How to exploit Offline Protection

I liked a similar idea that boosted HP and turret damage. To expand on it.

I would suggest that OP is actually a series of devices - OP, OP T2, OP T3 etc.I would also suggest that in the future you could have different classes of OP, one that has more HP for blocks but less dmg etc to provid variety in building bases.

So to expand on an earlier idea - if its yours, here’s the credit for the intiial idea!!

You install OP Starter and it has the following effects.

HP Blocks + 20% HP
Core HP +10% (I would like to see core blocks SIGNIFICANTLY boosted in terms of HP)
Flak Turret DMG + 5%
Cannon DMG +5%
Activation Delay - 5mins
Duration 24 hours
Max Block Size 2000

This is a basic OP that gives some boosts but is not invulnerable (play with values for balance)

Now here’s a specific version that again I just made up

OP T3 Titan
HP Blocks + 100% HP
Core HP +50% (I would like to see core blocks SIGNIFICANTLY boosted in terms of HP)
Cannon DMG +5%
Cannon RoF +5%
Activation Delay - 10mins
Duration 72 hours
Max Block Size 10000

This would cost significantly more in terms of resources to construct but has a defined role, it is like a Turtle OP - here’s an idea for an offensive OP

OP T3 Ravager

HP Blocks + 10% HP
Core HP -50%
Flak Turret DMG + 15%
Cannon DMG +15%
Sentry Turret Damage +15%
Minigun Damage + 15%
Turret RoF +10%
Activation Delay - 2mins
Duration 12 hours
Max Block Size 1000
Power Usage +20%

In this scenario it is a very offensive OP but it has drawbacks that need to be considered when choosing the role of your base. Technically this is just modifying values that already exist in the game and shouldn’t provide an ‘I WIN’ structure as you don’t get an uber shield, you have to pick the right one (you could technically have multiple installed but only one active at a time,

Anyways - thats enough thinking for no

Guys do you realize that this is hardly Rexx’s guilt?

1. OP turned off - all you offline raiders will be destroying everything normal common players builds. With no chance they can defend it as that guy who died 80 times proves. Hes absolutly uncompetent still he was able to kill base.
    So its evident that its not best idea as noone will be building on PvP becouse there is no way how to defend it unles you are online 24/7

2. OP turned on - all you offline raiders will be complaining about OP protected bases you cannot raid. And there is also combat logging which is a problem for sure.

Conclusion: Dont complain here go to complain to Eleon Forum, I still somehow dont see any of you there. You crying here Rexx do this and Rexx do that. Well you cannot knit a whip from shit.

When you are asking something offer idea how to solve it too or what do you think its best solution, but its not black or white, both cases when OP is on or off are obviously bad. Only way is to force developers to improve this feature.

Suggestion: Patience. Complains to developers of game not to admins of game server. In meantime install experimental version and enjoy 2 new fancy showers because thats what we realy need.
This is a “Complain about game” hot line: http://empyriononline.com/forums/

6 Likes

Completely with you on this Elfias although Rexx seems to be consolidating issues and suggestions as ‘from the HWS server’ which seems to be a good way to do things imo as the devs seem to have a lot of respect for Rexx/Jascha etc (well deserved imo).

OP isn’t the fault of the admins in any way, maybe our collected learnings put forth in a simple, single communication means will have a greater effect than loads of us all jumping on the Eleon forums.

Just a suggestion

Because SWP is exploiting offline protection we need to remove it ? SWP needs to go to jail but the admins have been told a while ago.

Now you are so bored to begin spreading lies again? Without proofs of your accusations I would be careful.
Picking random topics for spreading your salt is getting annoying too.

No it is because of people like above know exactly how to play against OP and that is not how the OP should work. Reading around forums proving this.

The general hate against russians is what we experienced a lot already. There are some who go Yolo mode and get punished and there are other one who playing maybe tryhard for others but still legit. We enforce the rules for everyone.

Interesting if you had said proof, why don’t you post the transcript of that conversation with Rex you supposedly had?

Having fought SWP personally, I’ve just found that they’re very organized at PvP and generally have stupid large CV builds to lag people out (all PvP factions do this anyway). Every reason I’ve heard for SWP hacking has just been hearsay or “because they’re Russians”. That said, I’m willing to hear some people out, but no one has shown me definitively what hacks/exploits they’ve done.

I dont know how we got onto the ‘Russians suck’ train but I’ll throw in my two penneth.

I have played with many russian gamers over the years and am still in contact with some of them. They have a mindset which lends itself to overcoming adversity and sometimes this means they can overstep bounds but I have seen this no matter which country a player comes from.

If the basis of anyones arguments boils down to ‘they come from x country’ then you might as well walk away from the conversation before you need to be carried away as its a baseless stupid argument to have.

1 Like