HWS 1.0 mod list rework discussion

“Remember, more structures spawned = more lag issues”

Which is why I’m suggesting controlling it with a limited slot shop, rather than the draconian 1 per person per server or people Just going crazy and building millions of spares.

I somehow doubt this due to the fact you can already have near unlimited cores in private space and the current universe has hundreds of thousends of cores for the planets poi, the DSL unloading takes care of that.

The server limits on cores in pve should also be changed imo to combine with the global limits from pvp.
Removing one of the things that stops a lot of people playing on hws, the arbertry core limits in pve.
Which many see as a bit of a con and needlessly punishing mechanic now, left over from pre DSL days.

the proof is in the size of the database and all the wonderful errors we have had this entire season. increasing the structure limits would be a disaster. there is no need to have that many ships just to be on display. it is very easy to work around the current limits for your request. there is opportunity for each and every player to put up to 4 ships for sale between the 2 servers. once they are sold, they can be replaced with another. if you would like to have a showroom, you have the opportunity to post and online gallery of sorts using discord, YouTube, and various other outlets. there is no need for more things in this already jam packed full toy box.

I have been using the OAM for two seasons now.

The rare resources are too slow for me to consider it worthwhile to always refill the OAM, while the common resources fill up the maximum limit very quickly.

Grabbing the ore from OAM is also too expensive from me unless I am in ECC. I have seen that certain support packages allow the OAM overfill to transfer to OCD, but It didn’t seem to be transferring for me.

I do however still like using the OAM. It is fairly cheap for me to place a core or 2 in the common ores and always have 10k of each common ore to pick up when I travel to ECC.

I know it isn’t much ore, but it created just another reason to come to ECC when I could play, grab my ore, and play a few of my favorite instances.

This season I mainly chose to always keep the rare ores filled with autominers to get just that little bit extra every time I came to ECC. And I haven’t compared the costs of ores to autominers or sold that much on market to have a good feeling for price, but I do agree it is probably a waste of autominers compared to the little amount of return.

Especially this season where there was always a distant planet that had plenty of rare asteroids in orbit.

Firebeard, Why do you consider private planets to be such an advantage?

The return doesn’t seem to be that much different than OAM.
Private planets have a limit of 2 common ores, and you have to place autominers, fuel, and fly around to the different deposits. Each T3 autominer can only return 6 or 7k every 15 hours? Then you have to travel around and pick up your ores while fueling them.
I know with motivation and time this can lead to more resources, but with the amount of planets and resources out there, this doesn’t seem too imbalanced.

The larger asteroids and the ability to quickly mine them with CV’s can return quite a bit of RSS in a small amount of time though and this did seem to be a bit much.

"

Blockquote
the proof is in the size of the database and all the wonderful errors we have had this entire season. increasing the structure limits would be a disaster. "

that proves nothing, we know that was a memory leak, in no way related to player core limits.

rather than the oppressive 2-3 cores per playfield limit in pve.
it should mirror pvp, and have a global limit, that would cause there to be LESS total core on the server, rather than more. particularly for the smaller factions, which are the majority, as for the ship shops, perhaps you’re confused because we already do it, so theres already those cores in the server, we’re just asking for the mechanic to change to suit what people are doing.

the global limits should also be increased a bit, about 50 -100%, the current system is the most commonly cited reason people dont come to this server, second only to the way cheaters are dealt with so gently.

actually the game has had many memory leaks in the past for various different issues. the sole reason for ship limits is to enhance performance. those that circumvent these limits are only adding to the problem. more things to process and keep track of ALWAYS equals more drain on server resources. the per person ship limits are fine the way they are at present. i do not see any need for any individual player to NEED more than 3 of each spawned in. the blueprint factory can hold an unlimited amount (as far as i have tested) of premade ships. that is your personal storage shed for all ships.

as i stated, personal showroom gallery can easily be done online and ships can be spawned on a per sale basis. there is absolutely zero need for an in game showroom littered with server draining structures that will stay till purchased.

imagine if there were 30 players with 5 ships for sale in this showroom. that is 150 structures in one sector. this would be a huge lagfest for anyone entering that system. the FPS drop @ HWS space garage is all the proof needed. this currently less than 30 structures. the rebuttal of making more sectors is not much of a workaround either. there is an in game limit to allowed structures per playfield. this is to prevent major resource drain on the serve end.

maybe one day we can have our giant houseboats and deployable army within. sadly, today is not that day. great idea once we are able to surpass our current hardware/software limitations.

“i do not see any need for any individual player to NEED more than 3 of each spawned in.”

it’s needed because the current system is a big turn off for many players joining, they don’t stick around when the limits start taking their ships off them. some seasons we lost more ships to the HWS limits than we lost to enemy fire.
its annoying, and frustrating, which are 2 things that should be avoided at all cost when putting together what is basically a virtual scifi holiday park like hws is. global limits would be much less jarring, and less obvious. most people wouldn’t even know you had limits then, which would be vast improvement to appeal and player retention…

the blueprint factory can hold an unlimited amount (as far as i have tested) of premade ships. that is your personal storage shed for all ships."

