Golden Globe Playfield Limit Suggestion

Their delivery vechicles should not go into warzone, GG is a warzone and CVs there are for combat not deliveries.

Tell them to bring pizza.

GG is a war zone, but for obvious reasons only 1 CV is allowed on planet per alliance. Otherwise we will have tons of flying bricks yet again. GG is meant to be primarily a battleground for everything but CVs, that’s what the black hole is for. You keep trying to justify that CVs are meant to do battle on planet just because they have HV turrets. Ask @RexXxuS about a couple seasons prior with CVs using BA turrets and what the eventual outcome was. Keeping this thread going along the way it is and we will probably see another GG like Eton with no CVs allowed period.

Because of that limit CVs on GG serve very special purpose as siege weapons, without them fights would be much worse.

I hope you are trolling here, if that would be the case it would be nail to the coffin of PVP on GG.

I am astounded how adamant your trying to justify CVs as elite planetary base combat mega siege weapons that will miraculously turn the tides of war!

How many CVs can fight on planet now? Two? Let’s make it more interesting then, and say CV shields are disabled on planets due to electromagnetic distortion in the, idk, blah blah flux capacitor?

You ok with this, yes?

1 Like

Let me ask you a question? When was last time you fought in big battle on GG with 3 bases on each side? It’s one long ping-pong because properly build triple base complexes with defenders are very hard to kill even with garage CV and you want to make this even worse by removing CVs… In that case this game could be classified as World War 1 simulator…

But what is your problem? You are saying that something should be changed, but why?

1 Like

Sorry I have never fought on GG.

What is that?

I am not saying something needs to be changed. I want to know why a CV is such an Uber thing to qualify as a necessity for attacking a planet BA. Don’t you just ever use a SV or HV?

HVs are useless for attacking properly designed bases because their turrets won’t even fire at enemy base due to how turrets targeting works, SVs are too weak to survive fire from 3 towers for long enough to kill the base so you need CV or way more people than defenders or battle is one big ping-pong.

1 Like

So HV turrets on a CV are better than HV turrets on an HV?

Is this due to massive lag during the fight or is it because the shield in the CV is better?

HV turrets on CV are much better because they are high in the air so they can actually target base turrets and shoot, HV turrets cannot shoot because of decoys

1 Like

What if they use airborne decoys? That is a thing now a days .

F$&@ing ducks!

Makes me curious if that is something Eleon can implement, a CV on planet has its shields disabled, like the weapons and majority of turrets. Seems plausible to me. Why have all that defense of a shield on planet and yet no real offense (seeing that the useless turrets are all you get).

1 Like

I’m a bit pvp rusty so I’m not sure how much the mechanics have changed since August last year but it is possible to take down a 3 tower base on GG with HVs and SVs. It was done in the past on a 6 base cluster that had HVs spread around as additional defence. You’ll go through a lot of HVs and SVs to get it done but it’s possible with the right amount of resources and people.

Myself and 2 others took down a 3 base cluster with HVs spread throughout it as additional protection. I went through a lot of HVs and SVs and died a few times but we eventually cored the cluster and recycled it after looting it. It also took about 5-8 hours.

1 Like

PvP has changed very much since then. Especially since last update. Shields.

Also when doing attacks there’s usually defenders, which makes it much harder to take a base down. 1-2 good defender can keep 5-10 attackers away for quite a while.

This season it’s very hard to take down bases 1-2 people. You can’t just snipe turrets anymore.

Nope, slowly they are killing the fun for solo players. Before too long it may be large faction or semi-solo PvE as the only options.

1 Like

Sorry, went off topic.

I think we left off on @DarthMyrten saying remove CV shields on planet or something?

I’m with Nuke on this one. CV’s on GG are weaksauce. 95% of the time they are used to create lag and other exploity garbage. However, last season, me and a handful of other players used CV’s to ninja mine to great effect. I do not want to see them go entirely, but the block count has to be managed, I’d say max around 2000 blocks.

Furthermore, throwing a CV in the middle of a base to block turrets does not improve gameplay. Regular CV’s barely function on planet, especially now with the weight and volume turned on. Only Cannon turrets will fire if it isn’t a garage ship. And a whole discussion about disallowing CV’s shouldn’t be derailed by garage ships being the only exception. Sorry, it isn’t worth allowing CV’s just because sometimes, maybe, possibly someone will bring a garage ship. More often than not a CV on GG is used to exploit than be serious. On NA CV exploitation has a greater chance of occurring than the garage ship exception. That is a net negative, and is also the reason why so many are writing here.

Perhaps if more of the CV’s weapons worked on planet, or if they weren’t being abused, I’d have a different opinion. But as the state of the game currently stands, something needs to change.

2 Likes

Exactly my point. A CV on GG causes more issues than it fixes. When the fighting is at its heaviest and everybody on the playfield has massive stuttering, the last thing we need is another CV with more triangles, and justify it being a planet fighter cause it magically has - HV turrets!

Pass.

Hopefully this charade will be dead as soon as someone from Eleon wakes up and realized that CV shields on planet should be disabled.

It’s like I am against a lawyer using the Wookiee defense.

1 Like