Generator output really low

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened?
=> Spawned a new ship. Max output is showing as 285kw (3 advanced generators) but it is only outputting 4.79kw. This means I cant turn much on as I get a generator overload message.

Player(s) with issue? (steam name)
=> nickshaw1

Server? (+ EU or + NA or RE EU or RE NA)
=> RE EU

When did it happen? (Use server time: type ingame cb:time)
=> 18:36

On which Playfield?
=> Pyxch

Structure Name(s)?
=> Skaar ravager

Structure ID(s) (Open ingame console and type di)?
=> 5467805

How can we help you now?
=> Advise me on why it is doing this. Note spawned it in creative and works fine.

Hi.
The ship will use more power when thrusters are active and such, so when moving, you’ll get overloaded. The more directions you move in at once (for example while turning), the more power you use.

1 Like

also check CPU statistics. being below 100% efficiency will hinder many things, especially power generation.

1 Like

Hi - understand things like movement will use power but it is that i have 3 advance generators and overall output is only 4.79kw.

CPU usage looks ok as 4 advance CPU extenders so 11m and using 4.4m.

Just cant see why power output is so low?

Further screen shot below

V

you are currently at 1% CPU efficiency. there are way too many devices than your ship can handle.

Hi Bob - it says with 4 advance CPU’s (which the ship has installed) I should have a CPU limit of 11m. I am using 4.2m.

Does that not mean I still have 6.8m capacity unused?

I must admit I don’t understand the 1% bit?

Hi - I have added more CPU’s and got to the limit allowed and this has increased output to 21% which has made the ship useable.

I see on the market place some very expensive CPU’s and would I be right in thinking that if I obtain one of these then I could increase the output even more? (assuming useable in a CV)

Would there be a CPU you would recommend I aim for?

Regards

honestly I recommend you build a smaller ship. CPU is vastly different in this mod. you should really start your reading adventure here:

Hi - thanks for the advice Bob. I have been playing RE in single player for a while, and recently with the same ship and all worked fine. Suspect it may have been down to the settings you can adjust in single player. Regards Nick

my best guess, you’ve been playing with CPU disabled. the hws servers run the same scenario at all default settings with CPU and mass enabled. check the workshop though, there’s plenty of ships that adhere to these configurations

Many thanks and have a great day :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.