-that just enables people to use dirty tactics like HV drops without putting any effort in, should be a limit there if anywhere imo, but then if it was up to me, you would need to build a physical factory for blueprints to come out not just be able to pop 40 tanks into the world by wiggling your nose. what sense does it make that someone can carry an entire fleet in their pocket?

Right now people just use the ship selling feature to get around paying tax in ecc on a teleport pad. its broken, which is why hardly anyone uses it for its intended purpose, it needs to change, or just take it out. shame because it’s got the potential to be a main unique selling point of the server. just waisted as a tax exploit right now.

now i am not sure your goal here. you originally stated it was because people wanted to have a showroom. now it is about losing battles? everyone has the same limits and you seem to be the only one who cannot work with them even though we have made several suggestions on coping. the limits are just fine the way they are at present. with the vast issues in this game, it cannot support your request with as many players that visit here. increasing the limits would lead to a laggy disaster that would make more people leave. i don’t understand how you do not see this. you can have all your ships in the factory ready to spawn when they are needed. they don’t take up nearly as much server power being stored there.

correct me if i am wrong but JVI has been doing this for longer than most. are you now saying it is ok only if you are allowed? we have been told by rex this was ok with him as long as it doesn’t get too crazy. if he has no issue with it, neither should you.

last note on this time wasting adventure, the blueprint factory is a game mechanic. you also have the ability to pull out a magic army from nothing. not sure why you are constantly trying to find ways to defeat an opponent with complaints about losing battles. outsmarting is not against any rules.

either way it looks as if the limits were increased this season from 3 to 5. this should be interesting to see how increased numbers will impact performance.

I will announce it in a later state.
But yes, since the universe is much smaller now and this was planned for longer, consider it as test benchmark.

2 Likes

Thanks for the response, It’s a step in the right direction.

it seems try to take over HWS with complains and changes to there will … actualy Most player (newcomers) like the OAM but here i read that crap “Buy Ores from Factions” hmh what faction with 50+ member can it be ?.. Avoid Taxes etc (self put robots etc etc etc in hws 12 on Ecc actualy its like shoot into own goal…) Then the Limits & Factory … its again “Try to change” why ? per member you can place more if you want Recruit the hole EU server you are the only one Faction who can Overspamm everything others not factory look like caues with Hv drops (only way to beat a 50-80+ Faction) should get lowerd that the 50-80ppl cant lose anymore . mean come on that hears here all like a "Try to Force HwS into a Direction who actualy just maybe 1 faction wants. No one Agument about that couple of Features what makes HwS to HwS.

EU

NA

u were saying? …

1 Like

Well, i damn did paid lots of taxes (more than dozens of millions to this point) for our faction offices and the robot last 3 seasons that i am in JVI, for every single day that they ware there! Why? Because we can! And because we believed it is just a trick to avoid taxes.

Well, we were shown we were wrong, this is no trick, it’s perfectly legit and accepted way of avoiding taxes so now (since yesterday) we also have no more issue with that, just like everyone else.

Actualy you have Any Idea what you are Writing ? cause it makes no sense … cheers
pls stop hjack Topics with nonsense awsners :-/ you writed self “you can pay millions over millions every day” so put the garage stuff into Privat and pay :slight_smile: thumbs up =)

now it is about losing battles?
everyone has the same limits and you seem to be the only one who cannot work with them even though we have made several suggestions on coping. the limits are just fine the way they are at present.

where did that come from?
I was talking about the extent of the effects. and no, not everyones fine with them, I hear constantly that people avoid this server because of the limits.

You’re wrong.
We only just started doing this after you all on this post declared that it was OK to do.
Rex can confirm with the logs we’ve Always paid tax on our offices (totalling hundreds of millions no doubt over the seasons) up until you gave us the go ahead further up this thread.

If no one else has to pay, then why do we?

you should really work on your English, i have hard time to read what you write (and yes, English is not my first language) and you obviously have a hard time reading it to, because you often read things the way they are not written:

Example 1:

Example 2:

Let me form it a bit better so you hopefully can understand it:
i damn did paid lots of taxes for our faction offices and the robot last 3 seasons that i am in JVI, for every single day that they ware there, totalling at more than dozens of millions of credits to this point, not “millions over millions every day”

Answering and correcting false claims of avoiding taxes is, i believe, not a nonsense answer… :slight_smile:

Actualy i write with Firebeard and we talk normal and it make sense etc. so marko stop it thanks be brave and stay calm.

Well, i damn did paid lots of taxes (more than dozens of millions to this point) for our faction offices and the robot last 3 seasons that i am in JVI, for every single day that they ware there! Why? Because we can! And because we believed it is just a trick to avoid taxes. <- and that make no sense but awsner not for another person =) allrdy good solution found

seems as if this conversation is taking a dark turn. @Firebeard requests have been discussed and adjustments have been made. no need to sling trash around :frowning:

my apologies, i was told in the past “JVI is selling theirs” i didn’t fact check this but have confirmed with rex there is no issue selling ships as bases…yet

well, it’s hard to know to who you are talking/answering, using Quote and Reply to post options can avoid such issues.

When you put “JVI is doing that” and i know it’s false, i do feel i have right to talk about it, considering i am part of JVI.

as for my answers not making sense to you, i am sorry, i can’t do much more so that you can understand me better.

as for being brave and calm; brave? perhaps…calm? sure, i have good meds :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like