HWS 13 Pre-Announcement Teaser | Full Wipe Notices | Galaxy Rework

Again lies and deception, as can be every season to swear not to touch OSD and every season to remove and remove from it. Come to your senses Admin and so the game turns into a dumpster and so many lies.

On Elemental Bank:
I notice that Elemental Bank package, may not work for me with the shorter time, due to I had 70k CR care over from the last wipe, now spent down 42k CR. to upgrade EB from level 1 to level 8. For wipe cap of 80k. So, if I allow to be set back to 70k CR. after this come wipe, for zero gain with care over credits, to keep thing fair. I was hoping to save for OCD Level 7 at cost of 700M CR. This all had been planing do work when current game mechanics. I like idea of work from bottom and try work hard go to top without gaining or going out side the normal rules.

Thank you for all your hard work and have fun. :smiley:

toxicity doesn’t truly have any known “measurements.” varying from slapstick ball busting to degrading personal insults. 2 people can see a situation very differently no matter what side they are on. the biggest issues with text conversation is you can never hear tone,
you can only imagine how the words sound in your mind. sadly this will always be affected by our previous experiences. lots can happen when minds of different views collide. one thing we all must realize is we all have that “little prick” sitting on our shoulder that says “Hey, You know what would be funny?” and we don’t listen to the other one that is trying desperately to poke holes in that idea. Yes there are others that are only happy to bring misery to others. thankfully that is not the case most of the time here. banter will always be present whenever competition is involved. a little healthy chest thumping gets the blood flowing for those who need it.

after several seasons i can say it may be draining to experience the time wasting drama that arises, but for the most part it is not nearly as toxic as it had 1st appeared. very tame in comparison to my previous “digital life” in a very old game called counterstrike. i have been told over voice chat many of times how someone has done something to my mother in all sorts of creative ways. hop on discord voice chat rather than read too much into the trash talk text. conversations can be very eye opening.

either way we are all here to find treasure and turn it into bullets to toss at many things. there are several ways to get good advice other than the usual hectic global chat in game. just ask around.

Yes I know it’s illegal but it hasn’t stopped anyone from doing it. Just read chat each day and you can see the proof.

Reading chat is far from proof. That’s like believing everything you read on these internets! If it’s a legit complaint, they can file a report and Rex can check logs. Like most though, it will show there was no camping. Most don’t actually file a complaint because they know warp camping wasn’t the case, they just rather complain about it in chat. One guy recently was very vocal about being warp camped… come to find out he warped in and flew a few kilometers and THEN got attacked. Far from warp camping but he sure did complain about it in global chat.

1 Like

In terms of ocd wiping i think thats not the right answer to the actual issue of the excessive and overplentiful of resources which is exactly what caused this unbalance to begin with. This made ships more expensive and more time consuming to build because now you have to spend more time mining more resources then you needed before. The construction time has also increased which makes it more time consuming to build and requires more resource input to cut time then before. And whipping players ocd will not solve that issue, only more fun ways of getting players to use them in battle will.

Below are two screens one is from my pvp sv from alpha 10.5 and the next is an alpha 12 cpu complaint ship. Both are of HWS configuration of resources from the alphas mentioned above. As you can tell the resources have resin massively in some cases about to 8 times.

Alpha 10.5 sv

Alpha 12 sv

More screens here: Increasing Resource Cost Does Not Incentivise PVP or New Players Staying for PVP

I will miss the exploration aspect. Without a doubt thousands of systems is a problem, but only seven doesn’t leave a lot of room for just deciding to explore for the night. Twenty one new
systems would be a great way to ensure that people could play as they wished, but still have far more of a chance of encountering other players. I have to admit, the PVP flag used to get adrenaline going, but with the massive amount of stars, I started even forgetting turn on shields.

That said. I did like that you could get what you need, but it took longer. Also, if you are doing only seven, can the seed please be different on EU and NA that way there are at least 14 to explore? I have found two planets that have been great for bases, one with the POI’s I like to run, one with great hunting, and all within a warp of Homeworld. I’ll miss the sandbox feel, but understand the need. I’m always glad to pay to support the server. I did enjoy the choice each evening of PVP or PVE both with solid rewards. I hope this new system doesn’t take that away.

I see why it is difficult to compete with some folks. I just don’t have the reserves to have 20+ copies of my pvp ships in factory yet, and I’ve been on several seasons. I see why so many are willing to risk destruction, for me, at the moment, its still a significant loss.

Have you thought of the idea of a third server for an absolute clean wipe? I’m sure it’d be expensive, but it might be a good compromise for the OCD issue, I know i’d start there in a heartbeat.

Could even be HWS version of Hard Mode. Limit OCD and Bank mercilessly or completely, so that you really had to choose what to bring, or brought nothing at all but rep. Would be a great reset every season.

1 Like

I think this cautious approach to adding stars is a good idea, Rexx. Starting small and with a direction to “quality over quantity” is a wise and smart move, Rexx. Congrats! :vulcan_salute: :gift_heart:

Maybe now we can implement the bunkers that brought so much pvp to this server in the past. I remember i made this blueprint for that specific purpose of allowing safe harbor and ease of access into pvp at a moments notice. Here is the blueprint: Its intended as an indestructible base with an admin core for a room renting or buying gameplay system for pvp. It has hangers for 1 sv or hv and for 132 people to live in.

Veterans should not be punished because their hard work has gotten them a reserve of resources just because new players don’t have them because their new. That ridiculous!

Anyways, wiping is not the answer when the problem is as i mentioned above and in other threads which is the >

You see the quote above about the excessive and overplentifulness of resources is what caused HWS to change its configuration so that now everything is more expensive then it was before. Its like an inflation of paper money but instead in this case its an inflation of resources. This created an even bigger gap between veterans and new players so in reality “a bigger gap between the rich and the poor.”

With Love, Israel

Do we know if there will be any public teleporters other than the ever popular monoliths? I do love the monolith but have to admit I have been spoiled with our new ability. Space travel can be very boring at times with the limited in-flight movie selections :frowning:

Rexus we spent the entire season trying to play in lags and bugs cursing the galaxy and the hands of developers and now you give us a gift for a week to sort out cargodrons for God knows why! Where is the adequacy?

actually this was announced at the beginning of the season here:

this was referenced in the initial post here as well.

actually not

Referenced right here mate.

English is not my native language, but even I was able to understand what we are talking about temporarily inflated at the 10% limits quarhodron. Why can’t you understand this? friends

RexXxus, I only got one question and wish. Can we bring back the galaxy maps like in hws 10 and prior? Like this?

Atleast for the Core systems. I miss having this as a feature, it is a much needed thing to have, I see people asking questions all the time that this map could solve.

2 Likes