Garage ships gun limit

It was announced 5 days ago. It was directly related to community feedback, and also due to the benchmark tests that Eleon did that proved that the over limit weapons were severely hurting performance.

" * I will revert my “test” of custom weapon limits . With the last season I implemented overlimit weapons than vanilla (6 instead of 4 Rocket Launcher for example) . With your feedback and feedback from benchmarks with Eleon, this wasn’t my best decision.

• However, I will make this for an exchange of damage. A big damage boost should make the revert more fun."

And this was 4 days ago…

1 Like

Sorry for confusion. Garage ships are always a very dynamic thing. At least at the moment until they “found their place”. A lot of changes happened the last 3 seasons.
Ju decided to make it right and make all ships fit to the actual conditions.

There is no confusion as there is no transparency and worst of all there is allow no input from the community BEFORE these things are implemented, its not just this matter either but heaps of others like the whole ‘economy’ situation.

I was not aware Ju had any right to make these decisions. Actually it would have been nicer for the community to decide which ships had the gun limits reduced so some would be ‘extra special’ and cost even more. Even the choice to have all pvp ships reduced and leave the rest as is until the end of season. It doesn’t matter, no one was given a choice or a chance to fix their ships.

On the subject on gun limits i dont see the need to chance EVERY gun back to vanilla limits, from what i understand the over limit was only an ‘issue’ when you increased hv, cv and sv turret limits. The base artillery turrets and cv manuals were perfect and seem to cause no issues. Personally even if only the base artillery came back i would be happier due to the pain in building bases with just 2 art turrets. This is feedback you would have recieved had you bothered asking.

Then the economy, there should have been more info on the bank changes like there was when eb level 10 came out. I hear this is just to fix the ‘inflation’ but the only inflation i see is caused by decisions like overpriced commodities and carbon blocks all which have settled down now.
The obsession with people earning interest without doing anything can be fixed a variety of ways, ruining the interest for people WHO DO THE RIGHT THING is ridiculous. If you want to stop the abuse of interest make a hourly timer that people have to reach every week to be counted as ‘active’ to recieve interest, Stopping the use of alt accounts would be the next biggest solution, and im sure the community can pitch in with other ideas given a chance.

Too many things are shoved into our faces and we are expected to lay down and deal with it, people are getting sick of it, its a shame i am the first one to have to get vocal about it but hopefully this can provoke some discussion within the community like it should have been done in the first place.

1 Like

Somewhat piling on what Barry has stated, I feel like there should have been a community vote before there were any changes made, as this is a server funded by it’s playerbase, and without that support the server won’t have the incoming amount of money to keep it running. Personally, all these changes that have been thrown on me, with no community outreach or even a slight hint, have pissed me off to the point where I don’t want to play HWS anymore. NPC Traders being outrageously priced, interest being nerfed into submission and not being announced prior to the end of season, along with the overall toxicity in NA Global chat. I used to love HWS and Empyrion, but it’s dying for me. The lack of community integration and making sure the changes were okay before implementation were the metaphorical “straw that broke the camel’s back” in the sense that it broke the game for me, and a good bit of other players.

TLDR, read the damn post. I’m not summarizing.

Wrong mate!
Discussions being made. Feedback was given.
Overlimit weapons on HWS were a titled “Test” in the first place.
The test failed in terms of consistency of blueprints, performance and gameplay.

Ju is the Garage Master, everyone knows this by now.

For now this is the baseline to perform better benchmarks with Eleon.
The recent benchmarks didn’t turn out well, cause Eleon complained to me that I am responsible for bad performance.

Wrong topic. Go here:

I read it :slight_smile:
I read everything and I understand it!

I hope everyone, especially you veterans, realize that if we do changes, they are in the best interest of the community. Period.

The way those changes being made, could be improved all the time, I agree.

The TL;DR I have to everything:
Changes can be changed. David said the current changes are under heavy observation.
We will listen to every feedback and would appreciate to hear constructive suggestions as alternative. Leaving HWS makes your point clear but kills every chance to revert back to something you loved or even improve in the future.

The biggest issue about this is the fact that we already had in inflation. It ruins gameplay for a lot of vets since we now have everything.
You can’t give a kid tons of candy, then force them to become vegans.
Not saying these changes shouldn’t be made. They definitely should. But by now the best option is for some to leave HWS and try and return one day.

Where? I may have missed it but i have seen no announcement on possible changing weapon limits, only an announcement that it was being done.

I sure as hell had no idea nor does that give her the right to alter everyone’s ships before asking, i recall ‘intellectual property’ being used somewhere or is it ignore until something is stolen from the server?

I don’t personally care, if eleons bench marks actually were worth giving a dam then this entire server would be vanilla.

