Gold planet and Homeworld

I wanted to give feedback on the new changes for 7.5

Bunkers:

I can understand the original need for bunkers but it’s gotten out of hand. They are extremely large now so they are no longer for emergency but a faction can hold most of there needed assets there.
They are located in prime territory with unlimited rare gold and most common resources. Bunkers don’t belong in prime locations, and need to be moved to common planets.

You have created the perfect method to have unlimited resources without any risk.

bunker+unlimited resource + 10 BA =Not worth fighting for.

Now gold on the other hand has been nerfed into the ground with only 2 bases a thin layer a gold small deposits and no other resources.

7.0 was the most fun i had on HWS in a long time unfortunately with those 2 changes that last fun bit has been taken away.

1 Like

but that’s exactly where bunkers belong … where they are useful …

There are not infinite resources anywhere, unless you want to hunt meteorites once the deposits have run out

2 Likes

I guess you don’t realize how heavy fighting is around this stuff. Also Homeworld and Golden Globe could use sv warp conduit.

Thanks for your Feedback @TheRaven

Bunkers however were originally designed for these hot spots - to survive any Apocalypse possible.

“Infinite” resource in PvP is half true also. I mean yes, if you are brave enough, go for it. But Bunkers itself do not give you these infinite resources.

The only thing I agree and will change are the 10 bases. That is indeed to much and were overlooked by me in my 30+ hours without-sleep tour.

It will be reduced to 2 Bases again. To be announced.

3 Likes

I agree with TheRaven. As a bunker owner I wanted to throw in my two cents on bunkers, GG, and HW.

1. Bunkers. They are a nice idea but I think they don’t need to be on Homeworld or GG. These two are PvP hotspots and should be. Have the bunkers either drastically reduced to not hold ships just be able to get inside and have some repair, spawn, medical facilities with small garden and few adv constructors, furnaces, and tons of cargo room.

2. BA/CV/HV/SV limits - GG is great. Homeworld should have the exact same limits including the CV prime time restriction.

3. Crust. I think the crust layer is perfect on GG. Its still better than meteorites but not so much better to be game breaking. Use this as your blueprint going forward.

4. Homeworld - Remove the bunkers, set the GG ship/ba restrictions. Remove all the ore except the rares and model the layers after GG. This should be where people go to get rares not commons as a crust resource.

5. Common Crust - Add the common resources to other systems. 1 per system. Model it off of GG in terms of crust layer and depth.

Homeworld - Crust = Eres, Zasc, Pent, Neo
Iceworld - Crust = Eres (in smaller layer)
Lavaworld - Crust = Zasc (in smaller layer)
Desertworld - Crust = Neo (in smaller layer)
Waterworld - Crust Pent (in smaller layer)

Golden Globe - Crust = Gold

Nomad Empire or Galactic Oasis - Crust = Magnesium (like GG)

Vulc City or Magma - Crust = Copper (like GG)

Zirax - best spot for POIs, buff these when time is available

Orion - Best spot for asteroids, beef up the asteroids and provide all flavors of common and small amounts of Eres, Zasc, Pent, Neo, and Gold (very small)

Lyra - Lyra or Videl or Son G - Crust = Silicon (like GG)

Fia - Crust = Prom (like GG)

Ori - Crust = Sathium (like GG)

This way you have two main hotspots in GG and HW for the Gold and Rare resources. Then you have mini hotspots on key PvP planets. If there are issues on having common ore crust on PvEvP planets then whichever planet in the sector that has it is PvP 100% of the time. The bunkers could be positioned around these common crust ore spots as well.

The issue with this is they are too big and in too limited in number. They give a few factions a huge advantage. Either remove them from GG/HW the PvP hotspots or reduce their size considerably so no vessels fit inside only a small repair, respawn, few adv cstr, couple furnace, small garden, food proc and that it but raise the number to way way more of them.

If they remain it will be just like GG was last season from what we experience in the last 3 weeks which I’ve heard multiple groups say was pretty much the entire season. ACP got the bunker and entrenched themselves on GG and because of that huge advantage were able to dominate it until the last week or so once wipe was announced and people started OCDing things.

If bunkers remain on HW then the few factions who hold them will dominate that “pvp hot spot” with ease and it will turn into ganking paradise where no real PvP happens. Faction without bunkers have already said there is no reason for us to even try when they have bunkers. It won’t achieve the desired hotspot you want with bunkers.

