Faction tax / Warnings on structures needs looking at quickly!

You and the server owner will be pleased to know all your doing is causing a rift between newer players. Empyrion is a niche game for a small amount of players there are better games out there with the same type of game play that are not in alpha and slow moving. I for one will not spend a dollar on any service on this server till i see some better respect to newer players who come on your server to play this amazing modpack you have created, just remember the game is still in alpha and as a result the community is what drives games like this painting a bad image with the fact you do not care for newer players in factions or alliances is just degrading and immoral to them. this is my last post on this subject as i feel i have been thrown to the side because your pack has been running for many seasons and your veterans are not bothered what happens to those who come to the server seeking a new experience.

1 Like

Please feel free to deactivate my forum account now. i have left empyrion. It seems that the entire community around player run events responds in toxicity to newer players. i have spent a week feeling like i have been punished, persecuted and thoroughly disrespected in all i have done. The only thing that kept me going was the player faction i was with. But after tonight and allowing people to grief during events i am leaving HWS. I will not endorse your server, it belongs with the rest of the RUST ones in their toxic state. Sorry this may sound harsh but new players get a raw deal and should avoid this server till the owner decides to treat people fairly and enforce the rules set down that everyone seems happy to flaunt when ever they feel like it.

1 Like

By making a feature that has been in place for years more clear? I fail to see the issue. Simply not liking the mechanic? Not liking the response that it should be up to allies to coordinate amongst themselves?

Allies should have to coordinate and communicate. Empyrion added an ally chat for that purpose. Speaking from experience, having larger alliances means you need to keep closer track of your and your allies structures. Mistakes happen, yes, but that is the risk-reward for being in a large alliance.

To try and crucify the server owners for what amounts to a choice you and your faction mates make by participating in empyrion in that way is not right.

2 Likes

I implore you to give this serve another chance, itā€™s an amazing place with tons of content and great people. Itā€™s unfortunate that this happened but it appears that unfortunately it was your alliance that left you out in the open to taxation. These mega alliances are typically formed by the ā€˜big hittingā€™ pvp factions that have billions in assets. I wouldnā€™t recommend joining them if you donā€™t have the capital to take these kinds of hits. Instead stick to the PVP Peripheral and build up some capital before joining them and that way any horrible surprises like this can be avoided.

I used to co-run one of the factions in an enormous mega alliance of about 30-40 active players and we never viewed this as a server-side issue. This is an issue of faction and player management and it was the responsibility of someone in RED (as Paxxo pointed ouyt) to realise theyā€™d already placed a tower but nobody noticed until it was too late. Sounds like that player should be the one getting the bollockingā€¦not a HWS system.

I will concede that sometimes taxation can go a bit weird and crazy, but in this casse I feel it was justified, especially as there have been cases of people exploiting GG/Arma limits in the past and this is there to prevent any foul play. I fear if this wasnā€™t in place and an enemy faction exploited the limits then weā€™d all be on this thread arguing about something different instead.

Best regards and give HWS another chance, and perhaps reconsider your alliance with the heavy hitters.
Wise.

1 Like

Sorry but thereā€™s nothing unacceptable about this. My mega alliance managed to live on GG without getting exploit fines and therefore you folks should be equally capable of doing so.

Thereā€™s a big difference between disliking this system because itā€™s working as intended (which it is)

And disliking this system because your alliance is getting punished by it, (which itā€™s also doing).

This is a perfectly valid and reasonable system and demanding it is changed simply because your alliance is not managing their structures correctly reeks of bad taste in my opinion.

I like you firebeard but this point of yours is below you and I think you know it. This is a valid system, here to stay. Direct your anger at the member of the RED faction who wasnā€™t paying attention or communicating his wishes to set up a base.

Best regards
Wise.

ā€œI Co-run an enormous mega alliance of 30 active players and we never had an issueā€

With all due respect, The faction I run has over 30 active members on its own, as do 2 other of our allies and a 3rd isnā€™t far behind.
Itā€™s not quite the same.
Particularly with it being several seasons ago, the games radically changed since then.

We focus on pve and getting new players up to speed on how to play the game.
This system just wiped something like 100 million credits off the map in 2 days, as a flat rate penitly across the board, including players new to the server, effectively putting them into debt, for reasons beyond their understanding. In a wording that implies its the factions fault.

Some have stopped playing.

Iā€™m pleased that the wording will be changed and that some effort is being made to at least indicate to people who to go pester for the refund when it goes wrong.

Right now alliances are always punished and never rewarded.
Which seems to go totally against the federation mission statement we get at the start of playing on hws.
Federation players should have some damping to this as theyā€™re encouraged to make big factions.

It would be perhaps less painful if there was some ally payouts rather than always being taxed.
Like allowing more players into the ECC missions.
Allowing allies to join in on alien asylum and alien city.
Partal rewards for alliance victories in events so long as the ev:start was entered.

Thereā€™s a lot of positive infrastructure missing to support big groups and a lot of negative infrastructure to punish them.

I hope that changes to make it a better, more enjoyable rewarding experience in the near future.

2 Likes

Hey Firebeard, cheers for the reply.

Damn that sounds insane, but I donā€™t play anymore so it wouldnā€™t surprise me if alliances had completely ballooned similar to an East-West arms race.

We had a couple of taxes like this when people forgot to bring their ships back from ECC. I think at one point everyone in our alliance got taxed 22mil at the time (this was a few seasons ago, before the age of hyperinflation. So it would probably equal out to about 80-100mil). I know your pain my good Sir. But I stand by my point that itā€™s part and parcel of being in such a big alliance to communicate with one another about this. Placing too many bases on a playfield that is known for its strict base limits is really important. Nonetheless itā€™s a shame that new players just up and left, as iā€™ve made clear I think having new PVP players is really important.

But this is perhaps also another issue of having a PVE/PVP faction in an alliance with a mix of vets and new players. Thatā€™s a LOT for a new player to learn very fast.

Yup, thatā€™s what we did. Went after the numpty who left their battlecruiser in ECC. :slight_smile:

This is a really cool idea. Anything that extends roleplay is a massive plus in my opinionā€¦speaking of (Iā€™m shamelessly putting this here, especially as you said you manage a lot of people so they can check it out too), have you seen my Skill tree ideas? :wink: [Iā€™m always looking for feedback!]

Skill Tree thread link

HWS SKILL TREE SUGGESTION THREAD-Wiseman's Baby!

I think thatā€™s more to prevent people getting pwned by big alliances. Naturally places like GG have always been made for INTENSE PVP action by the big factions. But Iā€™m hoping in the long run we can get a couple of PVP ā€˜liteā€™ planets with tiny alliance limits so that smaller PVP factions can eek it out there and fight eachothr without getting super zerged.

But maybe for alliance-based features like an alliance bank or alliance OCD would be quite cool. They could cost astronomical amounts and not even be necessarily very powerful. An alliance OCD for instance could have only a couple of slots but it would be incredibly powerful in terms of moving resources. Especially with the weight system.

Best regards Firebeard! :slight_smile:
Wise.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.