🏆 Giant Great HWS Garage Ship Contest 🚀

I also don’t understand why this ship won.
In addition to good shape, I did not notice the criteria by which it could be raised to 1 place.

But I’m more interested in the list, it would be very interesting to look at my mistakes :slight_smile:

We have one excel sheet, but every juror has of course its own columns. So yes, we choosed the most fair method.

Reflecting and learning are good keywords. I recently started a topic where I show, how to build a garage ship. There is already a post about the basic ‘how to install a furnace on a SV(or CV)’. But now I added these themes to my TODO list:

• design interior, architecture and coloring
  • design exterior, shapes and coloring
  • practical handling and signals
  • balancing price-performance
  • purpose and categorys

So in the future you guys can learn from there what you can do better the next time and I have not so much work to talk with everyone seperately.

2 Likes

Kittez,

Why do you care? It seems you have some beef with the admin’s and that is like entering a contest with your Ex as the judge then expecting to win against his new wife. It doesn’t work. A competition like this isn’t like the 100 meter dash in the Olympic’s it is more like Gymnastic’s in the Olympic’s and subject to peoples opinion.

On a side note I was not in the competition and only submitted a new design after voting was over. Also there is a side post about how the voting was skewed by factions up voting their friends/faction mates. As a friend of Pyston’s he complained to me about this as well (on the workshop people would down vote him because he wasn’t part of their club).

I hope this answers your question (I had nothing to do with the process aside from voting on ships like everyone else).

3 Likes

The “contest” shouldn’t be about who won. It should be for the community. I myself was very excited when I learned of it and eager to see what I could come up with. I very much appreciate the guidance and coaching @Ju personally provided me. This was to be a fun event for everyone to get together and share their design ideas with the community. We need to look at this as an event to participate in and have fun, not a contest to see who is the best. Lots of designs were submitted and looked at in great detail by all parties involved. Congratulations to all the designers. Your hard work is very much appreciated by everyone. Seeing other builds really did inspire me to build so many! I have been looking at the list of posted submissions and the selected ships quite a bit. I can very much understand why some of the more powerful ships were not selected. Please keep in mind that a lot of them would drastically change the play field in ways we could not imagine. Please don’t feel upset at the standings and look forward to the next contest. I myself can’t wait to see what everyone is capable of!

7 Likes

I do not agree with you, the competitive aspect is very important!
I also participated in the competition and got 3rd place, although I only aimed at 20.
It was interesting, not only to create a ship but also to compete for a place.
The contest is interesting, competitive aspect it is important … it’s a pity that it does not take place in several stages.
It was even more interesting.
I did not understand why such a “controversial” ship took 1 place.
But after a difficult multilingual communication, I finally realized :smiley:

Those who still do not understand: look at the “top ships” in the workshop, and then look at your ships.

It seems to me that the problem is that the “quality” bar was not indicated - but it is rather high.
I think that many ships went to the garage just because there was an event and it was necessary to choose 20 places.

Making a good, beautiful ship is very difficult, but it’s even more difficult for us because there are rules, a huge selection of blocks, it is necessary to protect important blocks, etc.

But as Ju wrote earlier, “But it will be possible to submit ships during the season. If we install the ship in the garage, the creator will get his ship once.”

Want free ship of your dream? you can try :slight_smile: I’m trying, but it’s hard ^^

2 Likes