2 Likes

The gold nerf was kinda needed thou 2000 gold mined in 2 minutes was while really fun also completely broken xD, much prefer the gold mine rate now.

1 Like

Thanks a lot @Dreadstar ! That is a very nice and constructive feedback!

Originally it was a Bunker, like buried into the ground like in GTA 5. But due the resource crust idea we had to surface wipe. And because of surface wipes people had to dig out their bunkers all the time. So with HWS 7, we had the idea of “over the surface” bunkers.
For design suggestions please contact @Fulgrim or @A.F.T . V2 is quite big, true, but with the coming BAse limits maybe more a disadvantage than advantage.

Yes, same as the 10 BAse amount I overlooked this setup. Will be added on friday too.

To remove something we have already settled is always bit tricky. You also don’t mention that a Bunker cost 25 million credits which is at least good in terms of inflation.

But especially your proposal of resource contribution is something I’ll work on.
Some of them can’t be done within a season sadly but at least for HWS 8 this sounds very good.

I make a new super version of the HWS bunker! I think all be happy. But only one weak point - it is too expensive - 100mil.

8 Likes

I will buy it on one condition: put on one sentry turret.

It is there! (i hide itunder the palm!)

Oh thank god. Now I feel safe.

Easy offer to move it to any non GG/HW planet or refund the 25m. Easy enough in my opinion. I would think all parties involved would rather have better and more PvP than a indestructible bunker that keeps people from even wanting to go there for PvP. Thanks for the reply.

True but let’s see first the full potential of the 2 faction BAses and our new Config + the other planet adjustments.

Then we can still go the big “remove bunkers” road.

1 Like

Does the bunker count as one of the faction bases? - presumably no private bases allowed?

Yep, right. Same gameplay as in HWS 7 on Golden Globe basically.

Another alternative to removing the bunkers altogether from these hotspots is to take it back to it’s roots. Asking bunker owners what they would want in a bunker is great, but will always result in monstrosities, that yield the most benefit for their investment. Perhaps a design for the high pvp areas that is much smaller, for example just enough room to safely park 2 x-7’s or a mjolnir sized hv. P menu accessible constructors below ground, etc. I think everyone agrees that the no turrets is a fair trade-off for it being admin cored. The issue then becomes if it has enough room to comfortably house an army, or just enough for a small team, or backup supplies.

1 Like

Honestly from a fair point of view, The bunkers were done with a random selection. The people that wanted one and didn’t get one, are of course going to complain about them. I honestly think putting these great ideas in the server and then removing them for a couple people are honestly upsetting more than it’s helping anything. Popular vote should always win right? Well if more people want the bunkers than the people that don’t… why should it be removed? That’s the same as somebody who has no credits, cannot buy garage ships/complain about them 24/7 but would fly one if they had the chance to. The bunker provides NO defenses or ANY kind of protection against the outside PVP world. We literally have had people (Not saying any names) pinned down in their bunker, can’t leave it or do anything… How in any way are they getting a advantage? The bunker isn’t going to stop people from smashing your stuff/as well as you. Just because you can hide in it, doesn’t mean you will stay inside of it hiding does it? No… you will have to come outside at some time you know? I don’t understand why all of a sudden they are a problem. We all love the idea of it, It has 0 turrets outside of it and does no harm to other players unless they get inside of it. I just feel these changes are being made for the wrong reasons. You could up the value or price of the bunker/take away some of the stuff inside of it but I feel taking them away is just wrong. My views on things and I hope this doesn’t come off in a negative way.

1 Like

IDK maybe iam wrong. But - now bunker it is a real PVP-POI. Some place when you can take some PVP actions. With all this blobal BA limit it is need i think. But maybe it is must be not so big - idk.

2 Likes

Squeaky wheel get the oil people. Speak up or don’t complain when bunkers are removed.

10 bases per faction on Homeworld is a bit much. I would provide ample warning that the base
numbers allowed would be reduced to 5. Then let the player base decide with a poll rather than
being decided by one side that spams a topic to appear as though they are the majority opinion.

You are 100% correct, it’s like a Real PVP-POI gives a lot of excitement and action to the playfield. I agree with @Mattcore37k and @TacoIsland the Poll Idea would be the way to go. See what the community thinks!