🏆 Giant Great HWS Garage Ship Contest 🚀

Nice idea, but at the same time, the pictures are really good thou.

I have no party and I vote. I am sure there are a lot of players that are either part timers, newbs, or not part of the PVP crowd that won’t be swayed.

1 Like

Well, here it is. :wink:

https://forum.empyrion-homeworld.net/t/hws-garage-ships/4642/105?u=whizzle

1 Like

And Cake

Sorry my english is bad and i use google translator.

In the first post I did not find information about:

1. How is the distribution of seats, according to what criteria is the ship evaluated, and how important are the likes?
  2. When do the results of this event come out?
  3. When will the next event of this type? Is this event held every season or several times a season?
  4. Is there a reward to the creator for every ship sale? or is it planned?
  1. The jury awards points to the following aspects:
  • User friendliness, practical handling
  • Does the ship fulfill its purpose? Does it use the possibilities of the respective category well?
  • Is the price-performance ratio balanced?
  • Attractive design inside
  • Attractive exterior design
  • Extra points for innovative usability
  • Extra points for innovative design

The ships with the most hearts will catch our special attention. We will give extra Points to ships, that have many hearts.

1. The Results will be announced in a week. 7th of August.

2. We don’t know, if we will do this contest again.
    But it will be possible to submit ships during the season. If we install the ship in the garage, the creator will get his ship once.

3. It is not planned to give the creator a reward for every sale.

8 Likes

Hi Ju,

Just to make sure I’m understanding what you are saying here. The hearts/votes are not the only and final say in who wins, they are simply one factor among many that will determine the winner based on the judgement of the jury according to the additional factors you mentioned. Now by jury am I correct in assuming that means you, Rexxxus, and whoever else you decide to include?

Hi daedalus,

that’s correct, the hearts are a way to include the community for the final decision.
The jury must be impartial and consist of @Jascha, @RexXxuS and me @Ju.

ok, that is what I had thought as I think I remember something about the jury being mentioned. In that case I think this should fix the issue with faction based voting. Unfortunately I don’t think there is any way to stop that form happening as for any voting system all it would take is for a faction member to tell their faction what they are submitting to get the votes so even anonymous votes wouldn’t work. As for voting with credits by using sales, I think that would give an unfair advantage to those who could afford the ships, as it is now you could be a brand new player and still be able to vote. While I agree that the faction based voting that seems to be happening is unfortunate I do think this is the best way to go about fixing it. I trust you 3 to be impartial and feel that the results will be fair.

2 Likes

As a one-man-faction i have to advertise my ship, but i guess the faction-voting is a thing. Otherwise thats a point that i know the people really like my ship and dont vote because we are in the same faction.

https://forum.empyrion-homeworld.net/t/hws-garage-ships/4642/105?u=whizzle

2 Likes

hey that is an awesome ship and has earned my vote. I think your ship fills a much needed role which is inexpensive but good ships, builders (myself included) often go for adding all the bells and whistles and thus greatly increase the price, however it is good to have a selection of ships available at lower price ranges so new players can get a taste of garage ships and thus help stimulate the economy by giving them a reason to strive for more credits to get the bigger ones.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info, Ju. I’m glad for the impartiality.

Good luck to all of us that have entries in the contest!

4 Likes

First number, the garage is empty, what’s wrong with this server?:thinking:
Thirst to buy, one of the masterpieces, brilliant “designers”:heart_eyes:

I voted for you ship as I thought it was well built, was there a need to vote for you own ship though? Your ship screamed awesomeness the moment I saw it :slight_smile:

Everyone did this xD

1 Like

I didn’t.

Hello everyone!

The submission time for the Giant Great HWS Garage Ship Contest is over since the 30th of July. But with an end, always something new begins! In this case, judging the ships and the placement. Both for the jury and for the community:

Today at 10pm starts a new event. It is called the ‘HWS Garage Showroom Event’. It will be available every six hours for half an hour.

The next days until the 7th of august all SV, HV and CV from the garage ship competition will be waiting for you there. You can get a better idea of the size, structure and flying behavior of these vessels.
We hope that the event will bring in more hearts from more players in the competition entries list:
https://forum.empyrion-homeworld.net/t/hws-garage-ships/4642/7

If the event goes well, we maybe let it go on. Of course only with the winner garage ships. For those, who want to fly a ship first before they buy it.

Have fun!

14 Likes

:beers:Dear ambitious builders and patient HWS Garage lovers!

