Homeworld 8-9 Hour WAR

GG’s all involved. Here are some of my screenshots, wish I had taken more… so much time replacing turrets and lag. KEEP IT NON TOXIC and share some screenshots if you have em

The war started about 10:00 pm EST… invasion from the north! Who killed my Jon Snow!? Seriously, that little gold digging HV with rockets.

Op4, NFA, NAT, TPP, MBR, SEX faction alliance bases on Homeworld… unfortunately I had only gotten the one base down like 2 days ago. I think defenders ranged from 3-8 over this period of time avg of 4-5… How many initial attackerS? It was insanely grueling long fight… I am so freaking tired. I need food and water.

Good fight everyone

UMC, ERN, TCH, PKA (sorry if I forgot any factions, but I’ve barely slept) invaded from this pop up base… view from NFA House Ezze. This photo is about 1/3 of the way into the WAR.

Arty turret SV was OP as ____ ! lol… Stop taking out turrets ! Who was flying and shooting ?

Trying to snipe another popup base.

About 8 hours later…
UMC Retires, TCR arrives F___kers I was hoping for bed hahahahaha… one member from PKA in HV Box (Cobra pilot?) is on at this point … pesty bugger.

The End is coming, we fended off TCR 1st wave. Server restart happens… there was a ghost core above the Op4 base causing turrets to focus on it, Rex removes it. Colin Retires and Matt comes on for the end after sleeping.

I think the War ended around 6-7am EST. Lots of fun, frustration, lag, and glory.

p.s.

For the record my base was cored at one point… I thought I was lagging when I couldnt p menu… then I was like Oh sh**… haha… this about 6-7 hours in… UMC/PKA combo? It wasnt when you stormed over the hill, but it was when someone came to take pot shots at the mountain. I had zero turrets at that point, hiding in my cave building turrets in constructors.

Colin2Cold was a man on fire… never saw one individual take out that many ships/HV’s and bases.

(Edits over, This could have actually been a 10 hour war, I am not sure on the start time… I was in a tank and managed to move all around the invading bases, but I couldnt take screenshots… was a slide show of FPS at that point)

9 Likes

“Not one step back.”
-Last order given to TCH (TCR) troops as they went charging towards a wall of fire.

Battle was epic, and i’m sad i missed most of it due to IRL duties and a bad disconnect i couldn’t get back from, but anyway i’m glad it happened, and i’m up for more.

TCH roster for the attack:
@zappe21 - Commander in chief
@Wiseman738 - cheif engineer and second in command (also chief supplier in the week long preparation for the invasion)
@Hedge3 - Tank division commander
Sayak, Igniter, Loke, gareth, Archangel, Gunslinger - tank crews
Fenix, Dragon_101, Wrighty, Elfias- fighter/bomber crews

Tell me if i forgot anyone. Sadly no mentions for the crews as there’s a limit on mentioned users.

Also we had at least one player recording the whole battle, so stay tuned for more stuff :slight_smile:

And last of all - GG.

6 Likes

Not all of UMC retired but most of us did since some had work in the morning.
Confirmation our base was still there.

GG I had fun was a blast cept for the lag and disconnections. Great Fight all around!!!

3 Likes

In such battle victory can be very fragile.

One moment Supreme Admiral was in death trap, no palce to hide, no place to run. I started to loot without securing location properly, thought he wont come back from logging off. Minute later i was away from SV and all around me turrets started to appear. Hot moments.
I managed to get to SV after big strugle, explosions all around, after short fight with base i had to retreat without any loot :slight_smile:

But minor setback cant stop me.

This small HV probably could. :smiley: Think BIG. 2k plasma shots, 1000 homing missiles. Not sure how many ammo friendly combatants spent on this, but after loong chase last enemy vehicle died.

3 Likes

Man in that hv i was waiting for some backup that never came and no turrets so it was kind of a no point staying there. I probably could have kept the chase on for another 35 minutes but decided to escape from secret tunnel behind that hv. xD That was a long chase by three then two TCR people. Lots of tanking with that hv man and i think at one point one of the TCR hv had to go get more ammo then came back? :smiley:

Anyways thanks for the fight fellas it was cool. And North Americas largest HWS factions couldn’t take us alone so they had to call in rescue from a completely different server… Now that was Epic!.. . Like world war three out there! Or war of the worlds!.. And Homeworld planet is left with pot holes in the ground that looked like it got blasted with a giant shotgun! xD

Op4 and the alliance we did what we could do with such overwhelming force. It took two servers of the larges factions to take us on. Now that says something about our alliance and op4. Congrats brothers in arms! This will make the alliance and the bond that was accrued through battle even stronger!

3 Likes

Hoo-Ahh! I’ll second that Israel. Was a heck of a night despite the fierce lag and DCs. Sorry I couldn’t reconnect to get you more HV ammo in time, man.

Never logged at the base by the way, Elfias. Got hit with a DC. Was a good shootout we had. Hard to repair/replace turrets when you DC though. That was a losing battle and I knew it.

GG all. Wish the playfield lagged less. I might have been able to actually fight and not just try to keep bases shooting.

4 Likes

I was there and watched a while.

The server CPU was chilling but the game was at the limit to handle over 27 people fighting. Nothing we could do sadly.

But after so long I’m glad our main intention of CSW got recognized and used.

I think and hope 6.X.X will be even cooler for such “events”.

3 Likes

Correction UMC never called for TCH help, They just happen to plan a attack after ours.

We were never called. We weren’t incomming saviors, we were invaders :stuck_out_tongue:
We were provoqued by multiple atacked by OP4 on the EU server on our facilities, and this was payback. :slight_smile:

Just so happened that allies atacked before us, so we synced with them.

Our operation was over a week in the making… betwin planning the attack, scouting the enemy instalations and gathering the resources, i’ve felt like we were making Operation Overlord 2.0.

I wouldn’t mind if such events were organized… or to help organize them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Let me guess and you just so happen to be allies with TCH? And they just so happen to plan an attack? And be there after you their allies failed? :smiley:

Thats some big baloney right there… The excuses your making up is even ridicules. And you just so happen to accept alliance request or request alliance with them right? xD Please no more… haha… Man thats funny… First off we had UMC, PKA and LDS or whatever their name is on the run, and we were about to take your bases out when TCH arrived to the rescue. Oh and all of this just happened to be a coincidence? Oh of course it was. :wink:

[quote=“Fulgrim, post:9, topic:6796, full:true”]We were never called. We weren’t incomming saviors, we were invaders :stuck_out_tongue:
We were provoqued by multiple atacked by OP4 on the EU server on our facilities, and this was payback. :slight_smile:

Just so happened that allies atacked before us, so we synced with them.
[/quote]

Think logically bud your invaders to us but saviors to them, your allies, because they were about to get wiped by us.

Yes and it just so happens that you are allies? Of course. xD

Your faction attacked us before and we beat the daylights out of ya’ll. You fellas failed last time thats way you piggy bagged with UMC, PKA, LDS when they were getting their butts handed to them etc… Good rescue though but you can’t take us alone as of yet. :]

We got the glory because we were massively outnumbered and ya’ll got a Persian win of a battle at Thermopylae not the war. :smiley:

Israel we were aware of an NA attack on OP4 and Affiliates but we believed the battle to be over before we got there. It wasn’t until about 2 hours before the go hour that NA informed us they were still fighting. So we sped up our efforts to go in whilst the fight was still raging.

Coincidental luck more than anything. Nontheless that kind of luck most certainly favoured us as it gave the valiant defenders little time to prepare for the second wave.

Was a fantastic fight. I had some funny moments from the battle:

• We put up two forward operating bases to attack your bases whilst our HVs attacked. But their turrets never worked for some reason, think it was the lag. Yet they still drew fire which was good. YET i then suicided to get back to base but there was a rogue clone chamber that kidnapped me. As a result i had to respawn in space at my CV and fly all the way down in an SV again.

When i put up our EPIC repair base one of our SV pilots in our giant SVs flew down and clipped into the base and couldn’t fly out. A fresh 5kish block SV that was now on the way of my PRECIOUS HANGAR DOOR (and it also refused to be deleted) .This was because the base hadn’t rendered for him. So for the first half of the battle i would have to fly all the fixed/spawned HVs out of the same door. And that base wasn’t made for HV U-turns haha!

It was an epic battle and EVERYONE did amazing. And it was 99% non-toxic too which was a beautiful thing.

And hats off to NA guys who did a great job of softening you guys up before we arrived. We missed the 1st and 2nd Acts, but we were there for the 3rd and final! :slight_smile:

Finally hats off to my own faction TCH. A week spent gathering materials was quite mind numbing and exhausting, but seeing everyone in our faction working together and generally being awesome made that week worth it! :slight_smile: And i’ve learnt a few things to make the gathering of those matts less painful also!

Best regards and an epic fight.
Glad we caught the defenders online also as it makes it more enjoyable!
Wise.

3 Likes

I’m glad I play on the EU, we get a few factions that don’t play quite as fair as we’d like but almost all have the maturity to say GG after a fight and either leave it at that or proceed to compliment the victors/losers on what they did right.

I try to have enough patience to ignore your bravado… “North Americas largest HWS factions couldn’t take us alone so they had to call in rescue from a completely different server” (I mean c’mon… you had an alliance of 5 factions being attacked by 3 on Friday… with defender’s advantage i.e. 5 x 3 = 15 bases worth of turrets to add to your firepower UMC, ERN & PKA did an amazing job and you should be congratulating them, not yourselves).

However, I don’t like members of our faction being called liars.

I wish you could be a good sport, then I wouldn’t have to point out that the initial attack where you “beat the daylights out of ya’ll” was a couple members of our faction scouting your defences in preparation for wiping you from the planet.

GG to all involved, it was a great battle. Undoubtedly the best defensive setup I’ve seen on the server so far.

2 Likes

Correct, Tank 3 had to return for more ammo, luckily i had enough in SV, but its impossible to kill that thing. Houdini Escape indeed, I was wondering where are you :smiley:
Lets not argue please but this is maybe too big :smiley: damaged, sitting still we kept shooting at it for another nearly 5 minutes I think I was like killing CV :smiley:

Supreme Admiral ok I see, my bad, DCs were bad, its always anoying to watch SV slowly descending into fire with that message on screen. Yup good shootout indeed, i terribly underestimated whole situation there, it deserved HV to provide some cover :slight_smile: Well done.

And here is @Israel_T-C doing his common daily Homeworld work in SV, in bacground, unable to hide behind base is his small HV :smiley:

2 Likes

It was a great fight Elias! :smiley: And yeah man that dam lag is annoying. :frowning:

Next time hopefully we’ll be better prepared for War of the World!.. :grin: Your a good sport Elias and i appreciate that :]

Your small vessels are pretty decent and have cool designs. Your tanks are kind of skinny though. :smiley: Cool designs though. :dark_sunglasses:

You keep calling it small hv hahha i know what you mean by it though Elfias XD

2 Likes

Nice ya’ll recorded it? Man with that 3 fps and lag i don’t know how you record :smiley:

2 Likes

Wish I could be on for these battles… it’s like everyone always plans on me being offline or something :stuck_out_tongue:

GG to everyone it’s nice to know there can be some good action! Maybe next time you guys can plan your attacks when less enemies are offline, we’d like to have some fun too

Well, sadly everyone plans it during their prime time.
We’re pretty sad that most attacks on us were druing our “down” times too.

1 Like

Touche. Guess we have op4 to thank for that huh? Lol

1 Like

Whatever colin2cold…Everone else, GG!

4 Likes