HWS 5.0! (Teaser)

Sweet! I think it’s a bit more realistic that way too. Having to look up the vehicle’s registry, call signs and etc to identify someone rather than a color. Yeah, color is nice but anyone can adjust it. Maybe later we can add faction types of armor to the game? Depending on what Eleon does with it.

However, I do hope that one day, Eleon will make those radar decorations actual radar so you can increase the ability to “see” things out in space. Along with a jammer unit and ways to counter jam. Would also be nice for an actual communications array so global chat isn’t constant, and if you want to socialize, you need the right array or actual stop at a station. :smiley:

1 Like

I’m gonna mark my ships red to confuse pirates. But painting them takes too long… And capturing enemy ships means painting… So much paint work…

Honestly black = best PVP color. Harder to identify targets and components and designs. If we had a batch color option all my ships would go gray --> black.

Isn’t it just the colour of your char? not ur ship also. I like the diversity you get from customised and different coloured ships. If it’s the case that for the special RP to be granted for both player and ship being the origins colour might be an idea to create a skin that can be deployed using the texture tool, this would save a lot of time, each origins ship skin would only be available to members of said origin making it harder for ppl to put dif skin on their ship as a disguise.

But I never see character colors anyway. By the time they get in range for you to see them normally you already shot them because you shoot them from up to 850 meters away.
Close combat with handguns = super rare.

So in that case I don’t really see the point. And if someone is with handgun inside POI, I just steal his ship parked outside :smiley: and build a BA within turret range. No need for close combat.

When i get this right, we are “forced” to wear this colors and guns if we want to gain RP.

No the colour is like a guideline, to enhance the role play factor. :). It would be hard to get the tool to recognise this so for now do it if you want but if you dont there will be no disadvantage.The idea of rewarding people who follow is cool but not implemented yet so no worries

You must have the relevant weapon in your inventory to get the rp, but you are not forced…RP is optional, Its in your hands. Wait for update in the other post about a few changes. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is not optional if you want to live safe on a pve-planet. I´ve played on HWS because you got a balance between PVE and PVP. Now everybody is forced to live in fear or to stay on a PVE-Server without connection to the other servers.

1 Like

Whizzel…they got a PVE server…dont know where your Prob is :wink:

The problem is that the balance is broken. You cant switch from PVE to PVP-Server anymore. So they divide the community

He wants a balance between PVE and PVP I guess. And RP is supposed to be that balance but it requires a few hundred hours of farming RP (WITHOUT dying, I suppose this penalty still exists?). So we still get punished for PVP.

And then (not 100% sure) but it seems that the donator planets don’t have an RP requirement but Rex’s post was a bit vague regarding this as it could meant both. If they have not, Whizz you can land on the donator again straight away.

Space = offline raiding + exploits + bugs + origin size. Without proper offline protection and with all the exploits that went from 4.0 --> 5.0 a PVP oriented server is … mmm… And 100% PVE is also… Mmmmm… Might as well make the 100% PVE server creative then. But hey, if we go full PVP mode anyway, then we must make use of every advantage we get to win. Starting with making the biggest origin on the server.

The other server is 80% PVE, Homeworld, Lucifer/Gabriel are all PVP…

if bugs/pvp worry you then this is more balanced to PVE than PVP…

There is no right choice, its a personal one. In the PVE you will stillm have to enter PVP but have lots of PVE to choose from, All the rare resources are PVP.

The NA/EU is back to the roots, The new server is for mainly PVE but PVP where it matters

If players are worried about losing then i would recommend the new server

2 Likes

Then have fun on the PVE Server XD. I am really fine with the new rules. Nobody say it will be easy but thats fine. I think we have to relax and play 5.0 then we will see what is not good and what is better. :slight_smile: Teamplay for the win i think good luck guys :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. I agree with what you said.

:smiley: stuff it I’m done, tools down, materials cleared up time to go home get washed and emerse myself in 5.0 :slight_smile: