Formatting numbers in english

Lets get one thing clear here about money!
K means thousand.
M means million
B means Billion
a Coma, indicates the 10000 place marker.
a Decimal, or period, indicates essentially negative balance, for example .01 means -10th power.
So when you are of a number such as 1million or 1m or 1mil, you should never right it as.
1 decimal 000 decimal 000 Properly it should be 1 coma 000 coma 000
correct - 1,000,000 incorrect 1.000.000
this message is specifically referencing Tesla, and Rexxus, in which to whom, English is not your native language, as it is mine.
I have noticed both of you have been writing all of your numbers, in this strange decimal style.
In which I have not seen any kind of new reference as to why this is happening, so I am just a little confused, perhaps both of you could clarify.
Furthermore, numbers require not a native language because on this planet of Earth, Math, and numbers are our, said universal language. So I guess perhaps I am missing some mathematic rule, that would replace, a decimal with a coma.

Now speaking of financial abbrieviations, you have implimented a new KK abbreviation, which I am not aware of. It was used twice in this post, So I am assuming, it is not a mistake, or grammatical error.

To rexxus a constant grammatical error I have noticed in your posts:

Often times when you are referencing a date number. I have seen you writing something of the following nature: Today on September 1th

This is apparently an area in English which you don’t have experience.
With dates here are the proper forms.
1st 2nd 3rd 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd, and so on. You can see that.

Similar to winning a race or competition. You might say First place, second place, the pronunciations are the same. Twenty first, Twenty second, Twenty third, Eleventh, etc.

I am usually busy playing the game so I don’t have time to be a “grammar nazi” however these 2 issues have been bothering me for quite sometime now, and perhaps this forum is good as a place as any to get these two issues clarified.

So If I am wrong on any of these issues please set me straight. If you guys are wrong please admit you made a mistake, and lets move on. @RexXxuS @NikolaTesla

1 Like

It’s because the world is not flat as a pizza but a sphere actually and in Germany there is a dot (.) instead of a comma (,) for separating large numbers. Now you know.

If you can speak Japanese I am sure german would be easy peasy for you:

Bei Geldbeträgen können sowohl Leerzeichen als auch Punkte als Tausendertrennzeichen genutzt werden;

7.654.321,12 €

I try my best to make the proud #1 world language native user happy but sometimes they must accept that there are other countries and culture beside their glory one.

Wrong place to discuss this though.

4 Likes

Sie, Vielen Dank für die Erziehung mich auf der DIN-Normen DIN 1333 (Zahlenangaben) und DIN 5008 (Schreib- und Gestaltungsregeln für die Textverarbeitung).
Auch, ja Sie sind richtig, das ist nicht der richtige Ort, für diese Antwort Post, sorry, um dies hier zu posten. Sie können meine Antworten löschen, wenn Sie es wünschen. Keine Qualen.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Treasure Hunt on HWS

In hungary we put a smaller space as separator: 1 000 000

This is all good and well but where is the bacon?

Doc, thanks
you talking about formal language, i think it depends from industry also,
but when Im selling 5 million barrels of oil, for example for 225 million dollars,
we are using usually 5kkbbl/225kk$ abbreviation

1 Like

LOL. 1.000.000 or 1,000,000 or 1000000. it is no matter if you can count the numbers of zeroes after the first letter, K = kilo (1000 gramms) so 1k = 1000. 1kk (kilo kilos) = 1000000 = 1 million. 1kkk = 1 000 000 000 billion. But you language (English) is so limit - better learn Russian. I can give you some lessons on the GG planet ) lol, У вас товарищи даже слова пизда нету. О чем мы можем с вами говорить - лимоны-миллионы, миллиарды, триллионы квадриллионы если у вас руль бля с правой стороны и вы как ежики в тумане и мозги затуманены. Точечки и запитайки ему блять не понравились, я хуею. Пиздуй золото копать или построй корабль интересный чтобы было хоть с кем повоевать. Форумные полиглоты. Как вы меня заебали. Better do not use translator - you still dont understand it.

1 Like

ahh, ok thank you for schooling me on, this i didnt not know this system of numbers abbreviation, was initially confusing for me, but now i think i get it

ah, ok thank you for this valuable information, i was not aware!