HWS 11 Release Part 1 | New Universe | New Gameplay | Rebalancement

No clue with that one. They are just CPU ready. Compared to before.

Ok, that is your opinion.

You have to go one playfield further. Wormholes bring you to the ECC.
Before we had one single system. We have now multiple Solar Systems. Many are just too spoiled and looking for fast gameplay.
Remember that Solar Systems are called “Demo” from Eleon. Once Solar Systems are officially announced, you will most likely get a special warp device and expensive warp costs.

No, you can use HWS Supergates with your SV.

I explained HWS 11 is split in parts. Base Attacks coming in Part 2 or with the next server restart. It’s an incremental release.

It wasn’t 2 years of work. The universe has 2 years of experience in terms of feature/gameplay ratio.

But thanks for your feedback anyways. I can’t make everyone happy obviously.
Sorry to hear you rage quit but have fun somewhere else :wave:

3 Likes

I can kind of see where they are coming from though.
Getting to ECC is complicated now. I just tried and gave up before figuring it out.

From Federation HQ my only available warp is to ‘Wormhole Fe’.
I warp there and then have to fly 15k to one of the Supergates. I finally reach the supergate, figure the command out, and realize it’s going to cost me credits and RP each way there and back if I use the supergate.
I think “No thanks” and look at the galaxy map again.
I then realize I have no way to reach ECC from here and there is going to be at least 2 more warps before I can reach it, and it will require a CV because of the distances. I don’t even know if I will finally be able to reach it with a CV since I can’t see all the warp lines yet either.

Either way, I’m not reaching ECC today and decided to just log off. That was my experience.
I’m not impatient, but this seems overly complicated just to reach some place I’m expected to reach every day.
I guess I’m probably expected to just spend the credits and RP to reach it by the Supergate, but I’m not really cool with spending RP just to reach ECC. Especially this early in the season when I have basically no RP.

1 Like

from most places you reach ecc with two jumps in your CV.

As being hwp and all, some may see me as a bit “incompentent” to disagree with negative things, but i really do :stuck_out_tongue:

I like it more now! Felt most people didnt use CV at all last season! Many players only logg inn to do the warp to ecc, and back again! Not really exploring the universe!

Now, you need a CV, and you need penta! You also need to mine for the penta!
You need gold, you need rp! Not only collecting them, but also using them!

and with CPU, you will also need a base, and use it, instead of a CV doing it all!

But yes, a bit more work when logging inn, but also a bit more reward for they who logg inn o play the experience!

It has only been 3 days… Give a proper feedback in 2-3 weeks, thats my plan!

Of cource, dont missunderstand me, all feedback is good feedback, also the not so positive ones!

<3 dQ

2 Likes

at the moment i dislike 2 things in HWS 11(lets put cpu and flight model aside because its eleon shit):

• color light tint from the suns. really my eyes is hurt after some time at binomi. and ecc not much better with that toxic green.
  • and minor thing. you need a CV to warp between clusters, its ok. buuuuuut you need CV to fly to ECC(lets put gates aside for the moment) then you need SV to land on ECC. after you are done with it you fly out ECC and have happy time to fly around planet, just because your CV is on other side. i can understand why CV is restricted but its too inconvinient.

Hmm yes, I feared this could happen. In the orbit cool but on planets not so much.
I can’t separate it. If it’s in the orbit, it’s also on the planet colored. Well, this is realistically anyways.
I try to tone done the saturation a bit.

I played myself and see how inconvenient it could be in the long run.
I allowed CVs to ECC again but they have to be CPU Tier 1.

3 Likes

Yes a little inconvenient but i found a way around it. I landed at the garage and used the teleporter to hq. On the surface i have a tiny disposable HV i use to zip around the planet.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1965923397

This combined with OCD 5 makes it easy to roam the surface collecting all to be found. Epic armor is a must if you use this on unforgiving planets.

I feel we all have been a little spoiled by past seasons. My trip through Vanillia was a real eye opener on the game itself. While the HWS features are super helpful, they do make us complacent at times and we tend to forget the harsh “survival” aspect of the game.

Change can be very scary and overwhelming at first. I know it will take some getting used to but if we have the same universe over and over again, it will get stale and boring. I for one would rather not just log in, do dailies, and log back out. There is a vast new universe waiting to be explored here. Give it a chance.

Yes a little annoying but think of the ideas behind each structure type. CV is meant for long distance travels from one solar system to another. SV is for hopping between planets in a system. HV is for roaming the surface of a planet to explore. That is the exploration side of the structures.

For combat, HV is the tank for ground assaults. SV is the small nimble fighter. CV is the huge battleship that can transport tanks and small fighters.

I think this is going in a great direction for a total immersion into a science fiction universe. You will miss so much by rushing through to get from one place to another and the game will get boring fast. Take a breather and explore what the universe has to offer. There are plenty of cellphone games out there that will satisfy the need to rush but empyrion needs patience most of all. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride.

1 Like

I feel the universe too much complicated and big. With the new map is very diffucult to navigate or understand where i am. I needed to ask how to get back from hw to ecc to other clan mates. I imagine someone new that goes there and will die and quit there. Sorry but honestly i dont like it. The layout is too much cloggered. Nice shape on paper, tremendous to navigate.
With many supergates behind rep points at least you should give 100rp at start of the season.
Probably i just need used to. Anyway try to go from hw to bh… very difficult since is…void

I agree and why are hw and ecc not connected with stargates?

Don’t understand this at all.

Yes, new universe. New logic. Get used to takes time.

First there wasn’t. Players too spoiled.
Tonight I rethought it and reimplemented it. For increased cost.
Jumping from hottest PvP to hottest PvE for free is no more.

1 Like

Is there the possibility to reconsider that you can use the SG’s in which you only pay credits without rp and there you can also make some SG’s more expensive than others? of course some in pvp can also be with rp, but you don’t get so much rp to make active pvp and also to save a few rp more and upgrade the ocd or for the EB other things you might need in pvp like egs5 or stealth.

2 Likes

I really like this idea. Perhaps make PvP to PvP be the base amount, PvE to PvE be less expensive, PvP to PvE very expensive, PvE to PvP very inexpensive (if not free.) Possibly add RP cost only if you are guilty or have bounty. Lots of role playing options there.

1 Like

will also agree, thou i use my CV, i do fairly see the point!
If not the RP containers has to be put out there in a much grater scale than now!
On Protoz life is hard, but even after working on many pois, there is still no RP giving poi!

When RP is given away so easy, it should be easier to collect :wink: Feel now that RP collection is much as before, but the use is heavier!

Say 3000cr per jump, or if possible: 5000cr OR 1 rp =D Also gives a new value to the RP sales on marked =D Not sure if that can be done tho :frowning:

Late season, with 2-5k RP i do see the cost, but right now, many are still working the way arround the universe!

Just a feedback =)

If you warp from hw to void you cannot select it from map, you need to scroll on sector list.

yes it is very big compared for previous versions. also a little hard to navigate the sector map. i was able to discern that the camera movement mirrors player movement a bit when u hold right click. still a little wonky but this helps seeing the whole layout. no more quickly selecting and warping. takes a bit more effort to plot a course. both good and bad depending on the situation.

1 Like

I have still no clue what you mean.
It works perfectly fine.

CTRL + Left Mouse button click and you set the warp target:

You have to select the Homeworld Planet of course.

Maybe the button V helps to switch camera angles.

Especially for Veterans: maybe you missed the important help button here: