Homeworld 8-9 Hour WAR

It was a fun fight! No prouder sight than seeing my TCH buddies going ahead in their tanks!
Best regards
Wise! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would love to see a video of this fight )))

1 Like

This is Perfect example of a spoilsport, Someone who cant even say GG because there ego might explode.

3 Likes

It was the first time i had participated in a planned larger scale pvp and it was an awesome experience. I was also quite satisfied that some of my designs now had combat experience!

It was laggy, it was intense and it was tiring but it was sure as hell worth it. It was also great fun working together with UMC & ERN on the initial landing push and the frantic chaos that ensued moments after.

My heart did sink when I saw the global chat by Rex about CPU on 60% while im getting 2 - 15 fps fluctuations. The hardest hit to my heart was when we pushed up right to the last op4 base with the spiky ceilings and the 2 supporting bases our allies threw down had their turrets glitched and not firing by the Glag god of Empyrion for a good olā€™ 15minutes. Then when the targetted Homeworld restart came, I died a little inside.

Weapons didnt work right, flight didnt work right, graphics didnt work right, things shooting through the mountains, fatigue from the fighting and missing out on food (it was 10am for me when it started since I live across the globe). Still I loved it even through that lag and I would do it all over again!

3 Likes

You will soon enough, itā€™s very embarrassing video and I wasnā€™t planning on posting but itā€™s going up! :joy: I already said Good fight to the ones I wanted to say good fight to, I have no respect for the tactics EU TCH uses. After I read bits and pieces of the personal attacks is when I decided to be a dick as well. Suck it up! You give and you get.

1 Like

Yes it was much fun and I enjoyed dog fighting with you ! I can agree on the ā€œburned out tiring partā€ I ended up passing out mid fight because I just couldnā€™t go anymore! :joy::joy: GG

2 Likes

Honestly after hearing the additional EU factions show up to get some revenge, I was hoping AFT showed up as well. I have never seen such baller moves as that guy has done, I was extremely impressed the way he defended his CV and bases on EU against 3 invaders.

1 Like

Was a great fight guys. Pity some people seem to think that lag only happens to them and what they see on their screen is what is actually happening. Was a nice thread and Non-Toxic for most partā€¦ We all have to remember that whether we like it or not without each other PVP is dead and we are playing a gathering sim. Lets try keep these things as civil as possible or like on EU people will just refuse to set up bases for you to enjoy attacking or refuse to enguage in CV fights. All our PVP requires an enemy who is preppared to put time and effort into to being such.

5 Likes

Yeah man my bases and their turrets just stopped working alot of times, and my first ufo hv i set down just didnā€™t fire at all! It was mind-boggling!.. xD But yes as you said it was a funā€¦! but crazy experience man!! :smiley:

And to be honest i donā€™t think our bases would have fallen or maybe at-least would have taken much longer if it wasnā€™t for the turrets that just stopped firing or were firing at the wrong things. I hope Eleon Studios can help in that combat aspect of the game with a new update or something. Cool fight everyone! Even with that crazy fps3 and lag. :smiley:

1 Like

Many of ours werenā€™t firing either, and its notorious in CV fights (at least in EU) that turrets stop firing when we reach a clash of over 10 ships in a small area.
Tho, while sometime they really stop firing, sometimes its just the game not rendering the fire, while the damage goes in as invisible particles. these are funny, and deadly.

Weā€™re enemies with SWP, so no chance AFT would have shown up. Or at least not on the atacking side.
But feel free to come over to EU to atack SWP.

1 Like

A.F.T Is my homie, SWP are our allies.

Sense you like my first pvp Hover Vessel, right now iā€™m working on my first pvp small vessel. Iā€™ll give you Elfias an exclusive behind the scenes never-before seen by the eyes of man, except for me of course, :smiley: a glimpse of this magnificent Knightly, Kingly, Grand master, Grand Commander, and champion ship.

Make sure you are wearing your darkest sun glasses so its magnificence doesnā€™t blind you! :dark_sunglasses: xD

In terms of how i build my ships i follow these prime concepts: Is it pvp worthy? How long will it last? Is it mobile enough to get the job done?

eeehā€¦yeah i partialy like this ā€œill build biggest thing in universe and throuw it at enemyā€. We had a lot of such fun with SWP in EU. Sometimes its fun to kill some behemoth.
Luckily then AFT joined SWP which brought more sense and beauty into SWP designing. I mean yeah its definitely strong in pvp, it will take hours to kill. It doesnt even need to be fast :slight_smile:

Do I have fun fighting these? Ehhhā€¦sometimes, if you guys will bring 7 your HVs and 7 these SVs Ill just go as far as possible, im class 1 guy, I think all these huge vessels are no good for performance.

But ok you shared you ā€œBallā€ ill share my old one :slight_smile:

I hope AFT will have good influence on you, hes excelent engineer while his creations also look pretty.
This might be worthy checking too. http://empyriononline.com/threads/number-of-triangles.12440/ we dont have a clear answers, but its how it works. Yeah i know you all want to build big to soak up some dmg so pyramids are good, but it has its drawbacks.

this is what i fly normaly, i think i can make 10 of mine for 1 of your behemoth :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agre with Elfias! SV 1-class is more ballanced, less lagged and it is my favorite class. BTW some days ago we have fight on Desert planet in homeworld system with OPG. OPG have 3-class UFO-like ships. So i fired 2400 homing missile and just make some holes and destroy enemy weapons. But my 1 class SV will be still operational and in good condition - with 3 homig launchers. But enemy reatreated )

So i think 2-3 class SV need only on base siedge or against big hovers. But i make new one - compact and deadly heavy interceptor 3 class (but in size it like as 1class - just heavy powered and maneurabile) - just in case for SV dogfighting. P.S. if replace cubes to pyramids i think it will be 2 class ) But i hate pyramids. Yeah it save you class but it really more laggy and have weak points.

My opinoin - ELEON MUST!!! remove this trash blocks AWAY! Slooped block have 8 triangles and less laggs and more armor area. But now i see HUGE SV and HV made only from pyramids. Yeah everyone want to win (but i like a lose some times - it is push me to make more perfect ships BTW 50% of my gameplay it is just a prototypes testing).

P.S. I really tired build\kill this monsters ships. I remember good old days when 95% of ppl fly on SV 1class and CV max 2 class. But in this times we do not have AMā€™s ) Now ppl have too many res.

6 Likes

Previously, it was possible in space to fight on sv now this opportunity is killed in space only shoot missiles that can beat any sv and plasma which slowly flies all the rest of the weapons are useless in space when moving

1 Like

I think the restriction sv 1 class is the best option at the moment as sv class 3 to destroy it is very difficult (almost impossible) to quickly run out of ammo than kill sv.

1 Like

@colin2cold you must have been watching something else. This was the one of the only battles I have been where I didnā€™t Die once and I can vouch for a number of other TCH members. We didnā€™t die. My crew didnā€™t even lose one tank. So I have no idea what you meant by:

TCH just showed up lagged out and died a lot.

1 Like

Yeah, when you mention it I did not die once in this attack myselfā€¦I was epecting a lot of deats but it did not happenā€¦
Lost a tank to lag and unable to log back in thoā€¦

This was some of the most fun Iā€™ve ever had. Despite the intense lag and weird bugs, I had a blast.

Shout out to PKA, ERN, and the OP4 guys, as well as the other combatants I couldnā€™t ID.

1 Like

Sounds like a lot of fun, too bad everyone canā€™t be a good sport about in and just enjoy the aftermath and glory of the fight. I would hope to see our faction take part in some of these in the future :). PIP would have gladly commited what we have to the war effort and joined in on the invasion :D. Next time maybe!