.

This one is for RexXxus, but if i’m right, I think you could remove the portals all together, swap them for codes, and change the alien wall in the faction trader for a door that uses that code. Would probably reduce the chances for this bug to happen.