Questions: Detectors in space, backpacks on radar, live proximity warnings

Sorry to rename my old thread, but the forum apprently isn’t letting me start a new one.
Can someone tell me some details about how detectors work in space, on an SV? Mine is not reliably getting detecions , at points in time where I"m pretty sure I should be detecting something. Is there some setting we have to use or some other piece of equipment that needs to be in place, for a detector to work properly? what prevents a detector from working ?

do other factions’ backpacks show up on your radar? your map?

Do you get an immeidately obvious notifcation in the game, when someone approaches one of your remote structures and how does that work now? Back in the day i remember there was an alarm bell that sounded in game along with a message in game , but is that still the case? does it sound even if you are in a different system?
What is the safest way to enter Homeworld Sector, seeing as to how the ABN’s are apparently trying to blockade it? if warping rather than using SG, does your entry point in HWS vary depending on which sector you jump in from?

thanks all!

I believe this will answer all your questions.

2 Likes

thanks cyan

and kills Fed…killing other players

Sorry to rename my old thread, but the forum apprently isn’t letting me start a new one.
Can someone tell me some details about how detectors work in space, on an SV? Mine is not reliably getting detecions , at points in time where I"m pretty sure I should be detecting something. Is there some setting we have to use or some other piece of equipment that needs to be in place, for a detector to work properly? what prevents a detector from working ?

do other factions’ backpacks show up on your radar? your map?

Do you get an immeidately obvious notifcation in the game, when someone approaches one of your remote structures and how does that work now? Back in the day i remember there was an alarm bell that sounded in game along with a message in game , but is that still the case? does it sound even if you are in a different system?
What is the safest way to enter Homeworld Sector, seeing as to how the ABN’s are apparently trying to blockade it? if warping rather than using SG, does your entry point in HWS vary depending on which sector you jump in from?

And how do i start a new thread? Often when I try , it just give me the “open draft” option.

thanks all!