HWS 5.0 - Merry Christmas Announcement

You guys are the best. See you in 2017.

Merry Christmas
again more good news :slight_smile:

Good job guys. Happy the AM are active again

Merry Christmas all

[quote=“Xanif, post:14, topic:3040”]
If at all possible I would like a list of the coordinates for all jump points in the HWS universe.
[/quote]Perhaps a stupid temporary solution but perhaps put an empty trade station (or other visible POI on the map) in the center of the warppoint. If you are within 1500m of that POI then you KNOW you are in the warpzone.

I assume that the warp thingy is relatively high on the prio list of the devs. It should be relatively easy to properly fix this for them (prevent re-entry of warp-zone and/or disable all guns/turrets & chatbot commands and give immunity while inside it for the first x minutes after a warp. If x is high enough it can also safe you if you DC-ed after a warp perhaps but x should be configurable by the server admin.

I think a good solution would be just to exit the warp anywhere randomly within 10KM of the center of the playfield. There would be no warp camping because a player could appear anywhere at any time.

I am strongly opposed to an invuln at warp exit, unless it is accompanied by some sort of warp countdown / cooldown.

Why? Can’t be abused.

Random spawning also works as long as the game checks that you don’t spawn near other players/bases/POI/planets/etc. But this kinda sucks for factions that all warp at the same time and then start scattered in the new playfield… So if this solution is taken instead then a special kind of warp (group warp) should be added to the game.

The reason I don’t like the invuln is because it gives an advantage for no reason, jumping into a PvP system should be dangerous.

Good observation, RE: group warp.

They have code to know when you are inside the Elemental bank. So maybe they can check if you are inside the warp in zone and issue a warning?

Elemental bank is a structure and they do it by intruder log.

I guess they could slam down an HWS owned BA core at the warp in points.

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.

Hi jascha hope you had a good Xmas :slight_smile:
Did you notice the message Rex added you too about some NPC traders not working ?
Was just curious of the situation lol dying to make some shinney creds :stuck_out_tongue:

Totally loving the HWS EU PVE only server! Looking forward to the implementation of the HWS Connect for it. No rush for the other services such as OCD and AM, works fine so far without it, feels like a nice survival server so far. The new Galaxy map layout is really nice. Thanks for setting this server up for us :slight_smile:

On another topic, has there been any ideas about setting up a “HWS Con” in the future? Maybe here in Germany, would love to meet you guys some day and sit around and shoot around some ideas. Maybe some of the EGS developers would show up.

1 Like

Hi,

Could we pls have a new Scoreboard of RP fĂźr the Servers?

Thx

1 Like

Hehe, well people can meet me in Berlin or Cologne.
Otherwise this is an interesting idea…

1 Like

#NA Server

1. @Abrum13 - 163 RP
  2. @tomcat - 130 RP
  3. @Arlongkpr - 101 RP

EU Server

1. @Stunner666 - 112 RP
  2. @SrPato - 88 RP
  3. @Kadean - 86 RP