Help with stuck mission

======= NOTICE FOR HELP =======

What happened?
=> The mission “character class system” is not working. It says “activating character class sytem” but nothing happens. Tried everything i could think of but it would not let me activate the mission to record progress.

Player(s) with issue? (steam name)
=> Grincore

Server? (+ EU or + NA or RE EU or RE NA)
=> HWS RE EU

When did it happen? (Use server time: type ingame cb:time)
=> Some time after the patch

On which Playfield?
=> Not sure, could have been the ocean planet on delta sytem.

Structure Name(s)?
=> not applicable

Structure ID(s) (Open ingame console and type di)?
=> not applicable

How can we help you now?
=> Kindly try to restart the mission from the server side. It is ok if i lose progress, ik was only level 2 on the first specialization.

the class activation mission is just to initiate class selection. if you’ve already progressed in a specific class, you have to activate that class mission to resume the process. it should be directly below the mission you’re trying to activate now…“should”

Yes, the mission below the class selection mission is the one that is stuck. I cannot activate it. If i activate the class selection mission i can see my current progress but it will not let me progress.

try activating a different mission then deactivating it. restart the game, then reactivate the specific class mission. post a screenshot after all that nonsense.

I tried the suggested workarounds but the mission will still not start.

Screenshot:

odd indeed, it appears the specific class mission doesn’t even show. when u activate the mission in ur screenshot, it’s supposed to pop open another dialogue box asking u to select a class. is there an objective listed in the top right below temperature/radiation?

it would appear you are not alone in this. i cannot see the class/subclass mission either. could possibly be a bug with the latest update to the re scenario. not sure if this is something @RexXxuS is able to resolve…

I see. Resetting the chapter would work for me because i did not make much progress but for pretty much everyone else having the issue is not an ideal solution.

perhaps it could be worth trying to start the mission dialog with the NPC that is at Star Fragment POI

worth a try, but I think it uses the same exact dialogue prompt. I’ll test it tonight when I get home…

I am having the same issue. I was doing the engineer mission and had just begun part 5. I am unable to reactivate it. Side note, I was also working on survey the galaxy missions, and that progress has gone poof. It wants me to start over from the beginning. Thats very tedious. Also, I cannot restart the polaris mission that leads to obtaining mining turret schematics. so I suspect its not just the one mission but several that are bugged now.

I found this in the troubleshooting section of the scenario after reading the comment posted today in the loading screen:

Missions reset after pda readdata command or scenario update on server/cannot complete class missions

As of game version v1.10.5 using the pda readdata console command or updating the scenario files on a server may cause missions to be reset.
While using the pda readdata command is optional, not using it after a scenario update that needs an updated PDA will result in some missions or devices not being completable.
There is unfortunately no way to avoid this. You either update the PDA and risk resetting all missions and potentially breaking some, or you don’t update the PDA and risk some missions not working and some newer devices not functioning.

An alternative method to update your save game’s PDA is to copy the scenario’s PDA files into your save game folder. This may or may not prevent all missions from being completely reset but it may still cause issues so is done at your own risk. back up your save games.

For class missions there are two possible workarounds:
You can use Naval Commendation to raise your class level via the class selection mission.
In single player console command give item Token 4013 to give yourself a Naval Commendation then activate the class selection menu and there should be a new option to increase the level of one of your classes. If playing on a server speak with your server admin.

The other option for single player is using the pda console commands to reward the class missions and then you can activate and complete them from the PDA.
pda help lists all the pda commands.
pda lschaps will give you a list of all PDA chapters along with their chapter ID (needed for other commands).
pda rwdchap x will reward chapter ID x and make it show up in the PDA so you can start it.
pda brief x will start chapter ID x.
pda msg x will show the chapter complete window for chapter ID x.
Note: these commands may not work as expected for all missions as some missions also rely on saved variables as part of their completion. For example you can still access the trader that you get from completing The Forge even if the PDA is reset. Redoing a class mission that you already completed will probably just increase your class level by 1, regardless of which level you were currently at.

If you are on a server and cannot access the PDA commands, a server admin may be able to assist you either with Naval Commendations or by editing your character’s PDA chapters via EAH (not sure if possible).

Welcome to HWS,
sorry for the delay!

The pda commands are not all available to the modding API.
So I can’t help you as it would be possible to fix in Singleplayer.

The only thing I could do and did is to give you the 4013 Token now.
Hope it helps.

Thank you. Token received. I could go to the mission and apply it to progress from stage 3 to stage 4 but the mission status did not change. My bonus increased to the next level but i cannot progress any further. I guess we will have to wait for the season reset to completely solve the issue. Thank you very much for the help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.