:tada:Finally we can announce the winners of the HWS Garage Contest! Woohoo! Finally! The day after tomorrow, you will find all of them in the garage together with the updated ships that are already there.

In the last week we collected some more hearts and the jury distributed their points.

Unfortunately, there can ONLY be 20 winners.

It was a close head to head and we looked closely to every ship. Some where well designed and had a good purpose and equipment. Some others were better in strategic architecture but lack of some of the other points. We collected all of our points and compared them with your given hearts. At many ships, the two results were equal. And at some ships they were a bit different. We decided to go a middle way in these cases.

So if any builder of the other ships thinks, that his ship deserves to be in the garage, he can ask me, if and what we can do for that.

But now I would like to congratulate all winners!! Yay, you did it into the garage and won a nice price! :trophy:

The ones, who submitted multiple ships and got multiple places, of course will get multiple rewards.

Here are the six last places from 11th - 16th place.
Please give them all a loud applause! :smiley:

:medal_sports:Dreger | 16m - CV Miner
:medal_sports:Excavator | 10m - SV Miner
:medal_sports:Flatline | 23m - SV Fighter
:medal_sports:S12 Mechanical | 18m - SV mechanical Miner
:medal_sports:Titan | 45m - CV Fighter
:medal_sports:White Queen | 3m - CV Utility

They will be proud owners of the following prices:

• 2,5m credits
  • 75 HWS RP
  • 1 Diamond
  • their own ship as a gift (please decide if you want to get it this season or the next season)

Now please applaud all the places from 4th to 10th place:

:medal_sports:Columbus | 12m - CV Miner
:medal_sports:Draco | 15m - SV Fighter
:medal_sports:Omnipouts | 15m - CV Miner
:medal_sports:Protiss | 19m - SV Miner
:medal_sports:Roid Rage | 21m - CV Miner
:medal_sports:Strelitzia | 15m - CV Fighter
:medal_sports:Voleg | 10m - CV Miner

They will get the following prices:

• 2,5m credits
  • 125 HWS RP
  • 2 Diamonds
  • their own ship as a gift (please decide if you want to get it this season or the next season)

And here are the five 3rd placed ships, please add your whistling to your awesome applause:

3rd place Fighter:
:3rd_place_medal:Murcielago CV | 27m - CV

3rd place Miner:
:3rd_place_medal:Asteroid Eater | 21m - CV

3rd place Utility:
:3rd_place_medal:Blood Debt | 14m - SV

3rd place Explorer:
:3rd_place_medal:Venture | 12m - SV

3rd place Tank:
:3rd_place_medal:Tempest | 16m - HV

They can call the following prices their own:

• 1 HWS Garage ship of your choice in the HWS 10 season
  • 1 Support Package of your choice up to 5€
  • 1 penthouse of your choice for HWS 10 or next season
  • 10m credits
  • 250 HWS RP
  • 3 Diamonds

Are you able to get even louder and raise a thunderous applause for the 2nd place?:

:2nd_place_medal:Wrecker | 18m - HV Tank

He gets:

• 2 HWS Garage ships of your choice in the HWS 10 season
  • 1 Support Package of your choice up to 10€
  • 25m credits
  • 500 HWS RP
  • 4 Diamonds
  • his own ship as a gift (please decide if you want to get it this season or the next season)

Now please exciting silence for the announcement of the 1st place please:

:1st_place_medal:Traders Glory | 8m - CV Utility

He gets:

• 3 HWS Garage ships of your choice in the HWS 10 season
  • 1 Support Package of your choice up to 20€
  • 50m credits
  • 1000 HWS RP
  • 5 Diamonds
  • his own ship as a gift (please decide if you want to get it this season or the next season)

:loudspeaker: Now a minute of noise please for all who participated in the contest, many thanks!! :sparkles: :sparkling_heart:

@all the winners: please contact me, when you are online. I will send you your ship then.

@all of you: Thank you for your participation in the competition! We hope you had fun while building! Enjoy the new garage ships. I will implement them tomorrow.

Have a goot time on HWS.

Your HWS Team

13 Likes

Congrats, @WhizZLe! And congrats to everyone who got ships accepted! I hope everyone had as much fun designing ships as I did.

Thanks Ju and Rex for all of your hard work to make this happen. I look forward to browsing a garage full of ships again :grin:

7 Likes

Thank you to everyone who participated in the contest and congratulations to those who made it in. A big thank you to those who voted for my vessels, and I hope those that did enjoy using them this season and throughout many more!

4 Likes