It seems that my concerns and suggestion are being ignored even in this post instead i just see you rushing to defend yourself. I dont care what defense you have to offer i want to see more community input into everything, even if we are then ignored. I’m not the only one that feels this way and im almost done with having things shoved in my face while being ignored, eleon already does that why do i have to put up with it twice in the same game?

With regards to gun limits, as it always should be it’s about helping the game run smoother. HWS has tried many options over the past few years to get a balance between performance and gameplay, rex has always listened to the players but with Eleon’s benchmark testing its identified as an issue effecting performance. With the optimization and further testing it may well be enough to allow HWS the opportunity to increase weapons again in the near future

And none of it caused by players, all of it was changes that were given to us then ripped away, imagine how different it would have looked if the community had some say in the commodities in the beginning, i bet there would have been less or no inflation.

Over the course of the season :slight_smile:
I read tons of messages, ingame chats, even other server chats.
I am very interested in players opinion of my work.
Why? Because I do HWS / Empyrion for living mate.
I value your feedback more than anything else.
Hence I feel hurt if someone is saying he is leaving.

Ah, that is what you mean. A change of your blueprint. I thought the general decisions about limits. Ju and I talk together and there were two options as I linked above:
keep the old limits and risk a shitstorm about “legacy Garage ships are overpowered meta. rage quit” or adjust all ships to current limits so it’s consistent, easy to understand and fair for new submissions. You know?
That we may lay hand down on others garage ships is sometimes a necessarily action. Many requested Garage ships and Ju spend over 16 hours yesterday up until the night to implement all ships.
Overall submitted blueprints exclusively to HWS can be changed by us. But as in the past: if some do not like it, they can let us know and we will remove those blueprints or wait until the owner updates them.
In this case we just hurried and tried our best to make players happy to get Garage ships as fast as possible.

The reason I care is simple mate:
Eleon has only 1-3 developers. Those few developers are testing only their code. Their code only works with vanilla config.
If there is now coming a crazy HWS config into play, there are parameters the devs just didn’t include in their calculations at all, you know?
Like my boost to BaseBombDrones from 10 000 to 50 000 health.
It turned out the dev had set a max. limit of 10k. Result: my 50k drone exploded after -10k health loss but flew around as zombie and couldn’t die anymore.

Such things sums up. Makes the game in worst case instable.
And as I said above: I’m very sensitive if I make mistakes. I hate to fail and I want to eliminate this on instant.

Sorry if this comes along your way. As I wrote to Chaotic:

I do care about your feedback and I just want to explain myself - not defend.
The only thing I wanted to make clear: please make suggestion on how to resolve all your things you are concerned about.

Bring Back the plus 2 base artillery, ban alt accounts, give players an open and clear chance to give feedback on bank changes before changing them is a start and im sure people will add more if they get the chance.

1 Like

And yes you made good suggestions on the Economy topic @Snowman

Just in the wrong topic. This should not be sound picky but if you put it in the Economy topic @h1myname1sdav1d has it all grouped up nicely to reflect :slight_smile:

We of course hear it anyways and just have little patience until we reviewed it.
As I said: it was a test, David made a lot of Economy Polls and discussions with you.
Do not feel “unheared” or anything.
We do apologize if this was just not implemented timely or properly.

Alright! Nice.
The interesting thing is now the overall outcome.
Before the Base Artillery bade 25 000 pure damage and 12500 blast damage.
You could place 4 so it was 100k damage in total. 50k damage total for blast.

Now they make 42500 damage pure and 14166 damage blast.
You can place 2 = vanilla so we have 85000 damage and 28332 damage.

To compensate this less firepower for Bases, I boosted the Shield for Bases a lot.
Overall: I hope for feedback from you guys, how this new gameplay turns out. The goal to have better performance, hence smooth PvP is at least the goal :pray:

I wish I could! I mean how to find them?
We have an option to disable Family Share accounts. Is this an option? Is this accepted by the Community?
I asked this ~2 years ago and most said no. I doubt many really play with their children / partner but still… ?

Yes, this is what we can improve to!

Can’t you just have something that checks for the seperate accounts under the same IP, then flags them for further review? I do agree though, alternate accounts are far too exploitable to have in HWS.

We do not save IPs in that area mate. There is no way to do it easily and even if, in Europe not allowed due privacy…

Ah, didn’t think about the various international privacy laws.

But I would be 100% okay with disabling Family Share accounts :wink:

Easy. Should I do a up to date poll about that topic and see what the Community thinks?

5 Likes

One final question back on topic for the garage this season: Will all the other ships be downgraded to vanilla+overlimit? Like the CV miners? Because if the SV/HV’s are getting that treatment, I feel as though the CV’s should too.