+carbon 100cr
device are double garage price
npc core 5 mill
covered Thrusters call it a ion upgrade 5 mill

you cant sell them at the garage

this is just a idea
tell me what you think

2 Likes

This brings way too many problems up, Theapate I appreciate you being in the community, being very active, and (trying - this may still get added) to add new features into the game. However, think about it this way. CV block, NPC core, CV block, NPC core… NPC cores are running about 10mil in the HWS market right now. Imagine if I could just keep buying and recycling NPC cores, 5mil profit every core. Then you get into weapons, there are plenty of people who can afford to build class 1 SV’s built out of concrete with 100 pulse lasers and 200 homing rockets and well, you just got one shot, possible even with shields. Imagine the lag! You would lagshot through layers upon layers of shutters like they didn’t exist! This is definitely possible with some revisions (particularly forcing people to just add their own alien core and limiting guns) Also, they didn’t make garage ships so that people would go make their own “mod shop” (I do like the name though). If that was the case, Eleon would just remove all restrictions! Same with the thrusters, if Rex was OK with having garage or mod shop ships with thrusters, he would have (probably) just added a 5 million cost increase to the actual garage ships.

NOTE: I AM NOT REX, IF I SAID “REX WOULD JUST DO THIS” OR SOMETHING SIMILAR, OR IF I IMPLIED IT, IT WAS MY OPINION, NOT REXXUS!!

WillEatsPie

1 Like

i like the idea of custom mods for existing BPs. ie: change this sv out with T2 rcs and CV thrust. or swapping HV & CV turrets. can make a price scale of what blocks can be swapped with limits and such. say 1x3 SV thruster jets can be swapped for CV 1x2 mediums for x credits each. options for adding an ATM and med devices for x credits. i would be willing to spend time to help out with modding.

2 Likes

the reason i make bullet points is so my ideas translate to non English speaking line by line
there are going to be limits just like the garage ships
the prices are just a base line to be decided by rex or who ever
( example ) the titan would cost around 70-80 mill give or take
they will have to be approved for being with in limits
this is not for the new player to the server
this is the difference between a ford and a Ferrari
this is for building super specialty ships
that can play in the rough places and make it out alive
not just pvp war ships

1 Like

What if the special items (hv mining laser for a sv, over limit sv pulse laser etc
) where commodity type item available to buy and some how able to attach (with limits) to your own ships !

3 Likes

Just so you know. Only 21 of the weapons can shoot due to game limitations, and if it has that many guns, it’s no longer anywhere near class 1. Weapons take lots of size class :wink:

21 pulse lazers or rocket launchers is still overpowered, and there are plenty of people who could do that without batting an eye at the cost. Then you get into class size, my enemies are mainly FV and ABN. All they fly are micros (with the exception of FV, they only have like 4 active players but they fly a design from another faction.) 12 CV thrusters, three CV rcs, 21 lazers, two CV generators. They may not be able to make it a micro, but if it’s as manueverable as the slazer they hold so dear to heart, it won’t really matter.

so proposed no over limit weapons. allow swapping between different structure types but adhere to existing block limits. also have speed/torque limitations in place.

Still not a good idea.
All garage ships for PvP have mistakes, and only very few can be brought directly into PvP. This way you actually need experience to use garage ships. If anyone can grab PvP ship, and put weapons on it. That isn’t good.

2 Likes

still not seeing the problem. the garage ships at present are pretty tissue paper designed to be drooled over and saved up for. then destroyed/captured after grazing a POI. not going to mention the work involved making them pvp ready. i am proposing a mod shop for utility over aesthetics. yes have a pricing sheet with limitations as well. i feel the garage will become more of a window shop for pretty unusable ships collecting dust :frowning:

I guess this “Mod Shop” is to easy to exploit. Who is going to control what kind of Ships are build?
tenor(2)
If you arent satisfied with the PVP Garage Ships, why dont you design one and give it to HWS?

1 Like

you missed the point of functionality over aesthetics. but every new feature has the possibility of exploit. we shouldn’t immediately dismiss an idea due to the potential of others abusing it. systems can be evolved. it is very hard to get an actual PVP ship approved for garage sale to suit the demands of all players. i understand the garage process is the way it is for reasons. it takes a lot of time to review each ship and give feedback. it does take a lot of time to design and build a ship that would be appealing to all players. the mod shop would be an individual specialty design that would only need to meet the aesthetic needs of the purchaser rather than the seller. i have had a lot of refit requests for existing garage ships that are limited due to existing block placements that cannot be moved. i do have time and would be willing to spend that time to review requests and make the mods themselves, leaving the approval/pricing to the admins of course.