Farming help - space base

Hello community,

I have my first base in space and I am trying to set up a little farm like I have had on planet bases.
I have a grow light 2 spaces away from my growing pots. I have oxygen and my temp is 25 degrees C, Radiation is at 0.

When I try to place my seedlings, it says the plant cannot grow here.

I do have a gravity generator running, but it doesn’t seem to do anything if that matters.

I am in the Lawless sector, PvE area.

Is there something else I am missing or more detailed diagnostics to help me out?

Thanks!

Any chance you can screenshot your setup?

Surprisingly enough I actually know what the issue is from that pic. Did you keep track of what way was up when you placed the core?
Plants cannot grow sideways.

The wall in front of you in that pic is the natural floor. Plots need to be there

2 Likes

…but, there is no up in space. :slight_smile:
No, I did not keep track of up, it is my first space base and I’m afraid I have rooms of all different alignments to throw off intruders. (haha)

I did rotate the plants, but that did not help.
I had a suspicion that might be the problem. I will try it and post my results.

Thanks Mcprouty!

Plants and some other blocks start with a natural alignment. Its a good way to tell what is downwards for the core. Just FYI. So when you switch to the seed and start to place it, itll angle it towards where the plot needs to be

Just a random thing to throw out. Since your in pve space you don’t need a funky base alignment to throw off intruders since no one can raid you :slight_smile:

Good to know about being raided.
Mcprouty - that was my problem. My plants wanted to be right side up to grow. I changed to the grow pots to the side where the little blue grid showed up on my attempt to plant my plants and they are happy now.

Thank you.

1 Like