Fuel Bug

Just wanna throw this out there, I had three bases on GG last time I was playing…two were identical towers, and the third a short tower. Each tower fully fueled lasted around 48 hours or so, and I topped the tank off each day as I logged off. Each day the “east” tower was completely drained of fuel, but the west tower had like 30 hours left in it…so as someone said the solution was npc cores. on all three. If you need a few @DS3_NotOp let me know sir…and welcome back sir!!

Small edit: I cant remember having this issue prior to shields being added, and I think @Marko may be on to something…

1 Like

Hey guys thanks for the input!!

We preformed three tests today -

Test 1- Fueling base completely and standing in base for two hours. This had no impact on the fuel. When I checked the fuel two hours later, it was where it needed to be.

Test 2- Fueling base complete and logging out while still in base (not using teleporter). Test also lasted two hours. When returning back, fuel was where it should be. No issue. I requested all my faction mates not to enter the playfield.

Test 3- Fueling base completely and using teleporter and then logging off and not enter playfield. After 3ish hours, a faction mate checked the status of the base, and it was completely drained.

It seems like the issue is super complex and will require a ton of testing hopefully from players and devs.

Note- I have video evidence of all three tests if this will be helpful.

One other thing I just thought of. The two towers I mentioned in my last comment were defensive only, with no teleporter. The third base…the shorter tower was the base with a teleporter and I never had any major issues in that one. I was thinking this may be an issue with the game calculating power usage with the teleporter “on”, but as I said the only base with a tele never had power draining…

Welcome in my world. That’s what I’m doing quite often with other issues as well. (bugged RepairStation in MP is another big one) Just in case someone wonders why HWS+ takes so long…

Anyways, thanks a lot all for testing and sharing observations.
So Shield +/ Teleporter is our main target for now.

So additionally to my base, can one of you guys have 1 base completely without a Teleporter but a Shield Generator and vice versa please? Then we might have the culprit.

Yeah I’ll do that test today and get back with you!

Test 1 - Base that had shield but no TP
Test 2 - Base that had TP but no shield
Test 3 - Base that had neither TP or Shield

All three tests were preformed on HW and lasted 4 hours. I left the playfield using the base that had the TP.

Results:

Test 1 - Fuel drained as it should.
Test 2 - Fuel drained as it should.
Test 3 - Fuel drained as it should.

Inconsistent. ugh. I fueled the bases back up and will test them again.

Second test - also 4 hours long - had same results. Meaning that all bases were fueled and drained as they should be. Very frustrating and difficult to understand.

Props and respect to you all for trying to figure it out!!! Did those 3 test bases have solar and capacitors or not? That could be the next part to change. I wouldn’t be surprised if the fuel bug is linked to (or because of) a solar bug.

This makes a lot of sense with how the database works, actually. It could be that the playfield “pauses” with the last entry being “shields charging” and it consumes fuel at the rate that shields charge at, until the playfield is unpaused and activated again.

1 Like

Ugh. So now the bases are functioning as normal. Variables such as what devices don’t seem to matter… This is such a complex issue I can see why it has not been addressed yet. One day, all of our bases die within 2 hrs at a 100% rate. The next day, they function as normal.

:hot_face::hot_face::hot_face::hot_face:

Except the bases I mentioned with no Tele and shields fully charged…

Right.
Same for me. No luck yet (and somebody didn’t like my GG base and killed my test setup…)
Hopefully we can get to the root of it still.

Just spawn some admin cored turret towers around your test and name them “Rex’s Area 51 - Keep Out” :rofl:

Whats that bounty on your head up to…? :rofl:

Vanished somehow…

Well, I let this ticket close for now.
But if someone has a repro case for it, please contact me.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.