Garage ship help

I bought a garage ship from someone in ABN. A couple thrusters were destroyed. It seems the thrusters used are CV thrusters because when replaced with SV thrusters, they are too weak. Is it possible to get it repaired with the original intended parts?

Player(s) with issue: |EoG|Druid
Server: NA
Time (cb:time): Write here
Playfield: Write here
Structure Name(s): Write here
Structure ID(s): 11405248
How can we help you now: Write here

Also, it’s the Raider. SV.

Sadly, with some garage ships losing a thruster mean’s it’s useless as SV thrusters don’t do anything in them.
Pretty much same as selling Garage SV miner with all drills destroyed ^^
Probably the reason why ABN guy sold it, not usable anymore.

What I don’t know if it’s allowed to sell such broken garage ships to new members of the community.
To me it sounds like exploiting their low knowledge of the game or server.

Basically same as going to starter & giving new players some crappy SV in exchange for their 21 alien containers. I’m sure a lot of new players would prefer a method to get out of starter over some containers that just disappear, right?

Doesn’t make it fair, but does it make it illegal? That’s clearly a fair play issue, but @RexXxuS can probably chime in with more answers.

We’ll see. Rex has been extremely patient and generous with my noobishness. He may or may not help. I tried to read as much as I could into the rules and stuff but there’s a lot.

Sadly it is something pvpers on this server would do. Highly recommend that you ONLY buy garage ships from the garage. Rex may tell you the same thing. It is sad that you could not have known and I am sure they had a great sales pitch. Keep in mind though Rexxus does his very best but why your credits are being ripped off others are building bases around the Supergates in PVP rendering them usless to the community because you are destroyed before you load in. So he has a full plate daily.

You know what they say though live and learn.

Only advise I could add to what others have posted is to do what you can to make the best of a poor situation.

The reason you need CV thrusters is due to the huge mass/weight of the alien CV blocks the ship is made of, you can if you wish remove these by hand and replace with normal SV blocks.

This is a very long and tough task, as you have to be careful not to remove other very valuable CV only devices (the advance constructor, med bay, and among others indeed the alien core!) The best way to do this removal is to use a T1 multi tool, which is slower and less likely to remove items by accident which are next to the blocks you are changing.

Once you have lowered the weight/mass, then SV engine will work. (though for balance you should make sure any odd CV thrusters remaining should provide equal thrust - or else remove surplus engine to give balance.

Is this worth the effort?

Well, if the HV drills are still intact, then possibly yes. You can build yourself a good SV miner - but it will not stand upto getting caught in a fight anymore!

(PS the Alien Core within is worth anyway between 2m & 5million credits. But can only be removed and reused by a player with EGS Recycle level 5. The multi tool (if used on the alien core) will rip it apart into its components and it will be gone forever!)

Hope that helps a little

Hello @EoG-Druid

we have to draw a hard cut here:

@RexXxuS

Could you either way line something about exploiting newbies like this? I don’t think its fair for experienced player to exploit Druids low knowledge of the server like this.

That is all I got from him:

And like in real world (ebay), buying something already used is always in the risk of the buyer.
I am not ebay with buy protection laws. It was their deal, outside of the HWS boundaries.
So that is not an admin job.

I understand. Before I bought it I just figured I’d replace the thrusters and be good to go. I had no idea they were tiny CV thrusters. I couldn’t tell until after I bought the ship. Looking back it makes sense because they are cv blocks.

Anyway, I can still go all directions but strafe right. Thank you for your time @RexXxuS.

2 Likes

Well honestly it’s not that bad considering I paid less than half price for it and that’s all that is missing.

Well that is a great way to look at it. Can you replace the missing thrusters with those that would belong on that side? would be a bit weaker but better than drifting.

There is a reason i do not shop Ebay…Though I do shop G2A.com but well there I spend $5 at a time. Ebay is not my thing as i do not trust. Good thing though is you learned something that is what matters right? That and it is only ingame credits not real cash.

So for the record, I was the one that sold him the ship. I told him everything that was wrong with the ship prior to selling it ot him and sold it to him for 5 million. 5 mill is less than half the cost, and is in fact the current marketplace value for alien cores. So he basically received an Alien Core and got a free ship out of it. Not just any ship either, a fully functional Raider that can make that money back in literally 1 hour of farming.
There was no exploiting newer players. As a matter of fact I was trying to help a new play.

He was also given the opportunity to inspect the ship entirely before purchasing, and the thruster on the left side was clearly missing at the time of the purchase, I put no effort into hiding anything about the ship. So perhaps instead of accusing people of violating a “fair play” issue when selling a discounted ship to another player, perhaps you should get all of the details first. I was being generous, 1 missing thruster is not worth a 7 million credit discount for a raider in my opinion. He 100% got his money’s worth from this transaction.

1 Like

I never said anything negative about you. You were honest about the thruster. But you also didn’t know about it being a CV thruster either. It’s really no big deal. Just seeing if it was possible to repair it. Then it just blew up after that.