Hackor bug allows portable constructor access by non-owners

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened?
=> I was doing the advent mission and had 3 portables constructors down for temp storage. When I came out of one of the doors the player mreap was standing in front of one of my constructors fort a minute or so not moving, obviously doing something with the constructor. then suddenly the constructor disappeared and I got the message that it had been removed from the map. mreap then turned to his ship and was doing something to it. When I called him out, although I cant find the messages in chat now, he suddenly left the area in his SV. I don’t know if there is a bug that allows people to hack the constructors, but it sure seems like it.

Player(s) with issue? (steam name)
=> Pvt Meekly

Server? (EU or NA)
=> EU

When did it happen? (Use server time: type ingame cb:time)
=> approx 10:53 31 Dec

On which Playfield?
=> ECC

Structure Name(s)?
=> NA

Structure ID(s) (Open ingame console and type di)?
=>

How can we help you now?
=> While I can live without the stuff, can you please check the logs regarding my constructors and mreaps backpack / SV as it sure looks like there is a hack or bug being used.

:strawberry::cherries::mushroom:

best guess is it’s some kind of bug and the other player may not even be aware of what happened. was the constructor set to faction access? and by chance ur not actually in a faction? just ruling out if those without a faction are able to access terrain devices placed by anyone else without a faction.

placeables don’t have an ID like structures, so I can’t check much.
But if you tell me what was inside, I can compare his inventory with your constructor.

Overall I don’t like all those “convenience” stuff… placeable constructors near TEAM, Garage ship abuse at EGS HQ, etc.
There is always the question: what IF 1000+ players would do that… how would the Garage Zone look like… how would the terrain near TEAM look like…
Look at our planet earth and what Humans did with all their “convenience” products and exploits…

2 Likes

alt account on ecc @ TEAMS with a CV work around? not sure this is wise…

I can’t progress here.
I need to know what was inside the constructors @BobTheGimp
If you tell me, I’ll check again.

? TEAMs? CV? what are you on about? And oh yes, the other play was aware of exactly what they were doing. Such is life with bugs in this game. Time to do some testing on a server to see if it is a repeatable “bug”.

Cheers for the feedback, but as there is no real way to track this stuff, don’t waste your time. Just close the case. I raised the ticket just in case there was a reasonable way to track this type of stuff and to ensure that there is a formal mention in case similar issues are reported in which case it is not just a one off glitch.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.